PDA

View Full Version : Networking Help

Barking_Spidre
11-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Hey,

Does anyone know a good website or anything to help me set up multiple comps to the internet? No matter what I've used its impossible. My computers internet (adsl) goes straight from the wall to an internal modem. The internal modem has no ethernet output on it. The routers that i have need all ethernet cords.

Any help?

If you need more info, maybe i can snap some pics of the stuff I've got.

PS. It's a wireless router that we're using.

blinkme_210
11-26-2004, 09:16 PM
You need to call your ISP, and tell them to register the MAC address of your router. As of right now, the IP address is tied to the MAC address of the one computer you were using before. That's why you can't connect more than one, except for the first computer you were using.

[EDIT] Sorry, I see your problem now after reading it over, you have an internal modem. Shouldn't there be an ethernet output inside the case or something?

xDiMSuMx
11-26-2004, 09:27 PM
get a new adsl modem?

or sign up with me for shaw cable haha
i'll give u a free modem!

Zero102
11-27-2004, 01:21 AM
Got 2 choices, since it's an internal modem, you could set up internet sharing, and install a networking card, the computer would act as a DHCP server, but it would always have to be on for the other comps to use the internet, OR, you could switch to an external modem, which could then plug straight into the adsl modem.

Sure there's other choices, but none this cheap/easy.