PDA

View Full Version : Bought An SRT-4

Pages : [1] 2

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Ok, so I finally decided to buy one of these...

And if you have been thinking about buying one of these, just a couple months ago they would have cost about $29,275 (with power sunroof, but not with the upgraded sound system. Plus you'd have to pay the GST. They reduced the 2004's to $28,088 (plus fees/taxes) a month or so ago - and then even further reduced them to $26,888.

But right now, you can get that same car for $24,795 plus fees and taxes. Basically a $4,000 rebate!!!!

If you've wanted an SRT-4 now is a good time to snap up one of the remaining 2004's. Can't beat the price...and the car is really the same as the 2005.

4doorj
11-28-2004, 01:36 AM
wow thats a awsome price!!!

nj2Type-S
11-28-2004, 01:59 AM
didn't the styling for the '05 srt-4's change?

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
didn't the styling for the '05 srt-4's change?

Nope.

The cars are identical. I couldn't even find 'minor' changes between the two as far as styling is concerned.

GoChris
11-28-2004, 10:50 AM
there is no changes between the 05 and 04 that you will notice. a couple changes include the removal of the battery temp sensor on the 05 and...i cant even think of another right now. they are basically identical.

girlRACER
11-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Damn man you should have let me know I could have gotten you a deal. BTW this is Redlyne

NickGT
11-28-2004, 10:58 AM
Congrats man, that's a smokin price by the sounds of it! :thumbsup:

What color are you going for?

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by rlde.us
there is no changes between the 05 and 04 that you will notice. a couple changes include the removal of the battery temp sensor on the 05 and...i cant even think of another right now. they are basically identical.

Yeah, I can't tell any difference visually. (On the exterior or interior) - never checked the engine bay.

Originally posted by girlRACER
Damn man you should have let me know I could have gotten you a deal. BTW this is Redlyne

I got a really good deal on this car. They bent over backwards to sell it to me - in that they were willing to negotiate a lot. Specifically with regards to the trade value of the car they get! That combined with the reduction in price on the car - it works out to be a very good deal for me. They gave me exactly what I needed to make the deal work. It took a while, but obviously they want to move the last of these cars...

Originally posted by NickGT
Congrats man, that's a smokin price by the sounds of it! :thumbsup:

What color are you going for?

Yeah, again I think the prices they have now are a bargain for that car.

Silver. It was between Silver and Black - and I've had enough of Black cars for now. So I'm going back to an old favourite - Silver!

hampstor
11-28-2004, 11:35 AM
I think in 05 they don't offer Electric Blue anymore. Instead they have that orange/copper colour.. if i'm wrong someone correct me plz :D

NickGT
11-28-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan

Yeah, again I think the prices they have now are a bargain for that car.

Silver. It was between Silver and Black - and I've had enough of Black cars for now. So I'm going back to an old favourite - Silver!

Sweet, it'll be alot easier to keep clean as opposed to the black and it'll still looks so nice. Good choice!

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
I think in 05 they don't offer Electric Blue anymore. Instead they have that orange/copper colour.. if i'm wrong someone correct me plz :D

That's pretty much right. Choices for the SRT-4 in 2005 are Black, Silver, Red & Orange. They call it Orange Blast Pearl Coat BTW.

You can't get Blue or Yellow in the 2005 SRT-4 model year.

Originally posted by NickGT

Sweet, it'll be alot easier to keep clean as opposed to the black and it'll still looks so nice. Good choice!

Easy to keep clean - that was the primary reason for getting Silver. (Other than that I really like Silver cars)

blueripper6
11-28-2004, 11:57 AM
What car did you trade in?

What do you think of the car so far? (power, handling, etc)

awd
11-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Wow man, that is CHEAP, nice buy.

turbo'dGSR
11-28-2004, 12:26 PM
Are you already itching to run more boost?

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
What car did you trade in?

What do you think of the car so far? (power, handling, etc)

I traded in my '02 Cavalier. I'm just replacing the daily driver with something that has potential and that is fun to drive. The Cavalier (while it served a purpose) is really not that exciting. I feel overly relaxed or maybe even bored when I drive the Cavalier. Might as well enjoy what you drive regularly, and that's just not happening for me with the Cavalier.

