PDA

View Full Version : Help Plz Asap

3G
12-02-2004, 07:58 PM
K so im sitting in sunridge mall parking lot listening to music. Then when Im about to start it up (didnt get to start it, still in accesory mode) it starts knocking (loud knocking) a couple times, i turned the key left and back into accesory mode and it still knocked. it did it a couple times then stopped. I drove it home no problem after that. btw its an 89 accord carburated.

dave101
12-02-2004, 08:15 PM
i think theres a little elf inside:dunno:

3G
12-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by dave101
i think theres a little elf inside:dunno:

stfu, serious replies only

rayoun
12-02-2004, 09:23 PM
is the noise coming from the hood? could you make a guess as to what it could be (what componenet, or what section of the hood)?
It maybe the solenoid, but that would really make no sense.
It could also be the starter, believe it or not.

3G
12-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by rayoun
is the noise coming from the hood? could you make a guess as to what it could be (what componenet, or what section of the hood)?
It maybe the solenoid, but that would really make no sense.
It could also be the starter, believe it or not.

sounds like the antenna, maybe i had something lying on the button (its right behind the gear shifter) and it did that :dunno:

rayoun
12-03-2004, 05:12 PM
And you don't have power antenna right? Is it making that noise anymore? If noct, what ever the heck it was, was electrical. I would check my fuses, then if i'm very very horrified check the wires itself. Get a wire short finder if you need. But it could just simply be something that will never happen again. If you do have power antenna, or any accesories, check for their physical damage, and make sure each functions individually. Otherwise leave it be, and forget that it ever happened. You didn't have your e-brake on did you? or was it just in gear? check your e-brake line also, as it could have been going, if it was on at the time. But it still would have no relavance to being on in the accesories mode.

3G
12-03-2004, 10:16 PM
thanks man! but i found the problem. I had my bong half sitting on the power window button that was the problem lol! :closed:

rayoun
12-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Well i'm glad that you found the problem !

blueripper6
12-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 3G
thanks man! but i found the problem. I had my bong half sitting on the power window button that was the problem lol! :closed:

theres 1 for the books...

AllGoNoShow
12-04-2004, 01:12 AM
damn blue beat me to it!!!

Primer_Drift
12-04-2004, 03:08 AM
^^ bahahaha awesome sig blue