PDA

View Full Version : Crappy experience at Pho Kim

Pages : [1] 2

xDiMSuMx
11-26-2004, 02:41 AM
Used to like this place but after tonight I don't know if i'll be going back there any time soon

So my gf and i go there to eat and she finds a little fly in her pho
I tell the waiter and he brings out a new bowl for her

Half way through my bowl i find one in mine too
Waiter offers a new bowl for me

We decide to leave after that, my gf hasn't even touched her food at all
So when we get up to the cashier she gets our bill and tells us that she's going to give us a whole 10% off! SCORE! :rolleyes:

-Pho Kim is just off 16th and Centre NW by New Asia, Banana Jak's, The Brick

saiyajin
11-26-2004, 02:44 AM
i never liked pho kim but most ppl i know seem to like it there...

there are way better pho places in town...a bunch in the se hah

badseed
11-26-2004, 02:55 AM
Shitty man. I hate it when you have a terrible experience at a restaraunt somewhere and the manager know it but only offers to give a small discount.:banghead:

Reminds me of this one time I ate a Boston Pizza with my gf and our food took like 45 minutes for a small pizza and a sandwhich. The place was dead and my sandwich had maybe 1oz of chicken on it. I complained to the mananger politely and he offers 10% of the bill. This is fuckin insulting to me. I got pissed and spat my food on the floor and said "you can keep the food cuz I ain't payin for shit".

szw
11-26-2004, 03:01 AM
I hate it when people have a bad experience and expect to get everything for free.

import_illusion
11-26-2004, 03:04 AM
yea i never really like pho kim..use to eat there alot last year because my friends liked it but personally i think the service is crappy and there's alot better viet restaurants out there

Originally posted by badseed
Reminds me of this one time I ate a Boston Pizza with my gf and our food took like 45 minutes for a small pizza and a sandwhich. The place was dead and my sandwich had maybe 1oz of chicken on it. I complained to the mananger politely and he offers 10% of the bill. This is fuckin insulting to me. I got pissed and spat my food on the floor and said "you can keep the food cuz I ain't payin for shit".

lmao:rofl: u spat your food on the floor haha..did u just end up leaving after without paying?

badseed
11-26-2004, 03:09 AM
^ I agree some people use this concept to their advantage but if you trully have a horrible experience (like a fly in pho) it should be replaced and free of charge at the very least. Any well run Restaraunt would exercise this policy IMO.

I've been to many places where I've had poor dining and haven't even had to say something. I remember eating at Moxies at chinook and waiting an hour for my food. The manager came out on his own, said the order had been lost or not entered, offered to take care of the bill and asked if there was anything else he could do. Now thats what I expect, wouldn'y you??

I don't pay to be dissapointed.

Weapon_R
11-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by szw
I hate it when people have a bad experience and expect to get everything for free.

Did you expect them to pay for the plate when there is a fly in BOTH of their plates?

Sure, once in a while you might find a fly or hair, but if its in both plates, I question the cleanliness of the place in the back, and sure as hell would lose my appetite if we found something in each of our plates!

xDiMSuMx
11-26-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by szw

that should just depend on what the bad experience is

my girlfriend had 1 bite or her soup before she found the fly in it
my bowl was half done
i think we should not have had to pay at all

even when the waiter brought out a new bowl she wouldn't touch it since the soup all comes from the same pot
if ours had a fly in each, i wonder how many flies are in the pot in the kitchen

xDiMSuMx
11-26-2004, 03:26 AM
oh and my girlfriend told me that she found a toothpick in her bowl a year ago

:barf:

badseed
11-26-2004, 03:33 AM
:barf: Thats disgusting. Although I'm sure the majority of places out there are pretty dirty, it's the differnce between seeing it and hearing it.

kanjus_paki
11-26-2004, 03:35 AM
should have stormed out and caused a huge ruckus!!

let someone know bout it like city of calgary health or whatever the hell it is!

legendboy
11-26-2004, 08:55 AM
I use to eat there tons with Ludelvr, so one time we are there with another guy who's family owns bagolac. Our pho comes and our friend notices that the outside of his bowl is a bit dirty but we keep eating and talking away, so our friend gets about half way done his and he finds a spoon in the bottom of his bowl :rofl: :barf:

DUBBED
11-26-2004, 09:22 AM
That's burtal, I remember one time at Joey's I ordered a stiryfry with no tomatos. Sure enough it had tomatos anyway but I ate the whole thing and pushed the tomatos off to the side. The manager noticed and ended up paying out whole $75 bill. So I keep going back. I didn't even complain, I was ready to pay.

B17a
11-26-2004, 09:43 AM
YEah some places are pretty good about righting their wrongdoings. One time at Jack Astors I had a fucking asshole of a waiter, the guy was slow, delievered our food with no utensils then sat at a table chatting with his buddies. I finally got up went to the serving station and got my own utensils. I had no intention of making a scene other than the $0.01 tip he got but the manager asked me on our way out how things were. I let him now, sure enough 2 weeks later they mailed me $20 in gift certificates.:thumbsup:

kkcool6
11-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Yes I think they should of given you a free meal but alot of times the owners are not there and only the waiter etc are working.

