PDA

View Full Version : I got into an accident. .. can my car be fixed ???

Nemetron
11-28-2004, 01:04 PM
okay ...
I got into a pretty bad accident downtown the other day ... it was a stupid mistake .. anyways .. my car got hit on the drivers side by a 2003 lincoln navigator. . I have a 1995 camry ...

heres wat happened .. the accident is my fault .. and I don't have comprehensive insurance ...

the lincoln suffered pretty much no damage at all ... it just broke a head light. . however my camry is pretty bad. ..

the lady hit me rite in between the two doors on the driver side. .. the pillar in between the two doors has gotten bent inwards ... and the two doors are trashed ... but nothin else is wrong with the car. .. the roof is fine and the underneath chasis has also not suffered any damage .. I haven't been to any body shops. .. but my friends tell me its gonna be pretty hard to fix that pillar. ...

the doors I can get .. all I need are frames .. cause all the electronics in the doors still work ... my whole problem is that pillar. ..

I'm a newb at cars. .. don't know much ... but I'm in pretty bad shape cause I didn't have comprehensive insurance on the car. ...

also can someone tell me how much insurance will go up by from this ????

thank you..

dieselpower91
11-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Nemetron

I'm a newb at cars. .. don't know much ... but I'm in pretty bad shape cause I didn't have comprehensive insurance on the car. ...

also can someone tell me how much insurance will go up by from this ????

thank you..

It's anyones guess to see how high your insurance will go.

It sounds like it could be fixed, they can do amazing stuff these days. But depending on what the car is worth it mayb not be worth it. It will be expensive.

Get some pics of it and post them up here, and maybe take the pics to an autobody shop and they should be able to tell you.

Nemetron
11-28-2004, 01:17 PM
I can drive the car .... I drove the car from the accident scene ...
everything in the car is fine ... it was not a huge impact .. but it was enough to destroy my doors and bend that pillar. ..

I can drive it to a body shop ... anyone recommend some place thats good this type of work ?

ninspeed
11-28-2004, 01:19 PM
depending on how far your b pillar is pushed in, and providing there is no roof/undercarriage dammage that you can not see it can usually be pulled out but i would be looking around 6-9hrs for that alone if its not bad. and just a headlight on a lincon... not cheep... atleast 700$

Nemetron
11-28-2004, 03:27 PM
its pushed in almost till the seat. ... I cannot see any roof or undercarriage damage. ..

FiveFreshFish
11-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Are you going to pay for the lady's headlight out of your own pocket? This might be the best thing to do because if your insurance company doesn't pay out anything, then your rates shouldn't go up.

Can you post a pic of the damage to your car?

Weapon_R
11-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Unless your car has been turned into an unrecognizable piece of metal, it can almost always be fixed.

There's a handful of guys in Calgary that will fix ANYTHING. Seriously, there is one car in calgary that has been repaired and I still cannot believe it. It was hit on one side, and the impact was so bad, that the drivers door was pushed so far towards the passenger side, that the drivers door was resting against the passenger's seat. That's how badly hit it was, and sadly, it's on Calgary's roads today.

ninspeed
11-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Unless your car has been turned into an unrecognizable piece of metal, it can almost always be fixed.

There's a handful of guys in Calgary that will fix ANYTHING. Seriously, there is one car in calgary that has been repaired and I still cannot believe it. It was hit on one side, and the impact was so bad, that the drivers door was pushed so far towards the passenger side, that the drivers door was resting against the passenger's seat. That's how badly hit it was, and sadly, it's on Calgary's roads today.
sadly? Had a 03 GTP like that... fixed it, had a 03 venture that got tboned on the right side behind c pillar, fixed... just have really high repair bills (20k or so... but the people have white card insurance, so the repair is authroized to replacement value of the car)

Seanith
11-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Nemetron
all I need are frames .. cause all the electronics in the doors still work ... my whole problem is that pillar. ..

You can't exactly just get "new frames". Depending on how bad that B pillar is, they should be able to somehow bend it back. Doesn't sound like its going to be cheap though.

ninspeed
11-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

You can't exactly just get "new frames". Depending on how bad that B pillar is, they should be able to somehow bend it back. Doesn't sound like its going to be cheap though.
Yes you can get a frame kit.. from a pillar back usually... then you can just cut what you need from it, or find used

Seanith
11-28-2004, 10:46 PM
oh i see

Fire_chickin
11-29-2004, 06:19 PM
That can totally be fixed but the price tag is gonna be ugly. I was in a 2001 4-door sunfire that got hit exactly the same way with the same damage only it peeled the rockers right up into the car. They fixed it but it cost about 7g's. The car was only a year old at the time so I guess tha's why they bothered. For a 95 Camry I think I would just cut my losses. It's going to be expensive enough to pay for the repair on the Lincoln.

I_M_Insane
11-30-2004, 05:27 PM
With these new insurance rates just coming in your rates shouldn't go to high, assuming you've been a good driver the rest of the time. Your rates will proly go up no matter what if your insurance company finds you at fault, and there is a good chance they will have to pay out anyways, even if you pay the damage out of pocket, since the other person will proly sue for injuries.

Weapon_R
11-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed

sadly? Had a 03 GTP like that... fixed it, had a 03 venture that got tboned on the right side behind c pillar, fixed... just have really high repair bills (20k or so... but the people have white card insurance, so the repair is authroized to replacement value of the car)

I say sadly because I don't think that a car that badly damaged will ever be structurally as strong as it used to be, and I don't think they should be on the roads at all.