PDA

View Full Version : Decent turbo setup for 1999 SiR (B16A2) -SPLIT-

A790
11-29-2004, 01:32 AM

EK 2.0
11-29-2004, 01:40 AM
PM COOLSIR...he had a B16 Civic and had a very clean Turbo set-up on it...

or contact Allan and Speedtech and they can build you or provide you with a kit and installation as well...

A790
11-29-2004, 01:42 AM

Hash_man
11-29-2004, 02:02 AM
No... you have to remember, you can;'t just bolt on a turbo... there are turbo kits available from companies like Greddy, which around $7000 sounds reasonable for, I'm not sure what they go for though.

But you cannot just buy a turbo and slap it on... you have to worry about your internals, you have to strengthen them, and most likely lower the compression. You also have to address your fuel system, and engine management to keep it all running right.

There is a lot involved in turbocharging a car.. don't just go thinking you can buy a turbo and put it on... but for your situation, it sounds like something like the GReddy kit would be good.

^SkylinE^
11-29-2004, 02:53 AM
HAHAH 7000$ for a honda is way to much.
I did mine for just over 3g and i could have done it much cheaper if i knew what things should have cost.

Hash_man you really don't need to build up the motor if your going to be making modist power. Im pushing about 9psi on a stock D_series.

A790 there was an almost complete kit for sale on beyond a while ago. Do a search see if its still for sale. I can tell you what else you would need!:thumbsup:

doublepostwhore
11-29-2004, 03:02 AM
vegas2005baby has a nice turbo honda (kit cost him less then 500$ and he is running a t3.)

ryder_23
11-29-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
vegas2005baby has a nice turbo honda (kit cost him less then 500$ and he is running a t3.)

hahaha i knew that was spencer :rofl: oh, and i wouldnt call it nice

7000$ is quite alot for just a turbo kit. Like said before, you dont have to upgrade internals, or hell, even the fuel. Just depends on what you plan on running.

redline
11-29-2004, 08:39 AM
The question is do you want to go junk yard or have a kit? next what is your budget and how much power do you want to make.

redline
11-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
PM COOLSIR...he had a B16 Civic and had a very clean Turbo set-up on it...

he did a semi junk yard setup on his, but i just pulled the engine out of that car on the weekend :(

But you should see what is going back into it, in a couple of weeks... :drool:

legendboy
11-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Pm me your budget and I'll see what i can come up with for ya!

gpomp
11-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Pm me your budget and I'll see what i can come up with for ya!
legendboy turbo kits :thumbsup:

vegas2005baby
11-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore

what the fuck are you talking about, I drive a fucking Bimmer home boy.

EK 2.0
11-29-2004, 10:54 AM
^^^welcome back Spencer

ls/vtec-crx
11-29-2004, 11:54 AM
I think $7000 is a fair price for what you are getting:

Rev Hard Turbo Kit
Hondata S200 w/boost
Hondata P28 ECU w/obd2 conversion harness
RC Engineering 440cc Injectors
Walbro 255lph In-Tank Fuel Pump
Installed and tuned

These are all new parts so i think that's a fair price. Yeah let me know what your budget is! I can work some things out for you!

Superesc
11-29-2004, 12:21 PM
I spend around 7k too on my setup when all said and done. It really depends on what you want in your kit. Like others have said, Junkyard? or proper setup.

Talies R
11-29-2004, 01:24 PM
I would seriously consider talking to Legendboy, search for some pictures of his manifolds :drool:

Weapon_R
12-01-2004, 05:39 PM
You don't HAVE to build up your internals to boost ppl. Stop believing that crap that people are spewing. Just pay for some good tuning, and make sure that you don't overdo it. As for good turbo setups, I don't think you can beat Legendboys - he has a setup for all price ranges from 2k-7k

LUDELVR
12-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Man, all this talk about Legendboy's setups, manifolds and kits sounds a lot like he's trying to get free advertising! I think the mods should analyze this more closely!!:devil: :devil:

hahaha, :rofl: :rofl: just joking homie! :thumbsup:

Corey's shit is the shit. The guy's welding skills has grown exponentially since he made my manny 3 years ago. And the guy has a kick ass welder now too, so good welder, good skills equals some good quality shit! :thumbsup: My manny was good when he made it back then, and all the stuff he's making now can only get better.