I think this may of been the case, I know the waiters etc dont have much options as they're not allow to give out free meals, I know I used to work ther a couple of years ago and thats how it was.

D'z Nutz
11-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Pho Kim's disgusting. My sister had a friend that used to work there and she said that one time she saw someone send some soup meal back to the kitchen because the beef wasn't fully cooked. So the cook just dipped his fingers into the soup and held the meat under the soup longer until it cooked out more and sent it back out. :barf:

MP5
11-26-2004, 12:15 PM
thats why i dont eat there :rofl: no more

sexualbanana
11-26-2004, 01:36 PM
The fly in the soup I can understand to be free. That's not an issue.

But with badseed's experience, I think 10% is reasonable. Waiting a long time for food is not grounds for making it free, unless they have a promotion or whatnot of "Get your meal in 10 minutes or it's free" kind of deal.

Ariakas
11-26-2004, 02:33 PM
ah yes Pho Kim, I had a fly in my soup too a while back. Haven't been back there for quite some time...

JAYMEZ
11-26-2004, 05:56 PM
LOL what the hell , I had a fly in my rice at Pho Kims before , this was around this time last year.... EWwww , didnt have to pay for it though.

max_boost
11-26-2004, 06:19 PM
That's gross! Pho Kim is more $ than other places too. If they are having sanitary issues I wonder how Hoa Lan is doing! LOL

I found a fly in my ichiban at dessert house once and sent it back...I wanted another bowl but Sam cautionned against it...haha! :barf:

Lyndsi

YCB
11-26-2004, 06:19 PM
why do people still go there? their pho aint so good.. maybe for convience yes.. for taste no.. noodles in a huge clump and everything.. :thumbsdow

xDiMSuMx
11-26-2004, 06:24 PM
i only went there because of the parking
nothing else around there except chinatown

badseed
11-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
The fly in the soup I can understand to be free. That's not an issue.

But with badseed's experience, I think 10% is reasonable. Waiting a long time for food is not grounds for making it free, unless they have a promotion or whatnot of "Get your meal in 10 minutes or it's free" kind of deal.

Ahhhh....ok. I wasn't expecting my food in 10 minutes, but it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to make sandwich with no orders ahead of mine, so yes 10% off is pathetic IMO. Not only that but sandwich was chincy (more than usual) .But hey if your content with sittin in a empty restaraunt waitin 45 minutes for a simple sandwich then props to you, I for one, don't have that kinda patience.

toyboy88
11-26-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Pho Kim's disgusting. My sister had a friend that used to work there and she said that one time she saw someone send some soup meal back to the kitchen because the beef wasn't fully cooked. So the cook just dipped his fingers into the soup and held the meat under the soup longer until it cooked out more and sent it back out. :barf:

:barf: :barf:

jdmakkord
11-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Thats another reason why I go to Pho ahn huyen around the corner from there.

bksze
11-27-2004, 01:48 PM
haha you guys are complaining about the cleanliness of pho (or asian food in general)

everyone knows the dirtier the kitchen, the tastier the food!!!

5abi
11-27-2004, 02:00 PM
NOT DIRTY AS IN INSECT INFESTED DIRTY

theken
11-27-2004, 05:02 PM
me and my girlfriend ordered a small pizza at moxies, they burnt the pizza, the manager came out before the food came to us with bruschetta and soup, and told us the pizza had be on fire so another one is being made, the soup and bruschetta were free and we got a large pizza, and she gave our drinks free and 50%off our bill, (I had like 4 beer and she had a bunch of girl drinks)

Chim
11-27-2004, 07:13 PM
^yea moxies from my experience has very good service.

They put the wrong toppings on our pizza, so they gave us the wrong pizza for free and came out right away with the right pizza.

Altezza
11-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by bksze

everyone knows the dirtier the kitchen, the tastier the food!!!

A sad, but unfortunate truth.

Curious
11-27-2004, 07:46 PM
:rofl: Everyone I know gets a stomach ache after eating at Hoa Lan, and have learned our lesson. Plus, everyone knows that joint ain't in the business of selling viet food. :rofl:

GucciBoy
11-27-2004, 08:21 PM
The name says it all. I mean wtf kind of lame name is that - PHO KIM?

I went there once and found a staple in my dish, yes a staple!

jaysas_63
11-29-2004, 07:39 PM
ok are u guys talkin about the PHO KIM next to western that was later renamed to PHOUNG VI.....plz tell me cause i am honestly about to fuckin throw up....i use to eat at this place like at least every other day.....

szw
11-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
ok are u guys talkin about the PHO KIM next to western that was later renamed to PHOUNG VI.....plz tell me cause i am honestly about to fuckin throw up....i use to eat at this place like at least every other day.....

Why not give reading a try?

cboyspimp
11-30-2004, 02:48 AM
pho kim is good:thumbsup:

Ben
11-30-2004, 04:08 AM

Dont worry, Phuong VI Ownz!

sillyd
11-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Some of the pho places reuse their soup broth (as in the half eaten bowl you just left goes back in the pot). Nasty!

