got M
12-05-2002, 06:00 AM
NSX 3

got M
12-05-2002, 06:01 AM
nsx 4

RickDaTuner
12-05-2002, 06:01 AM
even though the NSX is a great car i would Keep the M3, it has more real world value than the NSX

Speed_RaSiR
12-05-2002, 10:13 AM
I agree the NSX is amazing, but so is the M3. I would keep the M.

Tuner1
12-05-2002, 11:58 AM
Keep the M3...unless you have $15k to spend upgrading the NSX. It is NOT a car to own on a budget! Stock NSX's are boring :poosie:

Rob

Stratus_Power
12-05-2002, 11:58 AM
I think M3 would be good but NSX will defintly be a head turner... i would say NSX

GTS Jeff
12-05-2002, 12:07 PM
nsx....even if it isnt definitely a better car, its nice to have owned one and have some experience with it.

i think its more pwoerful than your m3 too...handling would be debatable....and for pimp factor, the nsx is awesome

outsider
12-05-2002, 12:38 PM
love the m3. it's so nice. if i had the money i would take it off your hands so you could go for the rsx. but keep the m3!

HRD2PLZ
12-05-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by outsider
love the m3. it's so nice. if i had the money i would take it off your hands so you could go for the rsx. but keep the m3!

I think you meant NSX...not RSX

But dude- I'd keep the M3. I think most of us agree that both of those cars are super nice. I would keep the M3 though, IMO. Your car is such a gorgeous color :love: which I think definately turns heads.

max_boost
12-05-2002, 01:52 PM
I would go for the NSX.....exotic spice! haha

eur0
12-05-2002, 02:12 PM
yea man, im all about the exotic cars! m3 is nice but imo isnt as classy as an nsx...but thats only if you throw some new wheels on the nsx, you also gonna have a ton of cash left over from seeling ur m3...92ish nsx's can go for as low as 40k, I wouldnt pay anything higher than 45,000

got M
12-05-2002, 03:38 PM
14/11 for the M3
pretty close......

dj_honda
12-05-2002, 03:45 PM
keep the m3 imo

hjr
12-05-2002, 04:49 PM
its all about the M. Definitly.

eur0
12-05-2002, 05:17 PM
n

s

x

what do i have to do to alter you mind?? :D I wouldnt base my decision on other peoples opinions

eur0
12-05-2002, 05:18 PM
something for thought, you may not like it but sure do:

kaput
12-05-2002, 06:03 PM

Dope Dealer
12-05-2002, 06:07 PM
NSX hands down!

[GaGe]
12-05-2002, 07:38 PM
i'd keep the M3.. you've made some nice mods to it, and it has less kms.. :thumbsup:

Joe Malms
12-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I would go for the NSX.....exotic spice! haha

the nsx aint no exotic
Its a really good looking, horribly over-priced and underpowered sports car.

I think both are nice, depends on if you plan on driving it daily etc

bol
12-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Why would you want to sell a four year old car to get a ten year old car that isn't as fast and doesn't handle as good?

Who cares about the image of an "exotic." Anyone who's opinion you're going to care about on the matter of the car is going to know that it was a $40,000 ten year old honda....

my two cents.

three.eighteen.
12-05-2002, 07:46 PM
both are able track cars...i'd say the m3 is more likely to take the punishment of daily driving though

boi-alien
12-05-2002, 08:00 PM
althought M3s are really nice and stuff, i'd take the NSX, much more of a head turner than the M =)

B18C
12-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by bol
Why would you want to sell a four year old car to get a ten year old car that isn't as fast and doesn't handle as good?

Are you sure about that? I would have thought the NSX would handle better but I can't really back that up.

Stratus_Power
12-06-2002, 12:26 AM
oh 25 to 23....

///M Power
12-06-2002, 12:28 AM
Thats a tough call, if you had an E46 I would tell you to keep it, but I'm not a big fan of the E36, still nice, but not a huge fan. And I don't really like NSX's that much either. Thats a tough one.

bol
12-06-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by B18C

Are you sure about that? I would have thought the NSX would handle better but I can't really back that up.

It's actually pretty close but in comparision I'd bet that the M3 would be easier to drive and as a result post better times. There aren't too many people on this board who can claim to be good enough drivers to take advantage of slight advantages.

Year Make Model Engine HP Torque 0-60 ¼ Mile Skidpad
92 Acura NSX 3.0 V-6 270 210 5.6 13.9@102 .93
96 Acura NSX-T 3.0 V-6 252 210 5.8 14.9@99 .89
97 Acura NSX-T 3.2 V-6 290 224 4.8 13.3@106 .94
97 BMW M3 3.2 I-6 240 236 5.5 14@99 .91

RiCE-DaDDy
12-06-2002, 12:55 AM
i luv the nsx but sad to say, id take the m3, nsx is just too old now, bout time somethin new came along

RSeXy
12-06-2002, 12:57 AM
m3!

