PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Hong Kong

redblack
11-29-2004, 08:36 PM
hello fellow beyonders
im heading to hong kong in less than two week for the very first time. :thumbsup: Just wondering if there any fun places i could check out . I bought a tour book and got some places i wanna go see.
thanks for any info you peeps can give me:burnout:

saiyajin
11-29-2004, 08:38 PM
go to temple street at night :thumbsup:

redblack
11-29-2004, 08:40 PM
is that anywhere close to nathans street , thats where my hotel is

saiyajin
11-29-2004, 08:41 PM
ya its close by there

FiveFreshFish
11-29-2004, 08:44 PM
You can't miss the Star Ferry. It's cheapest way to cross!

MrMiyagi
11-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
You can't miss the Star Ferry. It's cheapest way to cross!

Ya, just keep an eye on your wallet while you're on it tho! :) You might get pickpocketed.

Carfanman
11-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Wear jeans with tight pockets to avoid getting pickpocketed.

And I said tight pockets not tight jeans so no1 say im gay because I know someone will other wise.

_wrx_
11-29-2004, 09:15 PM
go to harbour city, time square, and mong kok at night awsome night life!

redblack
11-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Carfanman
Wear jeans with tight pockets to avoid getting pickpocketed.

And I said tight pockets not tight jeans so no1 say im gay because I know someone will other wise.

Oic ic , i bought one of those waist wallets, it goes under your shirt , that should work right?

DJ Lazy
11-29-2004, 10:04 PM
That pic of the ferry looks alot like the pics I took when I was in China back in grade 9... Never made it down to Hong Kong tho...

Have a sweet trip man.. its defineately different there.. :thumbsup:

Team_Mclaren
11-29-2004, 11:04 PM
dont make it sound so bad.. its really not too bad.. just be carefully and use common sense and you'll be alright, just like traveling anywhere.

anyway, have a nice/safe trip! its a nice city!

Superesc
11-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Ocean park, and yea Timesquare is very cool. There's a mini gallery there too.

izzoblitzo
11-29-2004, 11:07 PM
my cousin went to hong kong over the summer.. someone picked his celly out of his jacket pocket.

dont wear your wallet in the back pocket.. put it in your front pockets if you can.

GTS Jeff
11-29-2004, 11:15 PM
hk is pretty safe imo. the pickpocketing risk is like any other big city. its not crazy like mainland china :D

D'z Nutz
11-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Oh man, Hong Kong was fun. I hope to get a chance to head back there in a couple years. If you got a day to blow, hit up Macau too. You make a trip there in the hover boats. A lot of cool looking European-style buildings and monuments if you're into that sort of stuff. And if you do go, DO NOT accept anything from the beef jerky girls!! Hahaha! (I'm serious.)

D'z Nutz
11-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Oh, and the giant Buddha monument at Ngong Ping is really cool too.

http://www.ischo.com/china/photos_04.12.2001/img_0806.jpg

redblack
11-30-2004, 08:10 PM
alright , thanks for all the info
hopefully i can check it all out within 7 days

Superesc
12-02-2004, 10:09 AM
If you are into some Graphic design/art:

Six Solo Shows in December – 5th Round: Kashiwa Sato

Kashiwa Sato is now the most sought-after new generation creative / art director in Japan. Since he graduated from Tama University in 1989, Sato joined the major advertising agency Hakuhodo, Inc, and until the year 2000, Sato established his own design office, Samurai. Over the years, Sato’s has won numerous awards, including Tokyo ADC Grand Prix, Tokyo TDC Gold Award, the JAGDA 2000 New Designer Award, Asahi Advertising Award, Yusaku Kamekura Award, and Japan Package Design Grand Prix Gold Award.

Sato’s energetic and original designs have enriched projects with vibrant colors and dynamic composition, expressing the sometimes simple, sometimes disorderly style, with a hint of rebellion and unwillingness to compromise. Sato’s creativity is found in many aspects of every day life. You can get a glimpse of his ideas from the packaging and promotional materials for Kirin Beverage's “Chibi Lemon” and “Gokunama” & "Namakuro” Beers; from the brand identity and interior planning for OZOC’s flagship store in Japan; the 30th anniversary Hello Kitty Exhibition; and most recently, the Spring / Summer 05 Issey Miyake collection. Among all, Sato’s most recognized work must be the promotional materials and CD covers for the Japanese pop group SMAP.

These exciting works of Kashiwa Sato can be found in the 5th round of Six Solo Shows, which opens from December 4th to 31st at the Miniminigallery of Amazing Angle Design Shop. Opening hours are 2:30 – 8:30pm, Monday to Saturday (Sunday & Public Holiday closed). Free Admission.

Inquiries: 2267-7213. www.amazingangle.com
Address: 3/F, 510 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay, HK

I was fortunate enough to see the one 3rd one on Kaoru Kasai.

yobi5888
12-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Always watch out for cars when you are crossing roads. They never stop for pesdestrian, not like Canada!

blinkme_210
12-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Go up to Victoria Peak if you can, overlooks the whole city, just frigging amazing at night.

Chester
12-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Oh man, Hong Kong was fun. I hope to get a chance to head back there in a couple years. If you got a day to blow, hit up Macau too. You make a trip there in the hover boats. A lot of cool looking European-style buildings and monuments if you're into that sort of stuff. And if you do go, DO NOT accept anything from the beef jerky girls!! Hahaha! (I'm serious.)

whatsup with the beef jerky girls?

D'z Nutz
12-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Nothing really bad. They stand around the handing out free samples by the beef jerky store, but as soon as you take a sample, all of them stop what they're doing and crowd around you trying to sell you some. It was insane, cause my dad took a sample, and before we knew it, three of them were grabbing him, pulling him by both his arms, and trying to drag him into the store while he was trying to pull away! I guess if you want pictures of chicks pulling on you and shit like you were in a boy band, that's the place to do it! Hahaha!

Ariakas
12-03-2004, 12:45 PM
Hehe the jerky stores, I remember that too. I'll be in HK for 3 weeks very soon and I'll be sure to visit them since that strip do have the best beef and pork jerky :)