PDA

View Full Version : guyons

2000impreza
12-04-2002, 12:12 AM
i ordered a vortech 6:1 fmu from guyons... i hooked it up a few days ago. i noticed it was only raising 12psi of fuel from baseline of 50psi. i'm only running 4 psi of boost so 12 / 4 = 3 right? so that would mean i have a 3:1 fmu. i went to the vortech website and crossed referenced the part numbers. according to the part number on the package it says i have a 10:1 fmu... thats impossible. the package it came in was ripped up.... so it wouldn't surprise me if the fmu somehow got swapped. so i open the thing up to check out the disc size..... it appears to be the smallest size so it is indeed a 3:1.... i don't know what i should do at this point... take it back? or order a 6:1 recalibration kits($45)?....

jdmakkord
12-04-2002, 12:14 AM
take it back and swap it, they've been in business for years, and should have no problem fixing that for you

Fuji
12-04-2002, 12:29 AM
Complain!!!! They ordered you the wrong part and they took their freakin time doing it too!

Pacman
12-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Did you at least call up Guyon and explain the situation before you posted the ":thumbsdow Guyon" as the title of your post??

Every company makes mistakes, but slagging them before they have even had a chance to fix the problem is not cool. Good companies not only deliver the right products, but also take care of the customer when they have screwed up.

2000impreza
12-04-2002, 03:30 PM
i WILL go talk to them.... on monday but i'm willing to bet...... they won't do much of anything and i will probably have to order the recalibration kit in the end.

legendboy
12-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Ya, he also waited like 3-4 weeks to get a simple FMU in too from Guyon. I'd be a tad pissed also.