RSeXy
12-06-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by kaput
M3. It turns me on more then the NSX. I wanna buy an M3 after I graduate.

haha...i think its safe to assume that got M won't be keeping the m3 to "turn you on"...haha:rofl: :rofl:

300rwhp
12-06-2002, 01:44 AM
honda or bmw? when i saw this thread it was an easy dicision for me.

RiceCake
12-06-2002, 02:26 AM
I say keep the M... both are eye catchers and damn nice cars.

The M has fewer clicks, and is newer. NSX is older and will cost a lot to mod/ and I'm not sure how maintenance would factor in...

Importz
12-06-2002, 02:37 AM
Dude you are on the same bout as me!!! I am deciding if I should sell my Bimmer and get a 98 NSX!!!:dunno:

Importz
12-06-2002, 02:39 AM
Still debating if I should buy this!!!!:dunno:

Stratus_Power
12-06-2002, 02:41 AM
98?? must be supre expensive.. if a 91 goes for avg of 50k according to Trader and a 03' cost 150k...

max_boost
12-06-2002, 02:42 AM
I'm sure it costs at least $100K for that 98NSX

Importz, if you have the money, just go for the NSX man

E36M3
12-06-2002, 02:55 AM
If I had to choose, and I have made the choice, I would stick with the M3. I used to own an Acura Legend with the 3.2L V6, and it is an incredible engine.. driving the NSX is truly awesome.. a really smart guy once called the NSX 'The Ferrari made by people who went to college', and I have to agree. On the other hand, the M3:

a) has better overall performance
b) can seat more than two people
c) will be fine in winter
d) can be parked anywhere without drawing too much attention
e) is invisible to cops

I've had my car for a few years, and I am also thinking about getting something else, and it is a really hard decision.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Stratus_Power
12-06-2002, 02:57 AM
NSX group buy :P

hjr
12-06-2002, 03:45 AM
M3! M3! M3!........................... come on man, the M3 is a better car. i understand that you might be getting board of it now, it happens to the best of us, but dont go a do something foolish like dumping it in for an NSX. The KM's on the car are too high as well. Cars that expensive are rarly driven that much. Being that it has, i would say that it hasnt had the easiest of lifes (in general).

Switching, this is something i think you would regret doing in the long run. The bimmer is a good car and will serve you well.

GTS Jeff
12-06-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by E36M3
I used to own an Acura Legend with the 3.2L V6, and it is an incredible engine.. driving the NSX is truly awesome.. please explain what relation a legend has to an nsx.

got M
12-06-2002, 04:50 AM

e) is invisible to cops

:rofl: :rofl: Dont we all wish!!
though i will admit i dont realy get pulled over as much as I should *knocks on wood*

E36M3
12-06-2002, 05:47 AM
In order to save costs and become (or remain) profitable, many automakers share parts and platforms among vehicles.

One great example is the Acura NSX & Legend. The 3.0L V6 (as in the 92 NSX) is essentially the same as the engine in the first generation Acura Legend. The 3.2L V6 is essentially the same as the second generation NSX.

Important differences include (in most cases, there are exceptions, and I will give some examples below): the NSX has an aluminum block in all cases, titanium connecting rods, VTEC and other exotic parts. The 3.0L Legend did not get any of these goodies, whereas some of the 3.2L Generation II Legends did get VTEC, but not the aluminum parts of titanium connecting rods.

The engine in the Legend (at least the second generation) was designed so that it could power both FWD and RWD platforms by being transversally mounted.

I do not know enough about the NSX to say for sure, having never owned/worked on one, but I know that is shares a lot of other bits and pieces with the legend, including pieces of the interior, drivetrain, suspension, etc. I am in no way saying that they are identical.

The Acura NSX is the ultimate supercar, because it has many of the characteristics which ensure reliability in the entire Honda/Acura line, most importantly, that it uses parts which have been proven on countless millions of their other models, and engineering skill derived from mass production runs and the data associated with them.

It's primary faults, in my mind are:

a) its outdated styling
b) relatively low power rating (when compared to other cars in its class, it has now been dramatically outgunned)
c) peaky torque & horsepower curves
d) lack of low end power

It is, though, incredibly reliable and anyone would be lucky to own one.

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
please explain what relation a legend has to an nsx.

SilverRex
12-06-2002, 05:13 PM
kant drive NSX in the winter buddy

GTS Jeff
12-06-2002, 06:41 PM
In order to save costs and become (or remain) profitable, many automakers share parts and platforms among vehicles.

One great example is the Acura NSX & Legend. The 3.0L V6 (as in the 92 NSX) is essentially the same as the engine in the first generation Acura Legend. The 3.2L V6 is essentially the same as the second generation NSX.