Basically what has really happened is that I discovered (quite by accident) that the smile on my face is directly proportional to the acceleration force of the car I am driving. :thumbsup:

The only disadvantage is that I'll actually care if something were to happen to the SRT-4...where with the Cavalier...not so much. LOL.

I don't have the car yet. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

But the car obviously has more than enough power right out of the box. The handling is pretty fair - IMO it needs improvement - but there are easy upgrades if you want it to stick better in the corners. Stopping is good, not sure it would hold up under track use. (Repetitive high speed stops). But it seemed to stop very quickly from 160km/H to 80km/H - once anyhow. It's not like the SRT-4 is the superstar of cars. But it'll be fun to drive as a daily driver. A lot more fun than a POS '02 Cavalier...

The other great thing is that the car can be modified very easily and very cheaply to increase the HP and torque output. This is also a reason it is attractive...

But don't worry, unless it really really really impresses me, I'm well aware it's still a Neon. :rofl:

GoChris
11-28-2004, 01:36 PM
dude, mine is silver also! nice choice. :thumbsup:

finboy
11-28-2004, 01:58 PM
congrats and welcome to the ghetto world of turbo dodges :thumbsup: :rofl:

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by turbo'dGSR
Are you already itching to run more boost?

Not really. Not yet anyhow. I'm going to have to 'modify' the SRT-4 very very very quietly. Elsewise, I'll be in big trouble from the wifee. :whipped:

But I'd be lying if I didn't already think about going right to Stage 2 with the Mopar kit w/toys. LOL. It's so cheap it's almost nuts not to do it. :nut:

dude, mine is silver also! nice choice. :thumbsup:

Yes, I like the silver. Looks pretty good - plus I've always liked how silver cars look with window tint.

Originally posted by finboy
congrats and welcome to the ghetto world of turbo dodges :thumbsup: :rofl:

Yes, Thank you. Now if I can just convince the family and friends not to :barf: because it's a Dodge. That will take some time I'm afraid. First I have to convince myself, then convincing others will be easier. I will put the SRT-4 through the paces and see how it really stacks up...

Boost Infested
11-28-2004, 02:32 PM
woot, another Nissan/Dodge guy! Hey the srt's are not getto.

GoChris
11-28-2004, 02:37 PM
how much is the stage 2 these days? i was hoping to get it in the spring. I think stage 1 is like $480 but I'll skip that, theres not a huge increase I dont think.

the only other thing I might get in the meantime is the mopar sts cause the stock throw is kinda long.

Boostn
11-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Congrats on the new car! I wonder how these cars are selling in general? I saw 6 new SRT-4's sitting on a dealer lot (the one at the Glenmore auto mall) last weekend. Not sure if they were 04/05's but I was under the impression they were in high demand and selling like hotcakes. :dunno: They seem like a pretty good deal for what you get. Aren't they supposed to be limited production also? I'm quite surprised, usually cars like this aren't discounted. For this price, I might even have to consider getting one... which dealer did you end up buying from btw?

GoChris
11-28-2004, 02:45 PM
ya the 04s are a steal with the double GST rebate which is like $3800! any dealer you can get that rebate from, IF you dont take their 0% financing option. but the rebate is worth more than the 0% so definately take the rebate.

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 04:19 PM
how much is the stage 2 these days? i was hoping to get it in the spring. I think stage 1 is like $480 but I'll skip that, theres not a huge increase I dont think.

the only other thing I might get in the meantime is the mopar sts cause the stock throw is kinda long.

I agree that Stage 1 is kind of a waste - depends on how you look at it. It's a waste if you plan to go to Stage 2 any time soon because the injectors that you just upgraded to are getting upgraded again!

If you want more info on Stage 2 Mopar Kits...

http://www.mopar.com/srt_stage_2.htm

Go to that link.

Originally posted by Boostn
Congrats on the new car! I wonder how these cars are selling in general? I saw 6 new SRT-4's sitting on a dealer lot (the one at the Glenmore auto mall) last weekend. Not sure if they were 04/05's but I was under the impression they were in high demand and selling like hotcakes. :dunno: They seem like a pretty good deal for what you get. Aren't they supposed to be limited production also? I'm quite surprised, usually cars like this aren't discounted. For this price, I might even have to consider getting one... which dealer did you end up buying from btw?

