PDA

View Full Version : Rig Bite::: Well After 2 months on the Rigs I get this.....

SinisterProbeGt
12-01-2004, 04:08 AM
:thumbsdow
Well as some of you know, I have been out working the rigs in red Earth about 2 hours north of slave lake.

Well mostly I have good days at work and no problems..
But last monday at work i got my finger crushed in between a peice of pipe and a building.
We were connecting a 20" pipe to the building.
1 guy was lifting this 400lb pipe with a front end loader and the other guy was twisting it with a crow bar to make it fit when it slipped and my hand was in the wrong place.
" i had to connect the two pipes"
and here is the result. I crushed the knuckle on my thumb my right thumb and I am right handed.
You use you thumb for everything.....
pics.

first day...

SinisterProbeGt
12-01-2004, 04:08 AM
2nd day....

turbo'dGSR
12-01-2004, 04:38 AM
daaamn man, best of luck with the recovery.....:eek:
keep us posted with pics!:D

Rockski
12-01-2004, 08:11 AM
watch your pinch points, dont you hear that at every saftey meeting?:D sorry to hear about it man, WATCH YOUR PINCH POINTS, dont want it to happen again

statick
12-01-2004, 08:12 AM
hope it gets better soon:D

Aleks
12-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Are they making a big deal out of it? I know when i worked for Devon they made huge deals about safety. Even close calls were recorded and they had meetings about that stuff. EUB can be a pain in the ass about this kinda stuff...

HillBilly
12-01-2004, 09:15 AM
the oilfield is a very dangerous place to work. Hope you recover soon.

/////AMG
12-01-2004, 09:19 AM
:werd: hope it recovers fast, and please do keep us updated with pics haha :tongue:

Tux10
12-01-2004, 11:03 AM
I know how you feel man, did that to my thumb a while back and snapped both my legiments holding it in place, you really do use your thumb for everything.... and its hard to find anything to keep it in place, specially at night. Woke up every morning and it hurt like a biatch from rolling on it all night.