PDA

View Full Version : 18's or 20's

phat97yukon
11-29-2004, 02:59 AM
Hey i was wondering if anyone here, has or knows of a place i can get some nice aftermarket 18's or 20's for my yukon for a good deal, or even if someone has any idea how much i would be payin for a set with rubber on em.. :thumbsup:

George_Reyes
12-04-2004, 05:00 PM
how many lug is a yukon??

BMDUBS
12-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Go see Shane Ray at Tire Craft Macleod (243-4488). Best guys in town. Also a word of advice, as far as im concerned, get the biggest you can afford or you will regret it in the long run!

benyl
12-04-2004, 06:11 PM
You are looking at $3000+ with rubber.

20s are up to 3 times heavier if you buy cheap wheels. So your mileage might be affected and your stopping distance.

Also, tires in that size for SUVs are much more expensive.

phat97yukon
12-06-2004, 07:04 PM
the biggest im wantin to go is 20's i know a few ppl with em and they have said the braking and milage isnt too much worse.. but i will check out tirecraft and see what kinda pricing the do :thumbsup:

method
12-06-2004, 08:10 PM
mileage is going to be a bit worse, speedo/odo can be affected, and you will pay out the ASS for tires.

still, they can look great if done right.

Kona9
12-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Wouldn't worry about mileage being out or stopping distances with 20's. I put 22's on an H2 and he sais there is really not much of a difference. If you are curious enough and want to know the exact difference call Mr Speedometer and they will help you. If you need a new gear for your odometer. I dont believe they are that expensive. (atleast mine wasnt) If it was that big of a deal than why would dealerships be putting them on their vehicles as an upgrade? Get the 20's to be honest. NOt just because they are bigger, but it will look better in the wheel well that GM full sizes give you for that truck, and as stated above you will regret it later. PM me and I will give you a local number of a friend who sells wheel packages to local dealers. I imagine his pricing is possibly better than any tire store in town. Good luck!!

JAYMEZ
12-06-2004, 09:32 PM
^^ Yah but wouldnt a H2 have a better breaking system than a Yukon?

calgarys13
12-06-2004, 09:40 PM
arn't they one and the same?

Moe Man
12-06-2004, 09:48 PM
18s will look stupid..... go with 20s but the tires will cost you big time almost as much as the rims

check out kal tire they can get you any kind of rims you want from FOOSE to core racing

pm me what brand and kind of rims and i will tell you if it fits and probally give you a quote on it

Kona9
12-06-2004, 10:08 PM
An H2 is a suburban with a hunk of lego with windows glued to the frame. Yes it is the same. The brakes are not much different as far as I remember.

ondubs
12-06-2004, 10:29 PM
I just bought rims for my denali this past spring. I went with Epic 22's and Kumho Tires. I really like my rims but now I'm thinking I should have went with 24's. I haven't dropped my truck so there is still a fair bit of wheel well showing. I've seen yukons on 20's with a 6inch drop and they look great. I suppose it depends on what you want. My advise, buy yourself a set of 20's or bigger if you can afford it. I can't wait until the summer when I can put mine back on, my stock 16's look brutal.

It will change your truck like you wont believe.

best of luck with whatever you decide.