PDA

View Full Version : LTD lowrider

mopar
12-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Just bought a 78 ford LTD. Plan on making it a cruiser. Need some tips on how low I should drop it. Not putting hydros on. Also, need some help finding shag carpet and how to cover the interior with it. This is my first time doing anything like this so I am pretty clueless when it comes to lowering and interior customizing. And, I plan on putting lights inside, so should I do blacklights or maybe some strobes? Anything would be helpful, even if it wasn't mentioned here. I would like to hear some other ideas from you guys.

freakin
12-02-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm assuming you don't want to spend money on it, but hydro's or air bags would be the way to go. But if it's ghetto that you're looking for:
Cut some coils off of the front springs
Depending on the back setup, you'll either have to cut some coils off if it has them, or if it's leafs, then you can put a block in between the axle and leaf (assuming the axle is on top of the leaf, otherwise you'll end up lifting it), or if the leaf pack has multiple leafs, you can take a couple out so that it sags more.

FYI, you're car is going to ride like ass after this though.

eeseen racing
12-02-2004, 02:02 PM
it would be leafs in the back an you can heat them up but thats just stupid spoend some $$ put on airbags not hydros and its done

Rikimaru
12-02-2004, 02:31 PM
1 do not cut the coils it will ruin your suspention instead heat the suspention so it will get soft then the car will rid lower, remember to do this whil your car is on the ground.

2 air bag suspention will be the better and it is better than hydroulics because hydrolics give you no suspention but with air bags you still get to rais and lower your car depending on the wether or situation

3 Shagg carpets you can get them at any carpet store

4 it needs to have a good paint job to be a real lowrider

5 dont forget to have fun:thumbsup:

Fire_chickin
12-02-2004, 05:40 PM
I've also seen guys use air shocks to give them some versatility. You can bleed them off for a lower look and boost em just as quick. All you need is the compressor at the gas station. Just a thought.

T5Bird
12-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Rikimaru
1 do not cut the coils it will ruin your suspention instead heat the suspention so it will get soft then the car will rid lower, remember to do this whil your car is on the ground.

2 air bag suspention will be the better and it is better than hydroulics because hydrolics give you no suspention but with air bags you still get to rais and lower your car depending on the wether or situation

3 Shagg carpets you can get them at any carpet store

4 it needs to have a good paint job to be a real lowrider

5 dont forget to have fun:thumbsup:

What planet are you from?? Heating coils is much better than cutting them??? :rolleyes: :nut: They are both hack approaches, but if you must lower it the budget way, cut the coils, do not by any means heat them. :thumbsdow

method
12-03-2004, 07:44 PM
dont do the thing horribly tacky. shag carpet? scchheeeww.. tweed man!

drop it on bags, you'd be surprised how many cars some companies make bag setups for...