PDA

View Full Version : a slim person tryin to put on weight

Jacs
12-03-2004, 10:50 AM
know anyone who has been down that road or any tips of what would be pretty fattening?

for a person with lack of appetite throu feelin down a lot, and is naturally slim with fast metabolism but worries easily and that strips any weight off fast...............:cry:

:dunno: :dunno:

:burnout:

and what about what u can do at home if u cant get to a gym.........(our cheap one that u dont need to pay yearly doesnt open late no more)

I dont know, Ive heard its better gaining muscle mass????????

djayz
12-03-2004, 11:13 AM
eat a lot before you go to sleep
and to keep yourself from getting to fat go for a short run and do some pushups

also depends on your age ive known a lot of people that were as skinny as me and as soon as they hit over age 20-21 put on some good healthy weight and muscle mass and they didnt ever workout.

im skinny as well not too worried, just eat and do an exercise or two a day and wait until your time comes.

1badPT
12-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Its all about more.

Eat more.
Workout more.
Sleep more.

If you don't have access to a gym, do pushups, situps, running, skating whatever, you need some sort of activity to work your muscles. Granted you won't get the gains a powerlifter will but if you absolutely refuse to get a gym membership or weight training equipment, thats the consequence.

I'm in the same boat - I went through hell last week and lost 10 pounds, but I've gained a good portion of it back. Keep track of what you're eating so you know how much you're eating now, then eat more. Over the past few months I've been gaining weight consistently and mostly as muscle - and all of my gains I can attribute to the 3 things I listed above. Funny thing is, the more you work out, the more your appetite will grow, as well as your need and ability to sleep.

DUBBED
12-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Jacs
know anyone who has been down that road or any tips of what would be pretty fattening?

I used to be really skinny and was trying to put on weight just by eating more, and I have to advise against it. Do not just try and get fat, you will regret it dreadfully. It's a lot harder to lose that weight then gain it, work out properly and gain healthy weight.

Team_Mclaren
12-03-2004, 06:47 PM
i dont think you will ever be as bad as i am so dont worry, here's my story:

- eat a fuck load, especially late at night.
- lack of sleep 5 days out of the week.
- tons of sports, namely hockey, tennis, boarding, swimming etc. have been doing tons of sports since little.
- work at MCD, so i get free food there, eat a fuck load when i work (which was like 6 days a week during summer) ... suppose to get me fat accourding to that movie "supersize me", but after 2 years i still weight the same...
- hate working out... think its waste of time, but do go to the gym sometimes.. if not then just pushups, situps and stuff that i can do at home, i do that at least 3 times a week...

and the final result is im still shinny as hell :banghead: :banghead: ... so dont even worry about it, i have insane metabolism and just dont grow.. for now... oh and im 18..

Rockski
12-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED

It's a lot harder to lose that weight then gain it,

i actualy heard otherwise from my land lady who used to be up around 2 something and now is down to a buck 20 and in fitness competitions, i guess its takes alot of pizza 73:tongue:

if you wanna start gaining mass pick up a pre-digested whey protien shake and exersize regularly. build up some decent muscle mass man...

A_3
12-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

- tons of sports, namely hockey, tennis, boarding, swimming etc. have been doing tons of sports since little.
- work at MCD, so i get free food there, eat a fuck load when i work (which was like 6 days a week during summer) ... suppose to get me fat accourding to that movie "supersize me", but after 2 years i still weight the same...
- hate working out... think its waste of time, but do go to the gym sometimes.. if not then just pushups, situps and stuff that i can do at home, i do that at least 3 times a week...

and the final result is im still shinny as hell :banghead: :banghead: ... so dont even worry about it, i have insane metabolism and just dont grow.. for now... oh and im 18..

Haha do I hear you there. I've tried every diet possible for gaining weight, I don't think it's possible for myself. Done the fast food thing, eaten spread out meals, eaten glutenous meals, eaten before bed, eaten when I got up, slept 10 hours a night, made protien shakes, worked out, etc... I've always been fairly active but all that does is keep me in shape, no weight gain there. Stupid ridiculously high metabolism is a blessing and a curse (on the bright side I can eat amazing amounts of food and never worry) The best thing you can do is work out ALOT, eventually you will gain weight but you have to be super comitted and disciplined. Good luck man, if you find a way to gain weight other then that PLEASE pm me. :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
12-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Hey Playa...

In addition to what everybody else has said I would also suggest tracking your progress.

Take some measurements, either body fat or just length measurements of a couple of spots on your body that you care about.

Then every couple of months go back and re-take the measurements to see how you are progressing. Some people don't think they are gaining at all when they really are, this way you can see how far you have come.

Skyline_Addict
12-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

you're not skinny, you're just short :D;)
but for pure weight gaining, eat alot and then go straight to sleep. and sleep ALOT. basically, be a lazy fat pig!

FiveFreshFish
12-04-2004, 11:54 PM

Don't gain fat for the sake of just seeing a higher number on the scale.

You don't want to be a scrawny guy with skinny limbs and a big gut, because that's where the fat goes first.

Chim
12-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by A_3

Stupid ridiculously high metabolism is a blessing and a curse (on the bright side I can eat amazing amounts of food and never worry) The best thing you can do is work out ALOT, eventually you will gain weight but you have to be super comitted and disciplined. Good luck man, if you find a way to gain weight other then that PLEASE pm me. :thumbsup:

My metabolism sounds about the same as you, I don't think anyone I know can gain 45lbs straight and still have a 32" waist haha. But if you take what you have and use it to your advantage, skinny genes aren't bad.