I bought the car from the one you're talking about. Basically it looked to me that they had three 04's left. Two silver and a Black. (Including the one in the Showroom which is Silver). The others that are sitting there (at least 3) are 05's.

ya the 04s are a steal with the double GST rebate which is like $3800! any dealer you can get that rebate from, IF you dont take their 0% financing option. but the rebate is worth more than the 0% so definately take the rebate.

The 0% financing option apparently expires Dec. 1st. So better snap that up if it is of interest to you. The double GST rebate is actually (I think) for many '04 models. It is a great deal IMO. So, yeah, if you have been seriously thinking about an SRT-4. Now is the time. They're not going to get any cheaper...at least, not likely.

GoChris
11-28-2004, 08:35 PM
well the 04+ models already have the stage 1 injectors, just stage 3 needs them. so stage 1 for us is just the PCM and thats it.

but im saving up for stage 2, skipping stage 1, i will probably get the toys because I want dial a boost for city driving to save on gas and get some better mileage with still being able to floor it.

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 09:17 PM
well the 04+ models already have the stage 1 injectors, just stage 3 needs them. so stage 1 for us is just the PCM and thats it.

but im saving up for stage 2, skipping stage 1, i will probably get the toys because I want dial a boost for city driving to save on gas and get some better mileage with still being able to floor it.

Oh Ok - I guess that's why they got more power over the '03's. (Not a big SRT-4 history buff LOL)

But yeah, I definitely think the Stage 2 w/toys is the only way to fly. At least for me because I'd definitely want the dial-a-boost and the ability to run high octane fuel at the touch of a button.

GoChris
11-28-2004, 10:07 PM

oops i meant just the 03's need the injectors.

ACX
11-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Stage 1 isn't a waste to me.. When I go with stage 3 I can sell my stage 1 pcm for like 250 bucks...
Leasing that kind of improvement for a year for 150 bucks ain't bad..

Z_Fan
11-28-2004, 11:18 PM
rlde.us

I knew what you meant...

Originally posted by ACX
Stage 1 isn't a waste to me.. When I go with stage 3 I can sell my stage 1 pcm for like 250 bucks...
Leasing that kind of improvement for a year for 150 bucks ain't bad..

Yeah, it just depends on the year of your car really. Like if you had a 2004 or 2005 it'd be OK to buy a used PCM that was for Stage 1.

But of course it won't work in any SRT-4 until it gets reprogrammed to have the correct VIN and SKIM code. So I guess the question is does Chrysler/Dodge charge to do that service? If so, anyone know how much? I dunno... :dunno:

But the other big thing is if you had a 2003, Stage 1 makes a lot more sense because the HP gain is more significant. But if you have a 2004 or 2005, the HP gain is only 10hp/10tq. So, big deal IMO. You basically just go straight to Stage 2 on the '04 or '05. Makes most sense to me...

Ek9Max
11-28-2004, 11:24 PM
Shoulda bought it from me Zfan. I could have saved you some cash homie.

Z_Fan
11-29-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
Shoulda bought it from me Zfan. I could have saved you some cash homie.

If I had only known. Thanks for the offer though, appreciate it.

Maybe next time!

ACX
11-29-2004, 01:20 AM
30+pound feet of tq at 4000rpms is plenty big if a deal to me lol.. It is a different car after that. I agree stage 2 is great, but you're looking at 2 grand..

I'm sure you've seen it before, but here are the gains I got from it. Reflash is maybe 50 bucks, however there are so many in the community, why a guy couldn't find a dude to do it for free or at least a few bucks ius beyond me.. I've not seen uber huge gains on the 2k3s more so than the 04s. :confused:

So anyways, for what will shake out to probably about the price of a CAI, I'm happy.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/234/stage_1_vs_ex.jpg

anyways congrats, enjoy! I assume you're hooked up for cheap SRT parts, if not let me know.:thumbsup:

GoChris
11-29-2004, 09:41 AM
:eek: I am not hooked up for cheap SRT-4 parts, hook ME up! :)

ya 30+ tq is not bad of a gain actually. how much gas does everyone else car guzzle, christ i think i've filled up 3 times in the past week! I was lucky to get over 200km on my last 3/4 tank.