Curious
11-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Don't worry, Phuong Vi ain't doin so well, they're for sale, yet again!!!

Tux10
11-30-2004, 11:46 AM
ahh, this reminds me of when I worked at a vietnamese restaurant... we use to have fly catching competitions where we would trap hundreds of flies in a little baggy. I still remember the head chef always had his finger up his nose digging for "nuggets" while he was stir frying a dish or having a smoke sticking out of his mouth.

Hope none of you go to an asian place expecting it to be clean? Don't think that is possible... It's hard to eat asian food after you worked at one...

lam-boy
11-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Tux10
ahh, this reminds me of when I worked at a vietnamese restaurant... we use to have fly catching competitions where we would trap hundreds of flies in a little baggy. I still remember the head chef always had his finger up his nose digging for "nuggets" while he was stir frying a dish or having a smoke sticking out of his mouth.

Hope none of you go to an asian place expecting it to be clean? Don't think that is possible... It's hard to eat asian food after you worked at one...

hahaha we used to do that at oriental phoenix
we would catch flies with our BARE Hands and then put them in bags and freeze em.
I hate that resturant.

EacydeLude
11-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Ahhh Pho Kim.. what a wonderful place.

I was there one time and I caught the waitress wiping down her sweaty feet with a damp rag, and then continue to use it to wipe the tables.. no wonder they stink!!

I've also had flies in my drinks / soups. Needless to say I am never going back.

GucciBoy
11-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by EacydeLude
Ahhh Pho Kim.. what a wonderful place.

I was there one time and I caught the waitress wiping down her sweaty feet with a damp rag, and then continue to use it to wipe the tables.. no wonder they stink!!

I've also had flies in my drinks / soups. Needless to say I am never going back.

WOW LOL - this is quite some place to dine at.

A rag, a staple, a fly LOL. Thats quite the cdelcious combo!

Like I said, the name says it all -

PHO KIM!

lets rename it

POO KIM!!!PHO KIM

EnRich
11-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by szw

Your an idiot buddy, maybe you should give reading a try... Or better yet why dont you take the mrs's out to this place tonight... I expect you to pay full price even if you get flies and shit in your soup or whatever pho is... I swear ppl like you blow my mind sometimes...

Fucking retard...

Btw instead of that 10%, I woulda walked right outta there, I've never heard of something like this happening before, expecting to pay at a dirty restaurant... Thats just terrible...

Rich

GucciBoy
11-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by EnRich

Your an idiot buddy, maybe you should give reading a try... Or better yet why dont you take the mrs's out to this place tonight... I expect you to pay full price even if you get flies and shit in your soup or whatever pho is... I swear ppl like you blow my mind sometimes...

Fucking retard...

Btw instead of that 10%, I woulda walked right outta there, I've never heard of something like this happening before, expecting to pay at a dirty restaurant... Thats just terrible...

Rich

sorry not on the ball today - so are you saying?

EnRich
11-30-2004, 01:53 PM
wasnt talking to you...

t-im
11-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

hahaha we used to do that at oriental phoenix
we would catch flies with our BARE Hands and then put them in bags and freeze em.
I hate that resturant.

which ones oriental phoenix?

szw
11-30-2004, 06:27 PM

Fucking retard...

Rich

I wasn't talking about the pho I was talking about the other guy and his little story. I guess I should have quoted that.

But even the guy who posted up this thread said he didn't expect to get it all for free. Most asian places won't offer things like what you guys expect though. You'd probably have to barter with them!

lam-boy
11-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by t-im

which ones oriental phoenix?

theres one on 27th and Barlow NE (I used to work there and on) 58th (By Chinook centre) I forgot the address.

but they are shady people. I got many stories.

Curious
11-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

theres one on 27th and Barlow NE (I used to work there and on) 58th (By Chinook centre) I forgot the address.

but they are shady people. I got many stories.

Yes they are, most viet rest. owners are shady... :rofl:

t-im
11-30-2004, 11:41 PM
hmm..should i not be eating at the oriental phoenix by chinook?!!??!?!!?!??!?!!?

GTS Jeff
12-01-2004, 12:54 AM
interesting thread...dunno how i missed it.

but yea, everytime ive driven past that place i think to myself..."pho kim? fuck 'em!"

lam-boy
12-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by t-im
hmm..should i not be eating at the oriental phoenix by chinook?!!??!?!!?!??!?!!?

heres a fine example.

dropping pork chops, wonton, shrimp whatever, whatever they drop. pick it back up no matter where it fell then continue to put it into the bowl that you we're making.

GQNammer
12-08-2004, 04:43 AM
Yes all pho places are pretty dirty. Yes, almost all of them are owned by people who really aren't doing it to make money but to probably clean their flow.

As for pho kim, one of their server's who's male and looks 1/2 white 1/2 asian needs to learn how to use deoderant. I always friggin get him when I used to go there. It wouldn't matter what time of day it was, he smelt like he just finished having a sweat shower. Disgusting.

