PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Projectors.....

^SkylinE^
11-29-2004, 12:53 AM
THe mounts on my stock headlights are broken. Im looking into getting new ones. I like the look of these TYC one piece projects. The problem is i need to know if there good quality. I do ALOT of country night time driveing to and from my new job. The light output and beam must be of high quality. Also how is the fitment of these lights? its says on EBay that they use H1 bulbs? Are they hard to get? If anyone has experiance with these please let me know! i need to get new lights. Should i stick with stock?

Are there any other projectors out there that would be what im looking for?
THANKS!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=7937846132&rd=1

EK 2.0
11-29-2004, 01:16 AM
IIRC H1 bulbs are the same buld in the Last Gen of Lude's...

and as for as lighting goes...TYC does make aftermarket OEM Replacement housings for many popular/common applications...so I am under the assumption that these would be no different...

these housings with an HID Kit would be amazing...IMHO

^SkylinE^
11-29-2004, 01:39 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^Is the cut off of the light decent enought to put HID's in because i would consider it?

EK 2.0
11-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
^^^^^^^^^^^Is the cut off of the light decent enought to put HID's in because i would consider it?

I honestly do not see why not...I mean HID's have been put into many applications...with a few modifications...but without actually looking at the housings first hand its hard to say...but HI's in a projector set up vs. a full housing...much cleaner looking...

FiveFreshFish
11-29-2004, 03:55 AM
H1 bulbs are cheap and easy to find. You can get them in higher wattages, and even in HID (D2S rebased to H1).

bspot
11-29-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

I honestly do not see why not...I mean HID's have been put into many applications...with a few modifications...but without actually looking at the housings first hand its hard to say...but HI's in a projector set up vs. a full housing...much cleaner looking...

HID projectors are alot different than halogen projectors. Usuing rebased H1 bulbs would be your best bet though, because that would come closer to having the proper focal length in your system.

Its pretty much hit and miss with halogen projectors and HID kits. Try doing a search to see if anyone else has used HID's with those headlights and see what their results were like. I think someone on here mentioned the projectors in Integra's threw terrible glare with HID.

Oh, and you won't get the nice/blue purple flicker either.

Chester
11-29-2004, 11:48 AM
I've heard that aftermarket headlights that come with projectors are usually shitty quality projectors. There are usually hotspots all over. Some people just swap the projectors for high quality HID ones.

BumpinTalon
11-29-2004, 01:09 PM
http://www.hidforum.com imo... I'd get those projectors and then just use the regular bulbs. if you ever feel like going HID, then you could put in real projectors instead of the cheap ones :)

^SkylinE^
11-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Any body have more info?:dunno:

lowryder99
11-29-2004, 02:32 PM
TYC is good stuff man, they don't make crap like APC.

I have never experienced a fit problem with TYC and I use their products A LOT, everything from headlights/taillights/park lamps etc...

And with their compliance card you won't get hassled by the po-po PLUS you get a sheet showing that the tyc lamps passed all the requied "luminance/ light output" tests. I am unaware of any other lamp manufacturer who does this.

Get em:D

civicsi
11-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Tyc is generally better quality then most of the aftermarket stuff out there....... but still the quality of the projectors are very poor. the light output is very little, and if you put a re based H1 hid bulb in there it will not have a very good cutoff, and will have hot spots.
if you buy these lights and replace the projector with a real hid type projector(d2s) then they will work fine.

^SkylinE^
11-29-2004, 02:50 PM
SO how do i replace the projector? Do i buy a new lens or what? Im not sure i understand?

bspot
11-29-2004, 02:51 PM
well, you talk to someone who has an extra set of BMW projectors (like my) and put them in the housing.

civicsi
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
here all the info you need to do a retrofit is coverd in honda tech, very good write ups with lots of pics.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=683685

^SkylinE^
11-29-2004, 02:58 PM
Bspot you have an extra set? how much?

benyl
11-29-2004, 03:08 PM
I have a set of Audi A6 Euro spec projectors with bulbs and ballasts if you like.

$200 for it all.

^SkylinE^
11-29-2004, 03:19 PM
I have to wait to see my pay checks in the next couple days. Im workin on a paint job as we speak too but i will definatly keep you in mind benyl!! If only money grew on trees!:banghead: :whipped:

finboy
11-29-2004, 10:00 PM
man, i like those headlights :thumbsup:

bspot
11-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I have a set of Audi A6 Euro spec projectors with bulbs and ballasts if you like.

$200 for it all.

That is freaking cheap!! ryder_23 scammed me for that much for just the projectors :tongue:

jtsimaras
12-03-2004, 11:18 AM

$200 for it all.

Are these still 4 sale---are they in calgary?

phantom
12-03-2004, 11:30 AM
I'll take them. pm'ed you back.

bspot
12-03-2004, 02:20 PM
BMW projectors I bought for $115 US.

Anyone wants them, make an offer. They are the closest to Eurospec projectors that were ever sold in NA.

jtsimaras
12-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bspot
BMW projectors I bought for $115 US.

Anyone wants them, make an offer. They are the closest to Eurospec projectors that were ever sold in NA.

Are these hid bi-xenon projector---how much do you want for them? can you post a pic

bspot
12-04-2004, 01:25 AM
They are not bi xenon, retrofitting bi xenons is bloody hard.

As for price, I'd love to get my $115 US back since I never took them out of the box except to look at them, and I paid shipping ontop of that, but I'd let them go for a little less to someone locally because it saves me the hassle.

Here are pictures:

bspot
12-04-2004, 01:26 AM
Bulb holders are still brand new and in packaging

jtsimaras
12-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by bspot
Bulb holders are still brand new and in packaging

They are for hid application right?

benyl
12-04-2004, 11:44 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68594

I did some research and my price was way too cheap...

$250

jtsimaras
12-04-2004, 11:50 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68594

I did some research and my price was way too cheap...

$250

Why are you selling? Everyting woks right.

benyl
12-04-2004, 12:44 PM
yes everything works.... but it is sold.

I am selling because I was going to retrofit my accord.

I bought a different car instead.