ACX
11-29-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure what rules we have about referring guys to vendors. PM me with what you'd like.

My gas mileage has always been bad for several reasons:

I only use 94 blended juice.
I prefer the dial on boost not vaccuum..

:nut:

My car is put away for now though..:cry:

eclipseqt
11-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Good choice, styling is a bit neony but the speed makes up for all that! :D

Z_Fan
11-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ACX
30+pound feet of tq at 4000rpms is plenty big if a deal to me lol.. It is a different car after that. I agree stage 2 is great, but you're looking at 2 grand..
anyways congrats, enjoy! I assume you're hooked up for cheap SRT parts, if not let me know.:thumbsup:

I think the primary reason you see bigger gains on the '03 is simply because they had less HP than the 04's & 05's because these cars already have the injector upgrade.

Maybe something else is going on too...

No real source of cheap parts yet. But I've got people sending me PM's about it already!! That's nutz!

Originally posted by eclipseqt
Good choice, styling is a bit neony but the speed makes up for all that! :D

Well, I guess we'll see if the I can get over the styling or not. It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out in a year or two. Whether I actually get to like this car...or not...but I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

Going to get the car in a couple hours.

I think I'm more excited about getting rid of the Cavalier than picking up the new car. But hey, still makes me a happy camper!

GoChris
11-29-2004, 01:05 PM
I am sure you will like it. I dont like the look of neons either, but the srt4 looks a bit better, maybe get some eyelids to get rid of the bug eye headlight look. that should help a bit.

the seats in these cars are very comfortable, I love em. (i havent sat in the back yet tho).

Z_Fan
11-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Well, the car is here now! We've got it!

I'm looking forward to actually having a CD player. So I've gotta go get 6 CD's now to fill this damn thing. The Cavalier was AM/FM radio only. LOL.

I like the seats in the car. But if you were a little shorter, it'd suck really badly I think. I imagine people who are 5'2 (ish) must have a bitch of a time in this car. (Seat hitting arms, etc.)

So, only put 11KM on it - (Just to get it home) - but I'll be taking it out later tonight to put some clicks on it.

On a side note, the Salesperson who helped us with this purchase was absolutely fantastic. He went above and beyond in making sure we were very happy with what was going on. He was willing to spend hours going back and forth in negotiating prices, etc. Very patient, very thorough. If you are seriously interested in buying a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep product, shoot me a PM and I will pass you his information. I've bought a lot of cars in the last few years (go figure) and it is hard to find good, honest sales people...

Ek9Max
11-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Or you can buy it from me! I've been a beyond member for 3+ years now, and I will give you cost. Also wholesales on any parts you would need.

Boostn
11-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
Or you can buy it from me! I've been a beyond member for 3+ years now, and I will give you cost. Also wholesales on any parts you would need.

What would cost be on a 04 SRT w/ no sunroof? Could you get one for $25K cash (or less), all taxes in? Which dealer do you work for?

Z_Fan
11-29-2004, 11:57 PM
I don't think you'll get it for $25K cash with taxes in. But I think you're pretty close! The problem is that even when they sell the car to you for cash, you have to pay GST on the pre-rebate price. So while the car may work out to be $25K, you have to pay GST on whatever the price is before the rebate. In most cases, the rebate is nearly $4K right now - so you have an extra $280 in GST to annoy you. You might very wind up with a ticket price of close to or over $29K before rebates.

I know that you can get the full load one right now for $24,795 CASH. (Plus taxes, warranty, etc)

BTW -> We originally had wanted the one with no sunroof and no kicker sound system. (And that is what we paid for and had a bill of sale for) -> but what we wound up with had the sunroof and the sound system upgrade. (Oh darn!) And we had to get all the paperwork done over. LOL. The one that they wanted to sell us had a couple marks on it - and we just weren't in to that so much.

When I got the SRT-04 home, I needed perspective. So I took the Z out for a spin. I :love: my Z.