Also, speaking of getting things for free. I went to The Keg with my gf and 3 other people. 4 of us got prime rib and in one of the horseradish cup, there was an ant in it. None of us ate horseradish with our prime rib, none of us complained. The server came by and asked how everything was. We told her everything was fine and then we joked about the ant being in our horseradish. She was shocked, told the manager, manager comes and tells us that one of our dishes will be free and drinks were on the house. Now that's friggin sweet.

Forgot to mention that The Keg location was the one on mcleod near chinook.

Xtrema
12-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Asians are usually pretty forgiving. Flies in a white guy's soup and you'll have - at minimum - health department on your ass.

Pho Kim was good when they started many years back. Best bang for the $. But it got worse and worse after the 1st years. Havn't been there for years and from the sound of it, it's a wise choice.

I rather move a block up to the one closer to New Asia.

Oriental Pheonix is rip off. Cater to caucasians with high prices.

jaysas_63
12-08-2004, 09:33 AM
how does silver dragon compare....i usualy go there once a week or so when i am in cal., is it a clean place?, it looks clean....

sputnik
12-08-2004, 10:29 AM
how does silver dragon compare....i usualy go there once a week or so when i am in cal., is it a clean place?, it looks clean....

Silver Dragon isnt a Vietnamese restaurant its a Chinese restaurant.

BebeAphrodite
12-08-2004, 11:18 AM

Not clean and I don't think it LOOKS clean either.
I know someone who saw a cochroach running around in the kitchen when he delivered there.
If I end up at asian/viet restaurants I try not to look in the corners or into the back. :barf:

silvercivicsir
12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
i still would rather eat at PHo kim then any other Pho Place..

Also I like the half white/Half Chinese guy. always gives me good service, and always brings me the Satay Sauce without asking..
:thumbsup:

EnRich
12-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by szw

I wasn't talking about the pho I was talking about the other guy and his little story. I guess I should have quoted that.

But even the guy who posted up this thread said he didn't expect to get it all for free. Most asian places won't offer things like what you guys expect though. You'd probably have to barter with them!

Fuck bartering... I go out to eat, and expect to eat at a nice clean place... I would have refused to pay and have walked outta there... Who's ever heard of flies in their food... Man, I am NEVER eating at a viet place, never have never will after this thread...

Weapon_R
12-08-2004, 05:37 PM

Fuck bartering... I go out to eat, and expect to eat at a nice clean place... I would have refused to pay and have walked outta there... Who's ever heard of flies in their food... Man, I am NEVER eating at a viet place, never have never will after this thread...

:werd:

Worst part is, i've been a good customer of Pho Kim for a while now. :cry:

Weapon_R
12-08-2004, 05:38 PM

Worst part is, i've been a good customer of Pho Kim for a while now. :cry:

Of course, after hearing of so many horror stories about that place, I aint going back. No way I would accept having a fly in my food, or a spoon or anything else for that matter. That's just sick.

ninjak84
12-08-2004, 05:45 PM
This thread was pretty informing/entertaining!

As long as no one has any horror stories from Edo Japan, my Asian eating diet won't change at all. :)
I go for bubble-tea maybe 2 times a year. Other than that, it's gotta be Edo!

AcuraTl
12-08-2004, 05:52 PM
This isent about Pho, but how do you guys like hawkwood palace?? NONE of the waitresses can speak english, and the food takes forever. But it tastes good, however EVERY time we go their they fuck up our order, we order veggie spring rolls, out come the chicken... pisses me off, usually they just bring us the veggie and give us no discount. Also i swear they are always talkin about you in chinese behind your back... know i gotto learn chinese...and when they are talking burst in their convo...that would suprise em hahaha :D

t-im
12-08-2004, 05:57 PM
^ i get takeout from there all the time (3x a week) and we know the owners..haha and our order is never screwed up

overall, I think dining out in general you run the risk of eating at a dirty restaurant..I mean yes, their is a limit of acceptability of cleanliness, but if you can't handle that, eat at home...at home you'll know for sure it's clean!

/////AMG
12-08-2004, 06:01 PM
I've read this whole thread and all I can say is, why the hell would anyone go there!?!? With more than half of you guys having bad experiance and something ALWAYS in the bowl, fuck it. City of Calgary Health thingy should really look into this.

BebeAphrodite
12-08-2004, 07:17 PM
basically most asian restaurants are dirty like that - that's why you can't look in the corners or on the tables, everything is dirty
the ones in china town and a little up the street are dirty
you can't avoid it unless you're going to an asian restaurant that targets caucasian clientele

GTS Jeff
12-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
basically most asian restaurants are dirty like that - that's why you can't look in the corners or on the tables, everything is dirty
the ones in china town and a little up the street are dirty
you can't avoid it unless you're going to an asian restaurant that targets caucasian clientele :werd: asian places are definitely dirtier, and it doesnt matter either, because asians are used to the dirtiness. its u damn white devils with your weak stomachs that cry.

and u ppl that want to demand a refund from a pho place? haha wtf, do u think ure dining at moxies or something? ure paying 5.95 for a big bowl of pho, ure at a place run by some old granny, hahaha get off your high horse and pay the damn bill. if u dont like it, just dont go back. its ridiculous to expect fine dining sanitation at a place that u KNOW is likely to be dirty. anytime u eat at non-white-washed asian restaurant, cleaniness is a bonus, not your god given right.

with that said, ideally all restaurants, even the asian ones, would be clean and sanitary, but unfortunately that isnt the case....so quit whining.

