PDA

View Full Version : What Happened?? :( Need Help

3G
11-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Alright so here's what happened. I was installing a deck in my friendscar (91 Accord Exr). I hooked up all the wires, like they said to be wired and color matched them etc. i put electrical tape on them (yes I separated them) then i connected the harness to the one in the car. When We turned the car to accessory mode, some smoke started coming from the deck(and a burning smell - the deck is toast?). So we took that deck out and plugged the stock one back in, it wouldnt turn on so we looked at the fuse and it was burnt. We put a new fuse in (same one as we pulled out 7.5Amps). We tryed turning the stock deck on but it wouldn't turn on. What happened :(

Weapon_R
11-30-2004, 11:05 PM
More than 1 fuse is burnt.

3G
11-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
More than 1 fuse is burnt.

Tomorrow I'll have a look at all the fuses. So there's nothing happened with the wiring/electrical system? The deck is gone tho right, can it be fixed?

Weapon_R
11-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Deck is most likely still okay. It's happened to me a million times. On my car, there are 2 fuses that usually blow if I have a problem with my stereo. The first is a 15a under the dash, and the second is one under my hood (7.5a I think).

As for the deck, I think you might have reversed the power and accessory, which is what happened with mine to produce that smokeshow:)

3G
11-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Deck is most likely still okay. It's happened to me a million times. On my car, there are 2 fuses that usually blow if I have a problem with my stereo. The first is a 15a under the dash, and the second is one under my hood (7.5a I think).

As for the deck, I think you might have reversed the power and accessory, which is what happened with mine to produce that smokeshow:)

thanks man:D ill check again tomorrow. i only checked the under the hood one! i hope the deck is still fine

BerserkerCatSplat
12-01-2004, 10:33 AM

That'd be my guess, as well. Same thing (ie smokeshow) happened to me once, and sure enough I had reversed the power/accessory!