Adrenaline Rush
11-30-2004, 02:02 AM
How bout Stage 3? :drool:

http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage3.htm

Z_Fan
11-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Adrenaline Rush

Yes yes, it's all very nice. But I have to decide if I want to void the warranty. Plus I'm not certain what the price is - as they don't post it yet.

But yeah, I'll have to at least drive it through Winter before the wifee is going to even think about letting me mod this car. The Z cost a small fortune to mod - and in comparision, this car is very very very very cheap to mod. So I figure it's a no brainer - she sees it as more money out the window. (True)

Soon enough...soon enough...

Redlyne_mr2
11-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Adrenaline Rush

A guy I work with ordered that Kit. Its awesome, 340 bolt on whp. I think retail is around 5K.

Aleks
11-30-2004, 10:31 AM

Yes yes, it's all very nice. But I have to decide if I want to void the warranty. Plus I'm not certain what the price is - as they don't post it yet.

Congrats! I went and drove one at the automall. A silver one with 65 kms on it. I'd be very intrested to hear your thoughts on the car as the time passes...how it is on gas, your overall satisfaction and such. I keep going back and forth on the car. Can't quite decide if it would be something I would get as a next project...

GoChris
11-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

A guy I work with ordered that Kit. Its awesome, 340 bolt on whp. I think retail is around 5K.

that sounds about right. they seem to be going for around $3400-$3600 USD

ACX
11-30-2004, 10:42 AM
IN Canada I've seen stage 3r advertised at a discount dealer and sponsor of SRTforums for:

5199.95 + Tax for the kit with toys
4599.95 + Tax for the kit without toys

In alberta there is a guy who should be able to get it cheaper yet.

You will likely be able to get it for less out of the US as:

-1 our dollar is strong
-2 Mopar seems to screw with pricing when things come to Canada.

For example Mopar supercentre in the US sells the stage 3r for 3599.99 which would break out to about 4300 plus tax and shipping. Of course you run a risk of getting bent over at the border, but that is that. Not a bad deal for a tuned turbo swap.

I'll have to talk to this guy as for warranty as I'm leaning towards it. I don't see it as being an issue. The parts themselves have no warranty of course.

GoChris
11-30-2004, 10:44 AM
I need to find a good service manager in town that is reasonable when it comes to warranties for the upgrades. if any of you srt-4 guys can help me out that would be great.

Z_Fan
11-30-2004, 10:47 AM
I wonder why kind of pricing we could get if we ALL went to Stage 3. And had you know, 4 orders at least. You think it would make a difference?

$5K is still a good price IMO for the power improvement you are getting. Totally worth it.

Aleks -> I'll keep you posted one way or another. Probably in a thread of some kind...

ACX
11-30-2004, 10:55 AM
I can get in touch with 2 guys concerning group buys. We may be out of luck as literally the normal scenario is like cost plus a few percent..

:dunno:

EDIT: guys do yourself a favour and fab up a catch can. Need any help let me know. It's a must.

Z_Fan
11-30-2004, 05:38 PM
ACX -> I have a quick question for you. Did you ever dyno your car with 'no mods' - as in do you have a baseline at all? Or is your baseline the "exhaust.drf" on the dyno sheet you posted? Lemme know! Thanks!

CRXguy
11-30-2004, 05:53 PM
i kinda want an srt-4 now. :D

ACX
11-30-2004, 07:19 PM
ACX -> I have a quick question for you. Did you ever dyno your car with 'no mods' - as in do you have a baseline at all? Or is your baseline the "exhaust.drf" on the dyno sheet you posted? Lemme know! Thanks!

Yeah yeah... here is baseline (234/260) versus stage 1. Exhaust didn't do a whole hell of a lot because:

The PCM will compensate for the increased airflow & the catback isn't THAT bad..
I did see average gains from it though..

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/234/basevs1.jpg

GoChris
12-01-2004, 08:34 AM
very nice.

I was going to get a catch can yup, in fact i should have gotten one by now. whats recommended, I read the $20 catch cans have been proven not to be good. so maybe a greddy?

but i have the stock air box and it seems a bit tight for mounting, if it will fit i will go pick one up, but maybe someone wants to help me put it in? :)

ACX
12-01-2004, 09:23 AM
very nice.