EnRich
12-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
:werd: asian places are definitely dirtier, and it doesnt matter either, because asians are used to the dirtiness. its u damn white devils with your weak stomachs that cry.

and u ppl that want to demand a refund from a pho place? haha wtf, do u think ure dining at moxies or something? ure paying 5.95 for a big bowl of pho, ure at a place run by some old granny, hahaha get off your high horse and pay the damn bill. if u dont like it, just dont go back. its ridiculous to expect fine dining sanitation at a place that u KNOW is likely to be dirty. anytime u eat at non-white-washed asian restaurant, cleaniness is a bonus, not your god given right.

with that said, ideally all restaurants, even the asian ones, would be clean and sanitary, but unfortunately that isnt the case....so quit whining.

I dont care if its 10.95, 5.95, 1.95... If your going out to eat, your spending your hard earned money while some piece of shit guy in the back can't keep an area clean of flies... Get the fuck off me, if I went to Mcdonalds, and I spent 1.39 for a sandwich and I found a fly in there, the manager would be so sorry he'd probably suck my dick... It's the principle... Actually if finding flies in your food is a norm for you I guess a guy like u could suck it up and move on... But not me... Maybe if we lived in Vietnam, but your in Canada buddy... heh :rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
12-08-2004, 10:14 PM

I dont care if its 10.95, 5.95, 1.95... If your going out to eat, your spending your hard earned money while some piece of shit guy in the back can't keep an area clean of flies... Get the fuck off me, if I went to Mcdonalds, and I spent 1.39 for a sandwich and I found a fly in there, the manager would be so sorry he'd probably suck my dick... It's the principle... Actually if finding flies in your food is a norm for you I guess a guy like u could suck it up and move on... But not me... Maybe if we lived in Vietnam, but your in Canada buddy... heh :rolleyes: havent u heard of the phrase, "u get what u pay for?"

u cant buy a diamond ring for $10 and u cant expect perfect cleaniness for $1.39 either. canada is NOT utopia.

ZorroAMG
12-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeah but Canada does have health regulations in order to prevent us from finding foreign objects/bugs/ass/dirty shite in soup bowls. If you can't run a moderately clean restaurant, go do something else with your life.

Dood if I found a fly in my food, i'd drop my fork, put on my jacket and leave. Fuck hard workers no matter what race/type of restaurant. Barter?? EAT MY ASS. The only bartering would be the owner with the cops/health department to allow them to clean up and stay open.

What would they say? You owe me 7.99? I'd laugh my ASS off if they tried to make me pay.

GTS Jeff
12-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah but Canada does have health regulations in order to prevent us from finding foreign objects/bugs/ass/dirty shite in soup bowls. If you can't run a moderately clean restaurant, go do something else with your life.

Dood if I found a fly in my food, i'd drop my fork, put on my jacket and leave. Fuck hard workers no matter what race/type of restaurant. Barter?? EAT MY ASS. The only bartering would be the owner with the cops/health department to allow them to clean up and stay open.

What would they say? You owe me 7.99? I'd laugh my ASS off if they tried to make me pay. canada does have health regulations, but as shown in this thread, they dont always work.

the thing is, sure u can leave and sure u can not pay, but one thing u cannot do is go there again the next day and expect perfect service. unfortunately, a restaurants cleaniness is defined by reality, not health regulations, nor your personal expectations.

if i were ever caught in that situation, id probably drop my fork and leave too, but i wouldnt go home all bitter at how some dude couldnt run a world class operation for $5 pho.

GTS Jeff
12-08-2004, 11:16 PM

I dont care if its 10.95, 5.95, 1.95... If your going out to eat, your spending your hard earned money while some piece of shit guy in the back can't keep an area clean of flies... Get the fuck off me, if I went to Mcdonalds, and I spent 1.39 for a sandwich and I found a fly in there, the manager would be so sorry he'd probably suck my dick... It's the principle... Actually if finding flies in your food is a norm for you I guess a guy like u could suck it up and move on... But not me... Maybe if we lived in Vietnam, but your in Canada buddy... heh :rolleyes: oh yea, in addition to my other post..

HEY, YOU INSECURE, CONDESCENDING FUCKFACE, YOU AREN'T BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

the piece of shit guy in the back probably has more respect for other ppl than you. same goes for the manager of mcdonalds. theres no need to remind me that im in canada either. u think that im a vietnamese immigrant and that u can capitalize on that to bolster your position? fuck that, im not an immigrant, not that it matters, cuz its not an excuse for you to make you feel better about yourself by putting everyone else down. chump.

Skyline_Addict
12-09-2004, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

you can't avoid it unless you're going to an asian restaurant that targets caucasian clientele

or authentic japanese restaurants.

EnRich
12-09-2004, 02:13 PM
oh yea, in addition to my other post..