Good shit man. :thumbsup:

But with regards to the setup, tuning is the key to running safe boost. :thumbsup:

buh_buh
12-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Yes tuning is the key to running safe boost, and even unsafe boost! Haha! I've been running 12psi for 2 years daily driven!

A790
12-05-2004, 01:39 PM
I love how this thread was split into two groups...

I will turbo the car, but for now I will spend my time saving cash and when I have it we'll see how things go.

Thanks for all the "feedback" guys! :)

RSX.04
12-12-2004, 06:28 AM
STRD quoted me around $5000 installed and tuned for a GReddy turbo kit for my RSX-S. I'll probably do it in less than a year. :thumbsup:

gpomp
12-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by RSX.04
STRD quoted me around $5000 installed and tuned for a GReddy turbo kit for my RSX-S. I'll probably do it in less than a year. :thumbsup: what kind of fuel management does that include?

redline
12-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
what kind of fuel management does that include?

i thought the greddy kit came with a hondata flash? :dunno:

Dick Starbuck
12-12-2004, 12:03 PM
actually e-manage.

Bucktown
12-14-2004, 09:41 PM
ya, all new greddy kits come with the emanage. previously, they came with the greddy "blue box"

what speedtech offered you for 7g's was a prett good deal. the labour on my project was just over 6 grand alone (mind you, i had a lot more done than slap on a kit)

that price you were quoted was with tuning, parts and install....good deal, as long a speedtech is reputable (im from edmonton...)

danno
01-03-2005, 04:22 PM
yeah i would go to speedtech, they've done quite a few civic turbos that i know of. if i turbo mine that's where i'm going. never had a problem with them with my engine install. good company

A790
01-04-2005, 03:11 AM
I was going to turbo but then I decided I want to import a 180sx from Japan. Since it already has a turbo, I'll be heading to Speedtech to modify it "slightly".

Heh...

I'm such a kid :)

Go4Long
01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
the problem with turbo-charging a civic is that you start with an economy car package...so you spend $7k on this economy car because it'll make it the fastest economy car out there(or at least the fastest one in your neighbourhood), then you gotta run safe boost, say 7psi, I've seen some dyno graphs on similar cars around that boost level that are still only pushing 200hp to the wheels. so now you've spent $7k on a car that will in fact still get it's ass handed to it by most cars on the road(let's be nice and say that a 200whp civic could run a mid 14 at 110mph).

starting with the 180 is a way better idea...if you get it through the right people(I recommend import concern, they brought my car in for me, good guys all around) you could have the car and a couple bucks left over to do it up all for under the 7 grand that the turbo kit woulda cost you, and with the right set of mods on the CA18 it should be able to beat that mid 14 no problem...

Aleks
01-04-2005, 10:16 AM
A civic or any car running 110 mph in a 1/4 mile should do a lot better than mid 14s. :eek:

redline
01-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
A civic or any car running 110 mph in a 1/4 mile should do a lot better than mid 14s. :eek:

and with a 110mph trap speeds you are going to be rockin a lot of cars on the street!!:drama:

Fuji
01-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You don't HAVE to build up your internals to boost ppl. Stop believing that crap that people are spewing. Just pay for some good tuning, and make sure that you don't overdo it. As for good turbo setups, I don't think you can beat Legendboys - he has a setup for all price ranges from 2k-7k

You should learn how to tune your own car. Then you have no one to blame if anything happens, plus you can fix any problems you see right away. Why pay someone, except for maybe rage tuning

A790
01-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Go4Long
the problem with turbo-charging a civic is that you start with an economy car package...so you spend $7k on this economy car because it'll make it the fastest economy car out there(or at least the fastest one in your neighbourhood), then you gotta run safe boost, say 7psi, I've seen some dyno graphs on similar cars around that boost level that are still only pushing 200hp to the wheels. so now you've spent $7k on a car that will in fact still get it's ass handed to it by most cars on the road(let's be nice and say that a 200whp civic could run a mid 14 at 110mph).

starting with the 180 is a way better idea...if you get it through the right people(I recommend import concern, they brought my car in for me, good guys all around) you could have the car and a couple bucks left over to do it up all for under the 7 grand that the turbo kit woulda cost you, and with the right set of mods on the CA18 it should be able to beat that mid 14 no problem...

Import Concern was the first thought that came to my head. I have met Christian once before and he seemed like a good guy so I figured I'd do business with him.