PDA

View Full Version : Moving To Calgary

hexified
11-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Well looks like my web developer contract is ending with the government of canada this tuesday, so looks like ill be moving to calgary December 1st :D

Anyone have any ideas of what i can do for fun when i first get back into calgary? ie: Good bars? hangouts? etc...:dunno:

ZorroAMG
11-26-2004, 09:37 AM
If you like pubs, Ship and Anchor, Kilkenny, etc = good times

If you like martini bars and lounges, Mercury, Bungalow, Lucky, Mortal Coil, Blind Monk etc = good times

If you like nightclubs, mainstays like Whiskey, Cowboys, Roadhouse, then trendy ones like Mynt and maybe Tantra, kiddie bars like Tequila and Coyotes all= different types of good times

17th Ave SW has many hotspots (some I listed above)

Hope that helps...

hexified
11-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Hopefully i can find some people that want to go out on that weekend of Dec 3rd...:D

Johnny@CustomAuto
11-26-2004, 06:09 PM
If you're colored don't bother going clubbing. Other than that, Calgary's a great city! Welcome.

Chester
11-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Johnny@CustomAuto
If you're colored don't bother going clubbing. Other than that, Calgary's a great city! Welcome.
Nah thats not true man. I'm black and I have never been turned away from a club, not once. I was actually surpised when I read all those articles about clubs turning away different races.

ZorroAMG
11-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Johnny@CustomAuto
If you're colored AND A WANNABE THUG ASSHOLE don't bother going clubbing. Other than that, Calgary's a great city! Welcome.

Statement corrected :)