HEY, YOU INSECURE, CONDESCENDING FUCKFACE, YOU AREN'T BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE.

the piece of shit guy in the back probably has more respect for other ppl than you. same goes for the manager of mcdonalds. theres no need to remind me that im in canada either. u think that im a vietnamese immigrant and that u can capitalize on that to bolster your position? fuck that, im not an immigrant, not that it matters, cuz its not an excuse for you to make you feel better about yourself by putting everyone else down. chump.

LOL! ! ! ! You are one of the funniest immigrants I've ever heard, thats for sure... Actually I've never laughed so hard from something someone has said on here harder then you just made me laugh... Don't act like you dont take a bus to Walmart to shine shoes for a living.... junkie... And your right, I dont have any respect for you, you gotta earn that, and that fresh off the boat junkie in the back who can't even keep a kitchen clean certainly doesn't earn my respect nor my money... Haha I'm still laughing :D

djayz
12-09-2004, 02:32 PM
i worked in a kitchen for a while...
we got fly catchers and im sure they arent that expensive.maybe some of these places need a scare...call the help department and get them to upgrade their facilities and straighten out their staff

i was there last week with a few friends and we saw the waitress pour a few half full glasses of water into a jug then pour it out into one of the glasses with the jug and gave it to my friend

told him not to drink it...but i guess he could care less cuz it was better then eating the nasty food there.

abyss
12-09-2004, 02:34 PM

LOL! ! ! ! You are one of the funniest immigrants I've ever heard, thats for sure... Actually I've never laughed so hard from something someone has said on here harder then you just made me laugh... Don't act like you dont take a bus to Walmart to shine shoes for a living.... junkie... And your right, I dont have any respect for you, you gotta earn that, and that fresh off the boat junkie in the back who can't even keep a kitchen clean certainly doesn't earn my respect nor my money... Haha I'm still laughing :D

YOU aren't making ANY sense....He said he WASN'T an immigrant...:dunno:

EnRich
12-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Yea I know, I was making fun of him... omg some ppl...

BebeAphrodite
12-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by djayz
i worked in a kitchen for a while...
we got fly catchers and im sure they arent that expensive.maybe some of these places need a scare...call the help department and get them to upgrade their facilities and straighten out their staff

i was there last week with a few friends and we saw the waitress pour a few half full glasses of water into a jug then pour it out into one of the glasses with the jug and gave it to my friend

told him not to drink it...but i guess he could care less cuz it was better then eating the nasty food there.

Again, like what some others have said, the health food industry doesn't seem to be able to do that much. If they were to close all the restaurants for being dirty then those asian restaurants would permanently remain closed.
I'm sure they've gone there before, after all, when there's a sign on the door saying "closed for renovations" and no renovtations are done, then I'm assuming that they were closed temporarily to 'clean' up what the health inspectors closed them for and then they go back to their dirty habits.
Too bad they didn't enforce the regulations.

Weapon_R
12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Come on guys...how can anyone here justify having flies, staples, and spoons in their food by saying that it's a low priced restaurant???

Just because Pho isn't fine dining because it's cheap, there are other places in Calgary that make the effort to actually keep their places clean. Having the types of things in your plate is absolutely disgusting...imagine finding a used fork in your pasta at any Boston Pizza...I can bet, that not only will you get the entire meal for free, but the manager would bend over backwards for you.

B17a
12-09-2004, 05:11 PM
You're getting better value for your meal if anything. Free, unadulterated protein!!:D

GTS Jeff
12-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by abyss

YOU aren't making ANY sense....He said he WASN'T an immigrant...:dunno: haha and hes making fun of himself if anything..

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Come on guys...how can anyone here justify having flies, staples, and spoons in their food by saying that it's a low priced restaurant???

Just because Pho isn't fine dining because it's cheap, there are other places in Calgary that make the effort to actually keep their places clean. Having the types of things in your plate is absolutely disgusting...imagine finding a used fork in your pasta at any Boston Pizza...I can bet, that not only will you get the entire meal for free, but the manager would bend over backwards for you. u cant compare some mom and pops noodle house to an established national franchise. the people who run these places are often dirty asians...sanitation is asking a lot from these ppl man.

Weapon_R
12-09-2004, 06:54 PM
haha and hes making fun of himself if anything..

u cant compare some mom and pops noodle house to an established national franchise. the people who run these places are often dirty asians...sanitation is asking a lot from these ppl man.

:rofl: I guess you learn something new every day...

So now, where are the CLEAN pho places? Bagaloc licks balls by the way, please don't recommend that one. Clean, but there is NOTHING they have on any other pho place in Calgary...not even hoa lan.

AcuraTl
12-09-2004, 07:02 PM
how about saigon Y2k with a name like that u cant go wrong???:dunno: :dunno:

Anyways if i found a fly or something in my food i would ask for the waitress and say that im getting the fuck outta their, i would NEVER walk out firstly because they may think im skipping (im brown) and secondly i would NEVER order another plate, because if there is a fly in your bowl, chances are it was in the main pot to begin with. I would tell my friends about it, and if i experience it again i would promptly alert the authorities, we do live in Canada and their is a reason why we are taxxed outta the ass....its because of that we deserve a piece of mind when we go and eat out.....IMHO......

