PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Xircom Realport pcmcia Network card

Charon
11-30-2004, 07:37 PM
I am looking for a Xircom Realport 10/100 network card. The cards that are double tall, fush with the laptop and you can plug the network cable right into them without a dongle or protruding piece of the card from the laptop.
PM with what you want for it.

Bigwave
11-30-2004, 07:40 PM
I have the credit card one that's 56k and 10\100...but it uses a dongle. I have the 10\100 dongle here.

Just thought I'd mention it ....even though you want one without dongle.

triver525
11-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Just a thought...depending on your laptop, you might be able to get away with getting a mini-pci card that you install right into your computer. Do you have a port somewhere on your laptop that just has a little dummy cover on it? Or do you just have an older laptop? You can get the mini-pci cards for like $30-40 on ebay and they are incredibly easy to install.

Charon
11-30-2004, 08:13 PM
No minipci slot. It is a dell insprion 4150. The laptop had built in ethernet. But something in it fried and no drivers work. Even after formating and starting fresh. It cannot enable the hardware anymore. There are some xircom realport's on ebay for $20 US but + shipping and possibly customs. Trying to find something comparable. And that I dont have to wait a few weeks for.