PDA

View Full Version : Laid-off... 'tis the season.

treg50
12-01-2004, 06:04 PM
:clap: .... :cry: .... :thumbsup:

Ironic how I started this thread ( Vacation Time and Work (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67143) ) a couple weeks ago isn't it... and now this happens. That's awesome! lol.

It's the ultimate way to solve all my vacation-day-scheduling issues: GETTING LAID-OFF. Of course, why didn't I think of that! Due to financial problems my company laid off some people for a total of 6 of us, and not for performance reasons that much is obvious.

Yup! So no need for me to worry about my vacation days. Got my severance package and it's pretty good. Several months of pay all in one shot. Hopefully I'll find a new job soon... as soon as I start looking that is. It's always be a wish of mine to have MORE free time during the Christmas season!! HAHAHA, and look at that! I have lots of free time to enjoy the season now!!

In another post I made in another thread regarding the current state of Christmas (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67623) I seemed to foreshadow this event again! Interesting! Oh well, it still doesn't change my 'important' Christmas wish list... thought it may affect my Christmas spending, which sucks because I would have liked to give as much as I could :thumbsdow

It's a blessing in disguise AND it's the break I've been waiting for. I wanted to quit months ago because I wasn't happy there, but I decided to wait it out for this situation: getting paid to leave. If I did just quit, I'd get zero. Still, this wasn't easy, I wanted this, BUT I didn't expect it at all --- never seen so many teary eyed people at my workplace... I wasn't fully happy there but I did have some friends there.

Oh well that's the way it goes. I'm moving on up! On to bigger, better, and brighter things for me! AND for reasons outside of work (because work isn't everything) this will still be the best Christmas ever!!!
:)

lint
12-01-2004, 06:09 PM
I know the feeling, was laid off earlier this year, was out of work for 3 months. Severance was pretty shitty, but at least I had my bonus to sit on too. But things work out in the end. Onto my second new job this year, and enjoy it much more than my first two.

Just relax for a bit and enjoy the time off.

Gspotracer
12-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Good for you:thumbsup: seems like an OK deal as long as you find another job

DUBBED
12-01-2004, 06:21 PM
If I ever lose my job I hope I can be that happy about it.

TrevorK
12-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
If I ever lose my job I hope I can be that happy about it.

Haha - exactly.

roopi
12-02-2004, 12:39 PM
What line of work are you in?

FiveFreshFish
12-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Apply for EI now, just in case you don't land your next job right away. It won't kick in for quite some time but it's a hassle to apply if it's past 28 days from when you got laid off. You can do it online once you receive your record of employment.