Scandalous
12-09-2004, 07:38 PM

:rofl: I guess you learn something new every day...

So now, where are the CLEAN pho places? Bagaloc licks balls by the way, please don't recommend that one. Clean, but there is NOTHING they have on any other pho place in Calgary...not even hoa lan.

Sorry to break it to you, but CLEAN pho places do not exist, as with full menu viet. restaurants. If you really crave viet. food than your just gonna have to suck it up and enjoy the extra protein. :thumbsup:

Ben
12-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Anyone who is defending these retsaurants right to be dirty sickens me.

Story:

I went to Joey Tomatos a couple weeks back. Was joined by fellow beyond member Fluidic. We both ordered Pasta, when the pasta came out, they were both luke warm, and mine had basically no sauce.

We explained the dilemma to the waitress and she was immediatly shocked and had our meals RE-prepared. no reheating or any of that bullshit, but brand new meals. When they came back the second time, they were still cold. Obviously a newbie in the kitchen who must have been rinsing the noodles in cold water or something.

When the waitress came back the second time, I joked about the meal still being colder than preferred, but she didn't take it as a joke at all. The manager was at our table immediatly after extremely upset with how the dining experience was and not only did he take care of both our meals, but gave us free whatever we wanted the next time we returned.

That my friends, both white and non white is how you run a fucking restaurant if you screw up. I have enjoyed the meal that I had that day many times prior and it was always excellent, so I know they're having an off day and will continue to return in the future.

Hell, the meal was edible, not like it was dirty, just wasn't to the proper temp. These asian places that are of filth and unacceptable health and sanitation regulations and they dont even acknowledge that? UNACCEPTABLE my friends...UNACCEPTABLE!

I dont work my ass off to have some chump say "Yeah, we have dirty food, here's a 10% discount". And I sure as fuck do not feel I should have to "deal with it" living here in Canada. In Canada we have rules and regulations, as well as Competition. If I get shitty service or terrible food, I most certainly will not return, and dont you dare expect me to pay for it. That menu does not say "your order may contain dirt, flies, ass sweat, foot sweat, boogers, and other mystery substances not found on the Canada Food Guide", and I certainly will not eat at a place or pay for a meal that gives me otherwise.

I love pho...I have pho all the time, but yes I am white, and apparantly us "whities" are evil and fuck things over for all the asian restaurants, making them have to adhear to strict health guidelines? Pfft. Blow me...dont want to have a clean restaurant here, GTFO! I turn a blind eye to a lot of it, but if I can see the god damn filth...sayounara!!!

Case in point.

Bagolac over by Chinook. Fantastic place. Clean dining area, and Clean bathrooms. The food is a buck or 2 more expensive than the true nammer joints in The Lawn or down town, but hey, it's clean, tastes good, and they never screw my order up due to language inhibitions. I ate at Ho Lan once and vowed never again, what a disgusting place. Most of the ones in Edmonton are even worse IMO.

So in close. You dirt lovers can take a hike. I like clean, and I dont feel I should EVER have to justify that, living here.

Skyline_Addict
12-09-2004, 09:36 PM
^^^
i'd have to agree with Ben. when you order food, you pay for it. you expect something out of it. you expect it to be good, satisfying and at a reasonable price. you do not go to a restaurant thinking "ohh... i'm going to have some food today at a dirty restaurant. ohh... and if I find ass sweat in it or anything, it's no big deal...heck, I even get a discount. it's ok!". it doesn't matter whether it is an expensive restaurant or a cheap restaurant....how much you pay for the food, even free food, does not justify having to settle for a mouthful of nose hairs! obviously Ben's experience at Joey's shows such a scenario where a reputable restaurant screwed up. however, the fixed their problem, and will continue to have Ben's patronage. i don't think you can "pity" restaurants that serve cheaper food because they are "less forunate". maybe you could tip the waiters extra if you really that bad.

EnRich
12-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Story:

I went to Joey Tomatos a couple weeks back. Was joined by fellow beyond member Fluidic. We both ordered Pasta, when the pasta came out, they were both luke warm, and mine had basically no sauce.

We explained the dilemma to the waitress and she was immediatly shocked and had our meals RE-prepared. no reheating or any of that bullshit, but brand new meals. When they came back the second time, they were still cold. Obviously a newbie in the kitchen who must have been rinsing the noodles in cold water or something.

When the waitress came back the second time, I joked about the meal still being colder than preferred, but she didn't take it as a joke at all. The manager was at our table immediatly after extremely upset with how the dining experience was and not only did he take care of both our meals, but gave us free whatever we wanted the next time we returned.

That my friends, both white and non white is how you run a fucking restaurant if you screw up. I have enjoyed the meal that I had that day many times prior and it was always excellent, so I know they're having an off day and will continue to return in the future.

Hell, the meal was edible, not like it was dirty, just wasn't to the proper temp. These asian places that are of filth and unacceptable health and sanitation regulations and they dont even acknowledge that? UNACCEPTABLE my friends...UNACCEPTABLE!

