PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen or used this BOV???

servingGod
12-05-2004, 12:50 AM
http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wrx/blow.htm

theken
12-05-2004, 12:16 PM
looks pretty good

b16ingp
12-05-2004, 12:38 PM
APS is a wicked company, everything they sell has a tonne of research behind it.

EK 2.0
12-05-2004, 12:50 PM
isn't that smiliar in operation to a SSQ??...one smaller valve/opening for small dumps...vs. larger port, or double valve for higher psi/cfm dumps??

atomic
12-05-2004, 02:37 PM
y do u want a blow off valve on a Mass Air sensor??

get a recirculating valve . so you don't lose the measured air and slow your motor down (flood) between shifs.

servingGod
12-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I agree with having a BPV on a MAF system, but a BOV really does not harm the performance that much. And I was thinking since this does both it would have even less of a performance decrease than a flat out BOV. The BOV side of this valve only works at WOT so you don't have rough running during normal driving conditions since it is essentially a BPV. I am just thinking this valve gives you the best of both worlds, and with the dual port it is able to exhaust all the excess boost quickly, which is good since my high boost setting is set at 28 psi. The way I see it the primary port puts what air it can back into the system under high boost, while the secondary port ensures that all the excess boost is exhausted between shifts. If you just had a BPV that was inadequate to exhaust all the excess boost you would still have a performance decrease do to some boost still in the system when you shift into the next gear. That’s the way I see it anyway, let me know if there is something that would shoot my theory out the window.