PDA

View Full Version : Weird marks on car

5hift
11-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Recently when leave a parking lot I noticed a weird scuff mark on my car door. It doesnt look like a normal mark you get when someone hits your door with theirs though. Its about the size of a loonie and it shows as a grey/white mark on my silver paint. It looks just like dirt except no amount of washing/buffing seems to get it out. It doesnt feel like the paint is damaged however because if you run your hand over it you cannot tell where it starts or stops.

If any one has any ideas of how to get rid of it I would greatly appriciate it.

djayz
11-29-2004, 11:16 AM
might be the paint boiling under the clear coat?

Fire_chickin
11-29-2004, 01:46 PM
yeah, it sounds like your clearcoat is lifting. How old is the paint job?

Rikimaru
11-30-2004, 11:12 AM
paint the door over again:)

5hift
12-02-2004, 01:25 AM
I hope its not the paint bubbling or lifting as its a 2000 Prelude SH. It doesnt seem to be a paint problem, more of a really bad scrape as you cannot even see it from every angle depending on how the light is. It basicly looks like dirt that wont wash off. The only thing I can think of is getting the area buffed maybe? Any other ideas ?

Fire_chickin
12-02-2004, 12:31 PM
If it's a light scrape they might be able buff it out but if it went through the clear coat onto the base coat they would have to do a touchup.

mazda_maniac
12-02-2004, 06:05 PM
It's stock honda pain anything is possible and if it was a scrape you could feel the difference from the good paint surface to that spot.

Ferio_vti
12-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Sounds like its just the clear coat that's marked. Kinda like marking or bending a piece of plastic, it turns white.

Take a pic so we can see exactly what it is.