BTW it doesn't take THAT much commitment and discipline to gain weight, it becomes routine after a while. The only sacrifices I've made are beer, junk food, 4 hrs a week at the gym, and probably 3hrs a day spent eating (where I multitask and study, watch tv, or whore on Beyond)

tsi_neal
12-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED

... It's a lot harder to lose that weight then gain it, work out properly and gain healthy weight.

This is going to GREATLY depend on the person. For all the high metabolism peeps who seemingly cant gain weight will loose anything they do gain the second they start moving around again.

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Don't gain fat for the sake of just seeing a higher number on the scale.

You don't want to be a scrawny guy with skinny limbs and a big gut, because that's where the fat goes first.

:werd:

the big ticket is to eat alot but keep it healthy while at the gym. When you eat garbage like mcD's you body will pretty much shit it out because its no good to ya. i think this is the big differnce between normal people and fast metabolism people, a normal persons body will try and store it while yours pretty much rejects it and burns off all the easy energy.
But when you eat healthy it gives your body something to work with. when you have alot of nutrients and proteints constantly coming into your system and are working more than usual the body will use these to build you up, as long as you need to be built up... ie eating lots and eating well NEEDS to be supplimented by physical activity (preferably weight lifting)

Jacs
12-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Sorry Im an idiot.

I should have explained, Im a girl………:D

And I think Ive gone past a wee point that’s hard to get up to and beyond again……….

I WAS doing well, and then I know what happened that made me lose a bit more – I gained a crush on a guy and for three weeks ate poorly because all I could think about was him, I had never felt so much emotion over someone before, so as u know, that feeling……..all u think about is them……..then I got over him and just couldn’t ‘lift’ myself beyond that point again……….so now that my stomach has shrunk a bit more, I never feel like eating a lot……..that and I think Im a bit down about my age too………..(that getting old thing) – so that coupled with all other natural is like ‘Holy Hotpants!’ :eek:

:cry:

plus pple can be so rude when ur skinny, they make comments left right and centre, no thought for how u feel.

Now I did hear that Billy Bob said eating late puts weight on, but I get verbally shot for that because Im told its not good for digestive system.
The weights thing……..I have discovered if I use those little hand weights which I have a pair off, any wee bit of fat on arms is burnt off and gives it a ‘scrawny muscle’ look for a while – whether that’s a stage you go through until you gain I don’t know, but that’s why I keep stopping.
plus any wee weight always stays round my middle..........and I have naturally thin ankles and wrists.

But as some of u have said, a bit of work out will give me appetite, so will try that again.

Thanks pple…….:)
:thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
12-06-2004, 04:05 AM
plus pple can be so rude when ur skinny, they make comments left right and centre, no thought for how u feel.

People are a lot ruder to fat people.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=66431

Jacs
12-06-2004, 04:17 AM
ach I know....:thumbsdow

its just that, here, nobody really gets picked on if they are big..........I am a person who never actually says anything about anyone's size, as I think their characters rock:thumbsup:

shame, thanks for postin that freshfish

ca2p3r
12-06-2004, 04:54 AM
im skinny, and i say workout continuously and just keep in shape...eventually your muscle tone will turn to mass and you will be bigger but enjoy the metabolism till then!

hockeybronx
12-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Sorry Im an idiot.

I should have explained, Im a girl………:D

And I think Ive gone past a wee point that’s hard to get up to and beyond again……….

I WAS doing well, and then I know what happened that made me lose a bit more – I gained a crush on a guy and for three weeks ate poorly because all I could think about was him, I had never felt so much emotion over someone before, so as u know, that feeling……..all u think about is them……..then I got over him and just couldn’t ‘lift’ myself beyond that point again……….so now that my stomach has shrunk a bit more, I never feel like eating a lot……..that and I think Im a bit down about my age too………..(that getting old thing) – so that coupled with all other natural is like ‘Holy Hotpants!’ :eek:

:cry:

Now I did hear that Billy Bob said eating late puts weight on, but I get verbally shot for that because Im told its not good for digestive system.
The weights thing……..I have discovered if I use those little hand weights which I have a pair off, any wee bit of fat on arms is burnt off and gives it a ‘scrawny muscle’ look for a while – whether that’s a stage you go through until you gain I don’t know, but that’s why I keep stopping.
plus any wee weight always stays round my middle..........and I have naturally thin ankles and wrists.

But as some of u have said, a bit of work out will give me appetite, so will try that again.

Thanks pple…….:)
:thumbsup:

Man all I could think about while reading your post is :drama:

First of all I think the best thing for you would be a little more confidence well actually a lot more. If you stop eating correctly for three weeks because of some punk guy then you need to consider your priorities.

Your health should be one of your top priorities, not how you look or some guy.

The only piece of advice I can give you was what I overheard when my mom and sister were watching America's Top Model or whatever it is.

Tyra Banks: "Girl you need to get rid of those calorie shakes, I had to eat barbeque ribs, potatoes and gravy to get this ass."

Until then just be happy with who you are:thumbsup:

legendboy
12-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Get older, drink alot of beer, don't move around much :D

You can also drink BOOST. That should put a few pounds on ya.

lastskpirate
12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
be like that chic on "mean chics"...protein bars....haha