I dont work my ass off to have some chump say "Yeah, we have dirty food, here's a 10% discount". And I sure as fuck do not feel I should have to "deal with it" living here in Canada. In Canada we have rules and regulations, as well as Competition. If I get shitty service or terrible food, I most certainly will not return, and dont you dare expect me to pay for it. That menu does not say "your order may contain dirt, flies, ass sweat, foot sweat, boogers, and other mystery substances not found on the Canada Food Guide", and I certainly will not eat at a place or pay for a meal that gives me otherwise.

I love pho...I have pho all the time, but yes I am white, and apparantly us "whities" are evil and fuck things over for all the asian restaurants, making them have to adhear to strict health guidelines? Pfft. Blow me...dont want to have a clean restaurant here, GTFO! I turn a blind eye to a lot of it, but if I can see the god damn filth...sayounara!!!

Case in point.

Bagolac over by Chinook. Fantastic place. Clean dining area, and Clean bathrooms. The food is a buck or 2 more expensive than the true nammer joints in The Lawn or down town, but hey, it's clean, tastes good, and they never screw my order up due to language inhibitions. I ate at Ho Lan once and vowed never again, what a disgusting place. Most of the ones in Edmonton are even worse IMO.

So in close. You dirt lovers can take a hike. I like clean, and I dont feel I should EVER have to justify that, living here.

Thank you... GTS Jeff your a fucking goof ball, how bout next time your in Calgary, I'll personally take you out for some pho or whatever... If there any flies, shit or piss in your food, I expect you to fucking eat it and pay full price for it when your done... Btw your a fucking idiot, only one in this thread aruging over something compleltly stupid... dumb ass...

finboy
12-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Story:

Case in point.

hell, even mcdonalds will give you a free meal if they fuck up your order, and thats gotta be the dirtiest food around.

DJ Lazy
12-10-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by finboy

hell, even mcdonalds will give you a free meal if they fuck up your order, and thats gotta be the dirtiest food around.

:rofl: :rofl:
No Kidding man... but its sooooo good.. Haven't tried Pho yet tho..

GTS Jeff
12-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Ben

let me reiterate that im in no way advocating a restaurants right to be dirty. all im saying is that a person shouldnt be completely surprised and wah-wah-wah when they notice their cheap pho is dirty.

Thank you... GTS Jeff your a fucking goof ball, how bout next time your in Calgary, I'll personally take you out for some pho or whatever... If there any flies, shit or piss in your food, I expect you to fucking eat it and pay full price for it when your done... Btw your a fucking idiot, only one in this thread aruging over something compleltly stupid... dumb ass...

whos the "fucking idiot" that cant read, cuz theyre a "compleltly stupid... dumb ass," you "fucking goof ball."

if i were ever caught in that situation, id probably drop my fork and leave...

haha and anyway, arent u supposed to pay if ure the one taking me out? cheapskate haha

ninjak84
12-10-2004, 03:40 AM

Holy calm the fuck down.
And since you're being an asshole about it, I'd like to point out that actually YOU are the only one getting argumentative in the thread. Jeffs just making you look like a moron.

lam-boy
12-13-2004, 12:12 PM

if you are personally taking him out, why is he paying? :rofl: I'm kidding.

130R
12-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Holy calm the fuck down.
And since you're being an asshole about it, I'd like to point out that actually YOU are the only one getting argumentative in the thread. Jeffs just making you look like a moron.

......not...really.....

VTEC_Junkie
12-13-2004, 06:27 PM
A place I was greatly impressed with was the cheesecaek cafe on Mcleod. I ordered some chicken dish and as soon as they bring it out to me, I started to eat it. About 2 minutes after, the manager comes over and says that the chicken piece I got was actually smaller than what it was supposed to be ( by like 2 oz. or soemthing) how was i supposed to know? They said they would just bring out another order of it (with the right size chicken), so that I can take it home free of charge... I was very impressed and will continue to dine there

Zero102
12-14-2004, 12:07 AM
^^

Wow, I've never seen a place do that!

Usually you have to complain. Although, I've eaten there 4 times in the past, and had a very good experience all 4 times.

craigcd
12-14-2004, 02:02 AM
Somebody should print this and leave it at Pho Kim LOL.:rofl:

cloud7
12-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Story:

Case in point.

Glad that someone brought their points across in a civilized manor whatever their point of view may be (a rare occurence in most web forums that I've been to).

It's amazing how much more receptive people are when they are not being called names (such as stupid idiot or fuckin immigrants). People have a natural tendency of tuning out what you have to say if you're being confrontational.

EDM
12-14-2004, 01:11 PM
absolutely disgusting...imagine finding a used fork in your pasta at any Boston Pizza...I can bet, that not only will you get the entire meal for free, but the manager would bend over backwards for you.

i found pieces of hair in my pizza from boston pizza :barf: I found 1 hair at first, it was okay, i took off that piece and moved on, then i found more. :barf: never going back to that place again.

any restaurent, no matter asian or what should be kept clean.

EDM
12-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Ben

DITTO!!!