PDA

View Full Version : speeding ticket...

DJ Lazy
12-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Ok. So I got the ticket about 20 mins ago... The address on my drivers licence is incorrect (haven't got it updated yet) so that is the address on the ticket, if I get my card updated before the trial, is there a chance that the ticket would get thrown out??

*yes i know there are lots of ticket thread... can't be assed this late at night to find them*

FiveFreshFish
12-03-2004, 02:55 AM
Probably not because the ticket written with incorrect information you (your license) provided. The cop would have to have screwed up something like getting the date or location of offense wrong.

ecstasy_civic
12-03-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Probably not because the ticket written with incorrect information you (your license) provided. The cop would have to have screwed up something like getting the date or location of offense wrong.

same thing happened to me, it was thrown out, but for a different reason lol.

your hooped man.

ryder_23
12-03-2004, 03:17 AM
when you get pulled over, they usually ask if thats the correct adress, if you lie to them its your fault. however, if they didnt ask you, its still not a big enough deal to get out of your ticket...Prettty much treat it as a valid ticket.

sputnik
12-03-2004, 08:07 AM
Treat it as a valid ticket.

I believe that not disclosing your new address on your license isnt looked too highly upon anyways. In Manitoba you had 2 weeks to get a license with a valid address otherwise you could get another ticket for driving with a license with incorrect information.

Besides your driving record is associated with your drivers license number. Not the address on it.

Are you really going to go and fight it by saying.

"This is the wrong address because I moved without telling you. So therefore I wasnt speeding"

DJ Lazy
12-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Treat it as a valid ticket.

I believe that not disclosing your new address on your license isnt looked too highly upon anyways. In Manitoba you had 2 weeks to get a license with a valid address otherwise you could get another ticket for driving with a license with incorrect information.

Besides your driving record is associated with your drivers license number. Not the address on it.

Are you really going to go and fight it by saying.

"This is the wrong address because I moved without telling you. So therefore I wasnt speeding"

Its not totally that... I know friends that have gotten off cuz there name was mispelled. Just curious to know if an address would act in the same way. I'm not saying that I wasn't speeding.

Khyron
12-03-2004, 09:35 AM
The fine for not having the correct address on your license has changed - it's very expensive now (over 200 bucks IIRC). A friend got nailed for expired registration and since his licence and reg didn't match the cop said he could ticket him for both (he just gave an expired reg ticket tho).

Khyron

MenteL
12-04-2004, 02:37 AM
The cop spelled my first, middle and last name wrong, put down an incorrect address and drivers liscense #, and I still lost. So, good luck to you, hope you get a happy judge.

DJ Lazy
12-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by MenteL
The cop spelled my first, middle and last name wrong, put down an incorrect address and drivers liscense #, and I still lost. So, good luck to you, hope you get a happy judge.

thats bullshit!!... :eek: the cop gave a ticket to someone that technically doesn't exist... especially wrong license #...

BULLSHIT!! :thumbsdow

theken
12-04-2004, 01:07 PM
he can write anything in the top portion of the ticket from what I have been told it doesnt matter, as long as he doesnt have the wrong codes or puts you in minor court if you are over 18 or puts you in adult court if you are under 18

DJ Lazy
12-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by theken
he can write anything in the top portion of the ticket from what I have been told it doesnt matter, as long as he doesnt have the wrong codes or puts you in minor court if you are over 18 or puts you in adult court if you are under 18

thats make no sense... well what you said makes sense, but the theory that he can completely fuck up all your personal info should void the ticket. they might aswell have a stamp with:

Name: Punk 18y/o kid
Address: da Streetz y0!

then fill in speeding or dui or whatever.. for the offence..

MenteL
12-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

thats bullshit!!... :eek: the cop gave a ticket to someone that technically doesn't exist... especially wrong license #...

BULLSHIT!! :thumbsdow yep. then i had to pay for an offence i never committed.

ryder_23
12-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by MenteL
yep. then i had to pay for an offence i never committed.

i'm calling b/s. There is no way a cop would screw so much up. Especially liscence number. Its right infront of them, they copy it, sure they make some mistakes, but not that extensive. And if it is true, that cop shouldnt be writing tickets