I was going to get a catch can yup, in fact i should have gotten one by now. whats recommended, I read the $20 catch cans have been proven not to be good. so maybe a greddy?

but i have the stock air box and it seems a bit tight for mounting, if it will fit i will go pick one up, but maybe someone wants to help me put it in? :)

I can help you fab it up. It took me 15 minutse to put mine in. I got the setup which costs about 50 canadian and it as not done me wrong in over a year.

I mounted in the front passenger side.

GoChris
12-01-2004, 11:00 AM
which parts did you use? whats your setup. I got paid yesterday so I might have a few bucks to get this now.

ACX
12-01-2004, 11:15 AM
THis is a good Reference. Wannago is a calgary guy (that post is a year old).

I used a campbell hausfield part instead of the coleman one.

If you need a hand let me know.. I'll pm you my cell phone numero..

:thumbsup:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20160

Z_Fan
12-01-2004, 03:32 PM
I was wondering about your baseline because I went and got one done. The car wasn't even 24 hours old (for me) and I took it pretty much straight to the dyno. :D

238.1 whp and 261.3 wtq. Bone stock.

I also did some tests for the sake of curiousity. Running the car (on a closed course for safety reasons :dunno: ) from 100km/H to 160km/H. The SRT-4 does this in a best time of 8.09 seconds. It also did it the second time in 9.24 seconds. So you can see on average it's about 8.5 seconds from 100km/H to 160km/H. Where you shift is very critical. I suspect with some serious testing and understanding precisely where to shift, you could get it to dip into the high 7 second range. (Like 7.8 or 7.9)

I'd love to know what a Stage 2 SRT-4 pulls this test off at. So if anyone has a Stage 2 and a video camera - record it and mark the in and outs by frame, and verify the time. Post it up if you've ever done this...

I'd be very curious to see what kind of times a Stage 2 w/toys pulls in this test.

Noticed that Stage 2 w/toys is just barely over $2k CDN from that Eastwood dealer in Winnipeg. Anyone know what it costs to have it installed???

Aleks
12-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Do you have any pics yet? Also what about proper break in. I thought you had to take it easy for a set number of km on a new car?

gpomp
12-01-2004, 03:45 PM
since the warranty is gonna be voided anyway, why not get the atp kit?

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release051404.htm

Z_Fan
12-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Do you have any pics yet? Also what about proper break in. I thought you had to take it easy for a set number of km on a new car?

Well, how about I go out and take some pics. I'll post them up shortly...but hey, it looks just like every other silver SRT-4 made. Bawhwha.

As for break-in. Meh. Putting it on the dyno and running two pulls in third gear is less to worry about than the drive it had on the way home. :D But I guess after everything is broken in properly, it might put down 1hp more. :dunno:

Originally posted by gpomp
since the warranty is gonna be voided anyway, why not get the atp kit?

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release051404.htm

Well, this is a source of confusion for me. I thought that going to Stage 2 with Mopar parts - they would warranty the vehicle? What's the scoop then...? I thought only stage 3 voided the warranty??

GoChris
12-01-2004, 04:46 PM
I think it depends on the dealership. I have heard that if something specific to the stage 2 upgrade is what caused the "problem" then it might not be warrantied.

but on the other hand I have heard from others that they will warranty it, but maybe not the stage 2 parts themselves. so...i dunno.

I was just talking with someone at the dealership today and I think he said he would warranty my stage 2 when I get it, but my conversation was short so I will have to go back and finish it with him to find out.

the consensus on stage 3 however is that it will void warranty.

Z_Fan
12-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Ok, here's a pic of my SRT-4.

Z_Fan
12-01-2004, 05:10 PM
A pic from the front of the car...

ACX
12-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Most reasonable dealers should honor warranty with stage 2, and for that matter stage 3.

The dealer I spoke to you about in alberta can get you stage 2 a bit cheaper. The one stage 2 with toys car I know of in Alberta, I think they did the install in like 6 or 7 hours, with some fiddling around. With the 100 octane switch activated, you're looking at 27X/31X to the wheels or thereabouts.

I deal with phil in Edson as well as Kelly at Eastwood. both fine guys, both more than capable of taking up warranty issues.

p.s. good dyno numbers. They see slightly higher numbers in third, but only slightly, congrats, that thing is healthy..

