PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best job for sommer?

Russo
12-03-2004, 09:41 PM
i upgrading now and planning to go to MRC next year and i was just wandering what s the best full time summer job out there?

Phuqu
12-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Spelling Bee Judge??

Ben
12-04-2004, 04:07 AM
For work during that time of the year I was going to suggest you apply to be a camp counselor or work day camps for the City... as it's a fun job, and it's outdoors, but they might have an issue with your inability to spell "Summer". :thumbsup: Just a heads up ;)

Mckenzie
12-06-2004, 12:24 PM
The City of Calgary hands down. You get either a 3 or 4 day work week, wicked pay, benefits, and its a great job in any department.

START WATCHING IN JANUARY for postings, not the end of april because they will already have hired everyone by then.

finboy
12-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
The City of Calgary hands down. You get either a 3 or 4 day work week, wicked pay, benefits, and its a great job in any department.

START WATCHING IN JANUARY for postings, not the end of april because they will already have hired everyone by then.

:werd:

city jobs rule, last 2 summers i have worked for the parks department and made a good wage doing stupidly easy work (weed wacking, watering sod, etc.) and you still get 3-4 days off a week :bigpimp:

Dave P
12-06-2004, 03:55 PM
maybe start working a summer job in the industry you want to be in?

I wanted to end up in insurance which i am now, but while in school i worked as a file bitch. shitty work, but good pay and valuble experience

buh_buh
12-06-2004, 03:59 PM
gigolo

turbo'dGSR
12-06-2004, 04:03 PM
work at a golf course doing maintenance. early morning=early finish in the afternoon leavin plenty of sunshine to be enjoyed. pretty decent pay around $10 at most courses
:thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
12-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Meter maid. Hot outfits.

turbo'dGSR
12-06-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Meter maid. Hot outfits.

i assume Russo is a guy....maid, hot outfit?...dont know about that.:barf:

ZorroAMG
12-06-2004, 05:59 PM
I assumed so as well, hence the implied sarcasm. I'll remember to use the brackets next time: [You must be popular with the chess club at your school]

Gondi Stylez
12-09-2004, 08:39 PM

is there a specific website or is it just posted on the cityofcalgary website?

i cheked coulndt find much

autospeed
12-10-2004, 01:50 AM
yea i've heard a lot of great stuff about the city of calgary jobs. i myself work at earls and am lovin it. for a summer job its pretty awsome, hours kinda suck but are fairly negotiable and u can usually find someone to cover a shift. plus requests for days off are taken pretty well and it works out. u learn how to cook and I don't know any other job where you can do the powder slap from the movie how high to your buddy and not get in shit for it but have your night leader actually laugh and join in.

finboy
12-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

not sure about the website, but last time i checked, the job applications are at the main floor of city hall

mo_virgin
12-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Outdoor Lifeguard! THe City pays very well, and those never a shortage of good looking girls.

lastskpirate
12-10-2004, 04:22 AM
anyone know what the wage is for a job with the city of calgary?
and what benefits do they provide...i have never encountered a summer job with benefits before

ricosuave
12-10-2004, 09:37 AM
um, i think it depends on the job :rolleyes:

why not look online at calgary.ca, under career opportunities and have a look?

ricosuave
12-10-2004, 09:39 AM

well you didnt look very god damn hard :rolleyes:

Mckenzie
12-10-2004, 06:26 PM
You have to go to the individual job posting. They ALL have wages.

I know waterworks starts at over $15/hour now

Gondi Stylez
12-12-2004, 03:47 PM
You have to go to the individual job posting. They ALL have wages.

I know waterworks starts at over $15/hour now

i went to career oppurtunites and they had nothing for seasonal workers, and i even went to that seasonal section and no postings. even did a search?!

anybody got a direct link, but im gonna call HR tomorrow anyways! waterworks sounds fun!!

ricosuave
12-12-2004, 08:23 PM

i went to career oppurtunites and they had nothing for seasonal workers, and i even went to that seasonal section and no postings. even did a search?!

anybody got a direct link, but im gonna call HR tomorrow anyways! waterworks sounds fun!!

um, maybe because they havent posted yet? :rolleyes:

the poster above said january is the time when they come out.

and good luck getting into any tech/trade job with the city without experience.

Gondi Stylez
12-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
um, maybe because they havent posted yet? :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: thanks ass

the poster above said january is the time when they come out.

no they didnt and plus i was just asking

and good luck getting into any tech/trade job with the city without experience.

i know ppl who have worked for the city who are at Univ w/o any specific experience! but if ur talking about general work experience i have quite a bit of that, most notably asst. supervisior at london drugs for 2 years! so quit being such an asshole and stop assuming that i have no work experience!

All HAIL THE ALL MIGHTTY RICOSUAVE... :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsdow:banghead:

ricosuave
12-12-2004, 10:36 PM
<<i went to career oppurtunites and they had nothing for seasonal workers, and i even went to that seasonal section and no postings. even did a search?!

anybody got a direct link>>

- you were at the right place, there were no postings! dont know why you need a direct link since you found it aready or to call hr and bother them tomorrow about it - there are NO postings available right now! and one of the other posters told you that they 'generally' come out in late january. its december. does that surprise you as to why they arent there?

<<i know ppl who have worked for the city who are at Univ w/o any specific experience! but if ur talking about general work experience i have quite a bit of that, most notably asst. supervisior at london drugs for 2 years! so quit being such an asshole and stop assuming that i have no work experience!>>

-im not assuming you have no experience. im telling you that you will have a hard time getting into waterworks, or a 'trade' divisions without any applicable experience. there arent many jobs in a division like that that you could use london drugs as experience. and the fact that its only seasonal makes it that much harder for you - in waterworks and divisions like that. you might do well in parks or something, but i was just saying that youll need luck to get into waterworks. i should know.

and im not being all high and mighty. im just telling you how it is, so you dont get youre hopes up.

and besides, if you know people who work for the city with no real experience, why dont you ask them how they got their jobs?

rico

DEATH2000
12-16-2004, 07:35 PM
If ypu want a good summer job work at the stampede, they usually need part-time people. usually working the game booths (so easy to do), its kinda slack. but im not sure of the wages