PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a '91 Lada Signet Wagon?

PsychoMan
12-01-2004, 07:54 PM
I have a 1991 Lada Signet station wagon... it's in really good shape (for a Lada). It's been my pride and joy for a while now, but I can't really afford the time and energy required to keep it in good condition for much longer... and I hate to see it just sit in my garage all winter.

So, I'm just testing the waters to see if there are any Lada fans here who are looking to augment their collection with this fine automobile. It's not for sale yet... I wouldn't sell it unless I could find the right buyer.

If you're interested, or know someone who might be, or if you just want to mock me for caring about a Lada, send me a message or respond to this thread.

Rockski
12-01-2004, 08:06 PM
yea i couldnt afford to fix mine either, but it was a decent car (samara) lada's rule man

Weapon_R
12-01-2004, 08:25 PM
HAHA two former LADA owners bragging about how good LADAs are ;)

I'm not looking for a LADA, but perhaps your best bet would be to post it in the marketplace. Given the good price of these cars, and winter coming quickly, someone is sure to pick it up as a beater if the price is right.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
yea i couldnt afford to fix mine either, but it was a decent car (samara) lada's rule man

That car was :bigpimp: . The only car i've rode in with Russian under-hood instuctions!

Texas
12-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Lol how much do you want for it? I have Russka friends who know those things inside and out:D

Rockski
12-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl

That car was :bigpimp: . The only car i've rode in with Russian under-hood instuctions!

that car kicked ass, i think it was the yellow calipers in the front and drum brakes in the back that made it go fast (and go at all) ;) :D

PsychoMan
12-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I'm not looking for a LADA, but perhaps your best bet would be to post it in the marketplace. Given the good price of these cars, and winter coming quickly, someone is sure to pick it up as a beater if the price is right.

Yeah... I can drive a car into the ground as well as anyone can. I'm more interested in connecting with someone who actually wants a decent Lada for collecting purposes or for an easy restoration project.

In terms of price, I don't have a good idea of what it's worth since I haven't seen one for sale in a few years. I'm guessing I would get somewhere between $600-$1000 for it. I paid $800 for an identical Lada a couple of years ago... but it wasn't in as good condition as this one. (I gave that one to my mom last year.)

For the record, here's a picture from a few years ago:
http://www.anttila.ca/michael/archive/vehicle_lada.jpg

bspot
12-02-2004, 11:51 AM
That is USSRDM hawtness! :bigpimp:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Where else can you get headlight-wipers for this cheap?

Originally posted by Rockski

that car kicked ass, i think it was the yellow calipers in the front and drum brakes in the back that made it go fast (and go at all) ;) :D

No way, it was the Magic Muffler Tape!

:rofl:

nox vomika
02-21-2005, 08:07 PM
hi,
I would like to know more about this vehicle and how much you are asking. I live in the tri-cities and would be interested in learning more about it as I have a Niva and enjoy it very much, however I am looking for something very inexpensive. Please email me at aheidman at softhome dot net. Thanks

brett Bunston
02-22-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi, if the signet is still available I am quite interested. I have owned two wagons in the past, an 86 and an 89 and for some reason I would like another one. I quess I am collecting them. I currently have a 93 Niva, a 91 niva pick up, and an 87 signet sedan with intentions of restoring all three, the wagon would complete the collection, let me know, thanks.

CobraGT
03-13-2005, 12:20 AM
i had a brown 87 signet about 7 years ago. so much road noise! the therostat went I had shell out $50 dollars for a new one.

lalunette
04-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Good evening!

Is the Lada still available ??

It looks EXACTLY like the 1986 Wagon I used to own and that my ex-wife made me sell... wonder why she's now the ex ??

Anyhow, if the wagon is still for sale I'd like to talk...

CalgarySupra
04-23-2005, 05:15 PM
thermostats run 50 dollars for one of those. on my camry station wagon $4

ZorroAMG
04-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Wow. An influx of lada owners bumping a lame thread once a month. Scary.

01RedDX
04-29-2005, 03:33 PM

Phy
04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Says the guy with Lenin for an avatar.

Mr. Burns
04-29-2005, 04:27 PM
HAHAHA I learned how to drive manual on a Lada Samara. I also learned how to destroy front end suspension on the same car. LOL bump for a moment of nostalgia.:D

Weapon_R
04-29-2005, 04:39 PM
http://www.lada.de/index_e.html

Hehehe - I figured they'd be cheaper though :confused: A new Lada Niva (which cranks out an astounding 80 HP and 128lbs of torque and has a 0-60 time of 19s) is 11,000 euros, or 18k Canadian.