PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Prelude electrical question

laa
12-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone.
I've got a 1992 Honda Prelude and my tail lights have recently stopped working. My head lights work fine and my lights work fine when braking, but there is absolutely nothing in the way of tail light function.
Anyone ever had this problem? Was it a simple fix, like something I can actually get to (I have no wiring diagrams or anything useful in that regard)? I looked at my fuses, but nothing is labeled to indicate tail lights and the few fuses I did check were fine.
Any thoughts or recommendations on how to go about fixing this, or what tools manuals I might need? I imagine it's only a matter of time before I get pulled over and I can't really avoid driving at night (nor do I want to pay a mechanic if I don't have to).

Thanks.

Nav13
12-04-2004, 12:40 PM
this may sound stupid but may save some troubles in the long run if it is really this simple, but just replace the bulbs, its unlikely they would die out at the same time, but you never know. Other then that sorry man I dont have a clue.

b16ingp
12-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Check 10amp fuse at location 13. Under dash, that is kind of a main fuse. So I doubt its blown.
There is also a 20amp fuse at location 42 under hood.

Replace your tail light bulbs, and if they still don't work. Try cleaning the contacts. I had the same problem on my 91 civic not long ago.

laa
12-05-2004, 10:36 PM
I actually found which fuse it was yesterday. It was the 20 amp fuse labeled 'small light' (or something weird like that) in the box under the hood. This is probably the one b16ingp is talking about in position 42. All was well once I replaced it.