:love: :clap:

Z_Fan
12-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Oh yeah, I also weighed the car and it weighed 2,904 lbs with 1/4 tank of fuel in it. So we're close to 3,100 lbs with driver...

voodoo
12-01-2004, 05:28 PM
here are a couple of pics of my SRT-4

i made 239hp and 256tq stock with exhaust
and 239hp and 271tq with stage 1 but the computer was pulling the timing on 91 octane.

i also plan on picking up stage 3 in the spring.

http://www.clearlinegraphics.com/srts-admin/pictures/100_0033.JPG
http://www.clearlinegraphics.com/srts-admin/pictures/100_0034.JPG

GoChris
12-02-2004, 09:15 AM
hey do you drive down elbow alow by the esso at britania? my buddies there say they see you alot and love the sound of your car. and i've seen you on 58th ave before.

nice srt-4 :thumbsup:

voodoo
12-02-2004, 09:40 AM
yeh i drive down elbow every day to work.

you should sign up on the SRTforums.com if you havnt already done so

GoChris
12-02-2004, 10:33 AM
I have signed up there yup, i've learned alot from there.

ACX
12-02-2004, 11:34 AM
you gotta watch that site though.. :rofl: For every informed guy there are 5 retards though.. :drama: :D

Phuqu
12-02-2004, 12:14 PM
And I'm one of the retards that hangs out there.

JDM forever!

JCX
12-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Phuqu
And I'm one of the retards that hangs out there.

JDM forever!

Hey Phuqy, we gotta get together. I wanna check out your new whip. :whocares:

Z_Fan
12-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by ACX
you gotta watch that site though.. :rofl: For every informed guy there are 5 retards though..

:werd:

But this is different from beyond.ca how? Or for that matter, any Internet site offering free access to the public opinion?

:D :dunno:

ade99
12-02-2004, 02:02 PM
where do you guys dyno your car? i want to see what mine puts out with the s2 kit.

voodoo
12-02-2004, 02:25 PM
i went to apex in edmonton, as did ACX

GoChris
12-02-2004, 03:09 PM
I would dyno my car...if it was cheap cause I would like to know its good. It had 300km on it when they delivered it, I wasn't too happy about that but, it was supposedly one of the last in alberta with the options I wanted so what else was I to do.

Or I should go for a ride with one of you stage 0 guys to make sure mine pulls as hard :)

voodoo
12-02-2004, 03:35 PM
well i dont got stage 0, but apex in edmonton has pretty good rates.

ACX
12-02-2004, 03:46 PM

:werd:

But this is different from beyond.ca how? Or for that matter, any Internet site offering free access to the public opinion?

:D :dunno:

I agree totally.. :rofl: I knew someone was gonna call me on that.

Ride.us.. I'll have to check the forecast and see maybe I'll bring the Stage 1 baby dick mobile out and see how it stacks up with yours.:zzz:

p.s. Phuqu, yeah, we need to talk about some shizzle.

voodoo
12-02-2004, 03:56 PM
eh i can give him a "go" mines still on the roads.

Z_Fan
12-02-2004, 04:14 PM
I had my SRT-4 dyno'd at Davenport Motorsports. Give them a call to check on their dyno rates. 274-7271.

Good guys there. :thumbsup:

paulsaddress5
12-02-2004, 08:49 PM
How much does a dyno run for out there in Calgary

paulsaddress5
12-02-2004, 08:49 PM
whoops u get what i mean

GT2NV
12-02-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoo
here are a couple of pics of my SRT-4

i made 239hp and 256tq stock with exhaust
and 239hp and 271tq with stage 1 but the computer was pulling the timing on 91 octane.

i also plan on picking up stage 3 in the spring.

http://www.clearlinegraphics.com/srts-admin/pictures/100_0033.JPG
http://www.clearlinegraphics.com/srts-admin/pictures/100_0034.JPG
those eyebrows look soooo good:thumbsup:

Fuji
12-02-2004, 09:07 PM
thats not bad! I am gonna check this out next week and see if I can get one as my winter car/daily driver

Z_Fan
12-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by paulsaddress5
How much does a dyno run for out there in Calgary

Depends on what you do - how much time you take, whether you want wideband O2 hooked up, etc. But expect at least $100/hr of time on the dyno...best thing to do is phone and get a price!

