PDA

View Full Version : Creatine....

Bloodline INC
11-29-2004, 08:42 PM
whats everyones views on using it, and if you use it, have you found one that works better than others? also how much do you take per day? ive heard of people doubling the doses reccomened on the bottles, but will that cause any health problems?

ryder_23
11-29-2004, 08:47 PM
From what i understand, creatine itself is a health problem. But havnt done much research, i too am curious to find out more information on it from users on this site

Kaos
11-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Do a search...
I think its been discussed plenty of times.

:thumbsup:

11-29-2004, 08:54 PM
if your looking to pu on weight then yes that is somthing that will help alot! If you are looking to put on muscle then no dont use it all it does is make you gain more water in your body and thats the weight and the more you gain the harder your muscles have to work, therefore not a good idea to take if your looking for muscle gain!

Mckenzie
11-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by 5.0
if your looking to pu on weight then yes that is somthing that will help alot! If you are looking to put on muscle then no dont use it all it does is make you gain more water in your body and thats the weight and the more you gain the harder your muscles have to work, therefore not a good idea to take if your looking for muscle gain!

Creatine helps immensly with strength gains, which in turn allows you to lift more weight, which in turn allows you to build more muscle. However, some of the gains made will be lost during a washout cycle or when you stop it altogether.

And it does not just fill you up with water...

Here are some links:

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine_background.html#Creatine%20Information%201

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/creatine_doses.html#Creatine%20Information%207

http://www.absolute-creatine.com/6.htm

davidI
11-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Just don't over take it and you should be fine. This topic is talked to death on any bb forum so I'm not gonna answer too in depth cause a google will bring up a lot of results.

Biggest problem is most people take too much. YOu only really need 2.5-5g maintenance dosage. Take it with some dextrose and ALA's if you really want it to be effective.

Like I said, do a search, get knowledgeable and then feel free to ask me any specific questions :)

SI-vic
11-29-2004, 11:20 PM
I use Creatine Monohydrate, stopped for the last 2months and I shrunk a lot.
I am also on protein but I stopped working out due to school and work so I'll start up again soon (when school ends).

It helps but I dont think I'll go back on it.

EnRich
11-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Dont waste your money...

BloodBaneZXY
11-30-2004, 12:23 AM
mmhmm, If you're not knowledgable on it at all, chances are it'll be a waste. Worry about it when you start lifting hardcore and do some researching..

NiteRider
11-30-2004, 12:31 AM
if you want some, i have full bottle and one half bottle i can sell u for $20
i paid $18 for each one
PM me

Chim
11-30-2004, 05:29 PM
It does work, just that its a trendy thing that all the "cool" kids are doing now so a lot of misinformation is going around. I know a few people taking it who think it'll give them a steroid-like advantage. Obviously these guys don't take it properly, and don't get much back from it.

YCB
11-30-2004, 05:51 PM
.. if you have been workin out for a while, I would suggest you taking v12 for swole v2, it could be all in your mind, but I think you get better pumps, slight water retention but that doesn't matter, you'll gain about 2-3 pounds water weight. With v12 you can cycle it, so your body won't depend on it.. I ususally finish a bottlle which last about 2 months,, then go off it for 4 weeks, then go back on again.. I got some very good gains

~Leah~
11-30-2004, 06:18 PM
It's not something I'd recommend taking, but if you do, you damn well better drink a shitload of water

smokedog
11-30-2004, 06:36 PM
does any know protien supplement that doesn't make you gain mass..i don't want a weight gainer...any drink or pill that makes u gain muscle(NOT A WEIGHT GAINER)

YCB
11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by smokedog
does any know protien supplement that doesn't make you gain mass..i don't want a weight gainer...any drink or pill that makes u gain muscle(NOT A WEIGHT GAINER)

why??

TrevorK
12-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
It's not something I'd recommend taking, but if you do, you damn well better drink a shitload of water

Please explain why thousands are wrong, and why taking a naturally occuring substance such as creatine is bad?

TrevorK
12-01-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by smokedog

Nothing makes you gain muscle all alone, it's a combination of three things:

1) Lift big
2) Eat big
3) Repeat 1 and 2

You can't get a miracle pill/powder to make muscle without lifting big.

buh_buh
12-01-2004, 10:32 AM
you should also remember to sleep big as well.
Getting a good night's sleep is pretty important in gaining muscle.