Important differences include (in most cases, there are exceptions, and I will give some examples below): the NSX has an aluminum block in all cases, titanium connecting rods, VTEC and other exotic parts. The 3.0L Legend did not get any of these goodies, whereas some of the 3.2L Generation II Legends did get VTEC, but not the aluminum parts of titanium connecting rods.

The engine in the Legend (at least the second generation) was designed so that it could power both FWD and RWD platforms by being transversally mounted.

I do not know enough about the NSX to say for sure, having never owned/worked on one, but I know that is shares a lot of other bits and pieces with the legend, including pieces of the interior, drivetrain, suspension, etc. I am in no way saying that they are identical.

The Acura NSX is the ultimate supercar, because it has many of the characteristics which ensure reliability in the entire Honda/Acura line, most importantly, that it uses parts which have been proven on countless millions of their other models, and engineering skill derived from mass production runs and the data associated with them.

a) its outdated styling
b) relatively low power rating (when compared to other cars in its class, it has now been dramatically outgunned)
d) lack of low end power

It is, though, incredibly reliable and anyone would be lucky to own one.

man, that couldnt be further from the truth. u have already listed tons of differences between the 2 engines...it should be obvious to you that they are in no way comparable at all. the ONLY similarity between the 2 engines is that they are both C series engines...but then again, the accord engine and the s2k engine are both F series engines...just because they are in the same engine family doesnt mean they are in any way related. also, in your comparison, tho u pointed out many differences, u also forgot a very big one. SOHC vs DOHC. another thing u missed is that the engines are mounted longitudinally in legends! and since the legends are fwd, the driveshaft is probably in the sump...which wouldnt be the case for the nsx. geez man! where the hell did u get your info from?!

as for other things that an nsx shares with a legend...well i really dont know. either way, its completely impossible use a legend as a reference to the nsx

a) its outdated styling
d) lack of low end power
b, c, and d are all the same point. the nsx doesnt need low end power. its not exactly heavy...instead, it needs highend power for track performance, which is exactly what it has.

E36M3
12-06-2002, 07:38 PM
man, that couldnt be further from the truth. u have already listed tons of differences between the 2 engines...it should be obvious to you that they are in no way comparable at all. the ONLY similarity between the 2 engines is that they are both C series engines...but then again, the accord engine and the s2k engine are both F series engines...just because they are in the same engine family doesnt mean they are in any way related. also, in your comparison, tho u pointed out many differences, u also forgot a very big one. SOHC vs DOHC. another thing u missed is that the engines are mounted longitudinally in legends! and since the legends are fwd, the driveshaft is probably in the sump...which wouldnt be the case for the nsx. geez man! where the hell did u get your info from?!

Well, since they share about 70% or so of their engine components, I would hazard a guess, and say they might be related. I'm not sure how that is hard to understand.. they are both based on the same engine platform. You can derive a lot of 'feel' from that.. much like you could compare the 2.8L Inline six (North American Version) from the 328 to the 3.0L I6 in my M3.. I just really don't understand the argument you are presenting.

as for other things that an nsx shares with a legend...well i really dont know. either way, its completely impossible use a legend as a reference to the nsx b, c, and d are all the same point. the nsx doesnt need low end power. its not exactly heavy...instead, it needs highend power for track performance, which is exactly what it has.

I disagree. The NSX is not a racecar, it is a street car, and in North America, at the low speeds we drive, low end performance is very important. That is an opinion.. there are lots of people who think that 100hp is excessive. To each his own.

b, c and d are not the same point. A car can have a low power rating but a very flat torque curve. Maybe you should drive a car with some torque, then maybe you would know what I was talking about.

'Peaky' and 'low end power' are not necessarily related. A twin turbo car, poorly executed can have a ton of low end power, and a ton of high end power, but no midrange power, and still be peaky.

I think that you need to read my comments a little bit more carefully.

E36M3
12-06-2002, 07:54 PM
In the Bay Area, it is like driving a Buick station wagon.. the BMW 3 Series is the best selling car in San Francisco, so they are everywhere.. I've heard that 8/10 M Cars in the world are in California, and I would tend to believe it.. there are 200+ M3s at the Bay Area Bimmers meets.

The only time I got pulled over was in Bakersfield, which is bodunk.. and I deserved it. In Calgary, I guess it might be a different story.. whenever I see an M3 in Calgary I do a double take.

Originally posted by got M

:rofl: :rofl: Dont we all wish!!
though i will admit i dont realy get pulled over as much as I should *knocks on wood*

GTS Jeff
12-06-2002, 09:46 PM

Well, since they share about 70% or so of their engine components, I would hazard a guess, and say they might be related. I'm not sure how that is hard to understand.. they are both based on the same engine platform. You can derive a lot of 'feel' from that.. much like you could compare the 2.8L Inline six (North American Version) from the 328 to the 3.0L I6 in my M3.. I just really don't understand the argument you are presenting.