Originally posted by Fuji
thats not bad! I am gonna check this out next week and see if I can get one as my winter car/daily driver

I think the double the GST thing is on until the end of the year. It's a great deal if you can hook yourself up with one of the remaining 04's.

voodoo
12-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by black94gt

those eyebrows look soooo good:thumbsup:

thanks, i think they make a HUGE difference with the car

Boost Infested
12-02-2004, 09:57 PM
ricer brows.....lol.. i was beside u Voodoo once on Macleod. :D

Z_Fan
12-03-2004, 12:01 PM
So, now that I have this car - I am wondering what kind of Winter Tire / Wheel solutions SRT-4 owners have gone with. I figure the stock rotors and calipers are a little too big to just put small steel wheels on...

So are you going to 16" Alloy that are a little narrower? Or are you guys just putting Winter Rubber on the Stock Rims???

I was going to just put Winter Rubber on because I don't like the stock rims anyhow...or at least not much - and then next year buy bigger wheels w/new rubber. Only problem is that basically wastes a very good set of rubber that comes with the car.

Suggestions?

GoChris
12-03-2004, 12:30 PM
I grabbed some 16" steelies (about $50 each) and then some 205/55 graspic winters.

total cost was about $780 including install.

Z_Fan
12-03-2004, 02:04 PM
I grabbed some 16" steelies (about $50 each) and then some 205/55 graspic winters.

total cost was about $780 including install.

So where did you get your steel wheels from?

OR where did you get the 'package' (wheels/tires) from?

Thanks!

canadiandaytona
12-03-2004, 02:44 PM

I was going to just put Winter Rubber on because I don't like the stock rims anyhow...or at least not much - and then next year buy bigger wheels w/new rubber. Only problem is that basically wastes a very good set of rubber that comes with the car.

Suggestions?

Sell me the stock rims an Tires Dirt Cheap..Then they won't be wasted:D

GoChris
12-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Z_Fan, check pm.

ACX
12-03-2004, 03:34 PM
15 inch v-dub steelies an PT cruiser steelies work too as I recall. THey don't have caliper issues..

dcoultis
12-03-2004, 03:42 PM
my buddy is running 15 inch Z24 steelies on his 04 srt4 for winter rims:thumbsup:

GoChris
12-03-2004, 03:44 PM
ya there are some 15s that fit...i went with a 16 cause dropping from a 17 to a 15 just seemed a bit much. I didnt want to sacrifice too much ride or handling. 16s arent much more than 15s anyway for rims or rubber.

GoChris
12-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Hey guys, does your srt-4 kinda have a rough idle? I mean it feels like little bumps at idle, shakes you a tiny bit in the seat, not as smooth definately as my civic, i couldnt even feel that idle at all.

so im wondering if its normal.

1badPT
12-08-2004, 12:35 PM
The 2.4L engine has a long stroke which means it will idle rougher than a short stroke engine like you'll find in a civic. Just think the pistons are travelling a longer distance and then changing direction - and they are bigger than the pistons in your civic, so you'll feel it a lot more. The engine has balance shafts to counteract the effect, but it doesn't eliminate it completely.

Put it this way, if you were to swing around a bag full of styrofoam on a short piece of string, you'd probably be barely aware that its there. If you were to swing a bag of sand around on a piece of string that was twice as long, you'd really feel it. Same idea.

GoChris
12-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Arg, did anyone else get a block heater with their srt-4? it is suppose to be standard equip on all dodges. but they say thet dont have a part #.

but the pt cruiser gt has one so....i dont see why it wouldnt be the same?

ACX
12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Arg, did anyone else get a block heater with their srt-4? it is suppose to be standard equip on all dodges. but they say thet dont have a part #.

but the pt cruiser gt has one so....i dont see why it wouldnt be the same?

they don't come factory with it. Check over on SRTforums, guys have had them put in (the PT cruiser one works). Find a dealer who has done one and it's a quick job.

GoChris
12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
so...not covered under warranty as in something that is standard equipment?