PDA

View Full Version : crash on deerfoot

civicrider
11-30-2004, 04:01 PM
i just saw a big crash on deerfoot, its now closed off and theres alot of emergency vehicles. anyone know whats going on?

maxout
11-30-2004, 04:04 PM
when and where

i have to drive on it to go home ?
:banghead:

civicrider
11-30-2004, 04:07 PM
right before 17th/blackfoot

Tux10
11-30-2004, 04:23 PM
North or Southbound?

civicrider
11-30-2004, 04:25 PM
southbound

Tux10
11-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Damnit, I gotta go that way to get home!

QuasarCav
11-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Just heard, I'm going to take Barlow to 17th than take the ridge road to Peigan.

:guns: :guns:

I'll be home at 5 if I'm lucky.

civicrider
11-30-2004, 04:30 PM
yeah im staying far away from that.

kevie88
11-30-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
i just saw a big crash on deerfoot, its now closed off and theres alot of emergency vehicles. anyone know whats going on?

There's a big crash, They've closed off southbound deerfoot right before 17th/blackfoot due to the amount of emergency vehicles. Hope that clears things up! :rofl:

Dirty_SOHC
11-30-2004, 04:45 PM
note from city beat

Date: Tue Nov 30 15:05:00 2004
Subject: Suicide Attempt Deerfoot and 17 Ave SE

-----BEGIN MD5 -----------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE

At 2PM this afternoon a male jumped off the bridge at
Deerfoot Trail and 17 SE in a suicide attempt.

The male landed on the southbound lanes and was narrowly
missed by numerous vehicles. Emergency crews attended and
for our safety, southbound lanes were closed for approx 40
minutes while emergency crews assisted the injured male.

As soon as the male was transported, police and Carmacks
reopened the southbound lanes.

Police would like to thank motorists for their patience while
we dealt with this emotionally disturbed person.

-30-

Public Email Contact:

[email protected]

-----END MD5 c8c2e912f54c6d36c79dfa992c35df88-----

kevie88
11-30-2004, 04:47 PM
^holy crap that guy was lucky!!:eek:

QuasarCav
11-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Should be good then?

I leave in 13min.

Crazy mofucka, jump off a hi-rise like everyone else.

cman
11-30-2004, 04:50 PM
wow thats scary shit:eek: , imagine if he had landed on someones car or been hit by someone, he could have killed a lot more people by doing that.

civicrider
11-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
^holy crap that guy was lucky!!:eek:

i wouldnt say lucky, i bet hes in alot of pain, legs are gonna be like jelly :eek:
shoulda jumped off a higher building, imagine the shit hes gonna go through now...

BebeAphrodite
11-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC
note from city beat

Date: Tue Nov 30 15:05:00 2004
Subject: Suicide Attempt Deerfoot and 17 Ave SE

-----BEGIN MD5 -----------------------------------

CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE

At 2PM this afternoon a male jumped off the bridge at
Deerfoot Trail and 17 SE in a suicide attempt.

The male landed on the southbound lanes and was narrowly
missed by numerous vehicles. Emergency crews attended and
for our safety, southbound lanes were closed for approx 40
minutes while emergency crews assisted the injured male.

As soon as the male was transported, police and Carmacks
reopened the southbound lanes.

Police would like to thank motorists for their patience while
we dealt with this emotionally disturbed person.

-30-

Public Email Contact:

[email protected]

-----END MD5 c8c2e912f54c6d36c79dfa992c35df88-----

grr
Suicide is sooo selfish!!

If someone had jumped infront of me I would have been so traumatised knowing I had contributed to their death and not only that but I'm sure it would have caused some injuries to the driver as well.

Tux10
11-30-2004, 04:56 PM
I was beginning to wonder why the radio kept saying all roads are accident free. Hope they cleaned up the mess.... don't really wanna see it.