I disagree. The NSX is not a racecar, it is a street car, and in North America, at the low speeds we drive, low end performance is very important. That is an opinion.. there are lots of people who think that 100hp is excessive. To each his own.

b, c and d are not the same point. A car can have a low power rating but a very flat torque curve. Maybe you should drive a car with some torque, then maybe you would know what I was talking about.

'Peaky' and 'low end power' are not necessarily related. A twin turbo car, poorly executed can have a ton of low end power, and a ton of high end power, but no midrange power, and still be peaky.

I think that you need to read my comments a little bit more carefully. where are you getting your information from? 70%???? u cant just pull a number out of your ass and call it factual. i mean, uve already stated some very incorrect info...such as saying that the legend engine is transversely mounted.

the legend and nsx engine are NOT "based on the same engine platform" and the point im trying to make is that you cannot derive the feel of a high-revving, freerevving, dohc engine built for a racecar from a torque-monster, sohc engine meant to be smooth.

and what makes you think the nsx is a street car? sure, it "technically" is a street car, but do you really think honda designed the nsx with stop signs and pedestrian crosswalks in mind? NO! they designed and tuned this car on the track and for the track. just ask yourself, are u more likely to see an nsx at safeway or at the track?

and we both know that you are just nitpicking at those 3 points about engine tuning. but ure right, to each his own. i guess the qualities that make the nsx a good track car dont appeal as much to some ppl and that some ppl would rather just have a car that can tackle the intersections instead of the cones.

E36M3
12-06-2002, 09:53 PM
I'll let a sleeping dog lie.. but to tell you the truth, I see way more NSXes at Safeway then at the track.. they tend to be garage queens, at least around here. I'm not sure that I'd be out racing my NSX either.. the parts are incredibly expensive (not everyone has Doug Hayashi's bank account). Actually, come to think of it, I've seen Doug's NSX at the track *and* at Safeway :)

where are you getting your information from? 70%???? u cant just pull a number out of your ass and call it factual. i mean, uve already stated some very incorrect info...such as saying that the legend engine is transversely mounted.

the legend and nsx engine are NOT "based on the same engine platform" and the point im trying to make is that you cannot derive the feel of a high-revving, freerevving, dohc engine built for a racecar from a torque-monster, sohc engine meant to be smooth.

and what makes you think the nsx is a street car? sure, it "technically" is a street car, but do you really think honda designed the nsx with stop signs and pedestrian crosswalks in mind? NO! they designed and tuned this car on the track and for the track. just ask yourself, are u more likely to see an nsx at safeway or at the track?

and we both know that you are just nitpicking at those 3 points about engine tuning. but ure right, to each his own. i guess the qualities that make the nsx a good track car dont appeal as much to some ppl and that some ppl would rather just have a car that can tackle the intersections instead of the cones.

GTS Jeff
12-06-2002, 09:57 PM
I'll let a sleeping dog lie.. but to tell you the truth, I see way more NSXes at Safeway then at the track.. they tend to be garage queens, at least around here. I'm not sure that I'd be out racing my NSX either.. the parts are incredibly expensive (not everyone has Doug Hayashi's bank account). Actually, come to think of it, I've seen Doug's NSX at the track *and* at Safeway :)

hahaha, tell me you're kidding...i guess its different in california than in caligary....

300rwhp
12-07-2002, 10:27 PM
"I see way more NSXes at Safeway then at the track"

i always thought safeway was canadian.

lammer
12-07-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
"I see way more NSXes at Safeway then at the track"

i always thought safeway was canadian.

i think western canada has safeway only. eastern canada gets like Loblaws and shit.
im not sure about the states.

E36M3
12-07-2002, 11:01 PM
Safeway is an American company. There is 'Canada Safeway', which operates in Canada and is a subsidiary.

Originally posted by lammer

i think western canada has safeway only. eastern canada gets like Loblaws and shit.
im not sure about the states.

lammer
12-07-2002, 11:04 PM
Safeway is an American company. There is 'Canada Safeway', which operates in Canada and is a subsidiary.

sorry my bad

GTS Jeff
12-07-2002, 11:52 PM
whatever, safeway sucks anyway...so expensive and they have a smaller selection than superstore

Stratus_Power
12-08-2002, 12:07 AM
i Luv safeway :D better stuff there!!!

GTS Jeff
12-08-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power
i Luv safeway :D better stuff there!!! ure only saying that cuz its the only place walking distance from rez

SmelltheRubber
12-09-2002, 01:05 AM
Hmm, i've been thinking about it and I cant even remember what the inside of a safeway looks like anymore. :dunno:

Edit: NSX NSX NSX NSX