PDA

View Full Version : God this can't be good....

ex1z7
11-29-2004, 06:49 AM
I figure knowing what happened would give people a clearer indication of my predicament. I was drunk and got egged on to do some tricks on my skateboard - I tried to do a typically hard trick and landed awkwardly, my board slipped out from under me and I landed on my ass. Normally it'd be okay - but I didn't hit ass first, I hit wrist first, left wrist specifically. I've had problems with my wrist before, broke it once, and have dislocated it twice before. This time wasn't much different, I knew it was dislocated by the way it was hurting, and by the way it looked. I got 2 sober adults to look at it and they both told me it was either broken / fractured / dislocated. I can move my fingers and such now - just can't pick up anything heady, squeeze anything etc.

Either way, I ended up popping it back into place easily enough - it isn't really hard. But I think something is wrong, it's not usually this painful. The pain is also in a weird place - it isn't around the joint at all its higher up...*uploads picture*

ex1z7
11-29-2004, 06:55 AM
http://www.geocities.com/x13link/hrm.jpg as well as on the underside of my wrist.

My first guess was a pulled / torn tenden... But I've never done it in my wrist before so I'm not sure which it is. I can't exactly go to the doctor as I'm moving countries tomorrow, in roughly 16 hours. This happened last night and I just figured I didn't give it enough time to heal - it's only been a day, but I'm sort've worried as it really doesn't feel right.

I've iced my wrist, wrapped it for a while - but that made it hurt, and haven't used it much at all. The fall itself wasn't that bad at all - but it did end up popping the clasp on my watch which surprised me. I must've bent my wrist pretty hard for that to happen...

But either way, what else should I do / what do you figure the problem is?

Thanks in advance !

2002civic
11-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Seeing as how there isnt many dr's on here myabe you should go see one and he'd be able to tell you exactly whats wrong.

Kona9
11-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Umm I fell down and Im bleeding all over the place, my eye is hanging out of it's socket and my arm is bent funny half way up my forearm.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go to a doctor ya big freak!! :rofl:

Gspotracer
11-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
Umm I fell down and Im bleeding all over the place, my eye is hanging out of it's socket and my arm is bent funny half way up my forearm.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go to a doctor ya big freak!! :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Maybe there is a couple sober adults on here to consult:thumbsup:

ex1z7
11-29-2004, 11:57 AM
hahahaha :)

I knew I'd get some kinda rough response :P I'd go to a doctor if I wasn't leaving the country in 13 hours. :rolleyes: I'll just wait 3 days till I land in Toronto and go to one there.

Heh :)

Gspotracer
11-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ex1z7
hahahaha :)

I knew I'd get some kinda rough response :P I'd go to a doctor if I wasn't leaving the country in 13 hours. :rolleyes: I'll just wait 3 days till I land in Toronto and go to one there.

Heh :)

Go see a doctor, it shouldn't take 13hrs:rolleyes:

ex1z7
11-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Gspotracer

Go see a doctor, it shouldn't take 13hrs:rolleyes:

It doesn't, but replacing my medicare card, going to the doctor, paying the fee, going to the medicare office, getting reimbursed for the money I just dished out... It doesn't take 13 hrs, it takes more like 3 - but I still have to pack :P And get to the airport early, and actually sleep a little :)

I'll be alright :D Confidence of youth.

Meat2783
11-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Could be a Hematoma (bleeding under the skin, which forms a blood clot). I got one in my wrist when I dove playing ball (Got the out though :D ). It went away with ice, and wrapping it, in a week or so, i think.

But go see a doctor, the time it takes you in the end to straighten things out could be worth it. :thumbsup:

xrayvsn
11-29-2004, 03:30 PM
Looks like you have pain in your "anatomic snuffbox" (in first picture). You need to see a doctor, and get x-rays, because you may have fractured your scaphoid. You need to do it NOW, not in 3 weeks, because even if they dp not see a fracture on the x-ray, you just bought yourself a thumb spica cast.

Scaphoid fractures can go on to non-union, and worse - avascular necrosis. This means that a part of your wrist bone dies because it is without its blood supply. You increase your risk of this complication if you do not get it immobilized ASAP.

GO TO A DOCTOR!

sputnik
11-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Why do people continually go to Beyond for medical advice? :rofl:

D is for Doctor.

xrayvsn
11-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

D is for Doctor.

Yeah, basically if you even wonder to yourself, "should I go to a doctor?" Instead of posting on Beyond - call your doctor and make an appointment, or if its more serious, go to the ER.

1badPT
11-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

D is for Doctor.

Beyond isn't the only forum for that... check this little gem out from one of the other forums I visit....
http://www.instagib.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5958

djayz
11-29-2004, 05:35 PM
^^ hah wow...

Carfanman
11-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Just read that whole thing. fuk.

DarkDream
11-29-2004, 08:42 PM
that thread was funny!!!