I don't think he was the lucky one, the ones that he didn't hit would be the lucky ones, just remember the rock throwing incident on deerfoot couple months ago? Now think if it was a 140 lb person coming through your window.

forkdork
11-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by civicrider

i wouldnt say lucky, i bet hes in alot of pain, legs are gonna be like jelly :eek:
shoulda jumped off a higher building, imagine the shit hes gonna go through now...

:werd: :werd:

PureDeXteritY
11-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Damn, coulden't that guy pick a place to jump that's NOT gonna inconvenience everyone.
better yet, Get over whatever girlfriend just dumped you and get on with your life.

86max
11-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

grr

If someone had jumped infront of me I would have been so traumatised knowing I had contributed to their death and not only that but I'm sure it would have caused some injuries to the driver as well.

:werd:

What's the point in taking someone else down with you? Well I guess they aren't really in a state to be making wise decisions:dunno:

shakalaka
11-30-2004, 05:55 PM

grr

Happened to me last year. Guy standing right beside me, jumped in front of the c-train in downtown. People were screaming everywhere, blood on the rail. Scary, Scary thing to see.

cman
11-30-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

Happened to me last year. Guy standing right beside me, jumped in front of the c-train in downtown. People were screaming everywhere, blood on the rail. Scary, Scary thing to see.

:( that sucks man, if i were in the situation i would probably have dreams and shit about it all the time.

Dirty_SOHC
11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 86max

What's the point in taking someone else down with you? Well I guess they aren't really in a state to be making wise decisions:dunno:

He wanted to make a loud statement, to show is discontent with his life.

fast95pony
11-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Let's hope it was a politian,lawyer,or insurance employee. I wouldn't miss any of them...

88CRX
11-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
Let's hope it was a politian,lawyer,or insurance employee. I wouldn't miss any of them...

wow..... thats um.... pretty harsh :thumbsdow

redec
11-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

3 years ago at the franklin station saw a guy lie down on the tracks...it sucked :P....I can still hear the bones snap

Melinda
12-01-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by PureDeXteritY
Damn, coulden't that guy pick a place to jump that's NOT gonna inconvenience everyone.
better yet, Get over whatever girlfriend just dumped you and get on with your life.

Originally posted by fast95pony

Wow those are some unbelieveably ignorant comments. I agree, deerfoot trail was a very selfish place to attempt this due to the inconvenience it caused and the potential problems and other accidents and injuries that could have happened, and he should have maybe thought about his actions a little more but who are you to judge him like that and just write him off as nothing?

Stats show that more than 80% of people who attempt suicide and live immidately regret trying it right afterwards. Hopefully he's one of them. At the end of the day, he's a person in a tough spot. And unless you know his circumstances, you shouldn't judge him like that.

finboy
12-01-2004, 01:21 AM
man, what a jackass :thumbsdow

GC84ever
12-01-2004, 01:29 AM

grr

That's so true.
people think that if they commit suicide they are only hurting themselves, but they are dead wrong (lack of a better phrase). Sure they die, but then the families has to mourn, wonder/feel quilty if there was anything they could have done. and like this guy that jumped into traffic. If he hit some one he could have caused a massive pile up resulting in many more needless deaths.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by redec

3 years ago at the franklin station saw a guy lie down on the tracks...it sucked :P....I can still hear the bones snap

*shudder* I can barely imagine what that would be like. I also feel sorry for the crews who have to scrape the guy off of the train/tracks.

Lo Pro
12-02-2004, 01:31 PM
it was pretty crazy i passed the accident like just after it happened but i wasnt fully sure what had happened but i kinda guessed it was a suicide attempt because there were no veichles damaged around the guy, really weird to see something like that happen

method
12-02-2004, 09:24 PM
yeah um boohoo.

I can feel sorry for people who are too fed up to live with themselves anymore, but when you threaten other peoples lives in the process..

well um... screw you :rolleyes:

I expect a public apology for such a bullshit stunt.

M_Power
12-02-2004, 10:24 PM
holy shit, i usually get out of school at 2 and drive down that stretch of road everyday. i wonder wut would have happened if i was at school that day?? :dunno: