PDA

View Full Version : woooow damaged their car tonight!!?

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 01:50 AM
well as we all know, tonight has been a nasty night on the roads! TIME TO VENT!
the civic, well to say the least isn't the best with 15% left on summer tires,

the civic is officially out of commission the same day im parking it as my winter jeep is ready! but i guess i waited to long and i ended up sliding along the good old curb on 50 AVE by chinook!

long story sort, thank god i didn't slide all the way into traffic!
and thank god for FLAT BEDS! fuckin AMA wouldn't tow my car after she got it up!

is there a rule of thumb on towing lowered cars?????

well anywho i'll post pics of the baby tomorrow :(
I HOpe everyone makes out safe tonight

jonny

djayz
12-05-2004, 01:57 AM
sorry to hear that man :(

yah roads are rough i saw a semi's trailer slide into someones SUV on 16th ave on the deerfoot overpass and also a few cars being towed and what not

It may look like a little bit of snow but with the temperature being cold after a day of wet snow, its gonna be icy.

Drive safe.

t-im
12-05-2004, 03:04 AM
around chinook was soo icy..tires spinning and almost got stuck turning at the lights out of the parking lot

eb0i
12-05-2004, 04:18 AM
yeah tonight was brutal, I saw a Neon with its front right wheel snapped off from hitting the curb after a left turn....ouch.

That's too bad about your car Jonny I hope it is alright!

Hash_man
12-05-2004, 04:31 AM
is there a rule of thumb on towing lowered cars?????

I dunno, when I had to get my car towed before it was lowered, the guy thought it was, and said its a good thing I had him doing it, and not a flatbed... apparently the flatbed people have little or no training so they can really mess up your car if they do something wrong. He said he can usually tow lowered cars, BTW this was AMA.

And yea, tonight was pretty brutal, I had fun almost sliding backwards out of a parking lot because the ramp getting in was too steep.

A790
12-05-2004, 11:28 AM
I couldn't get up the hill on the 32nd avenue and 16th st. intersection... it was kind of comical actually :rolleyes:

3G
12-05-2004, 11:37 AM
icey roads and high curbs do not mix :( slammed into a curb too

almost spun out on 52nd by 14th ave and hit a cavalier

awd
12-05-2004, 11:55 AM
HAR HAR HAR, thank god for awd.

blueripper6
12-05-2004, 12:16 PM
LOL Cyclone.. is he still selling his car? more shameless AWD plugs:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anyways.. i was drunk last night, walking was pretty tough, especially when you are trying not to spill your drink.

I think driving would have been pretty much the same experience.

sexualbanana
12-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Dude, I thought u parked the civic a month ago?

LittleAngel
12-05-2004, 12:31 PM
roads were crap, mckenzie looked like a skating rink. 22x was ice

and i was in shawnessy and on 162nd ave was so icy, that nobody could get up the hill... i was stuck on that hill trying to get up for 10 minutes, car is lowered so i couldnt go up on the curb :(

I hope roads are better today.

Seanith
12-05-2004, 12:41 PM
This is why I changed to my winters teh first time it snowed like crazy in october.. november was nice but better safe than sorry right?

EK 2.0
12-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by blueripper6
LOL Cyclone.. is he still selling his car? more shameless AWD plugs:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

anyways.. i was drunk last night, walking was pretty tough, especially when you are trying not to spill your drink.

I think driving would have been pretty much the same experience.

yeah I'm still selling it...:cry:

wait...that reminds me...need to go and bump...hahahahaha

schurchill39
12-05-2004, 12:58 PM
It rained here in Medicine Hat before it snowed and the temperature droped. It was brutal. Every where was litterally a sheet of ice it was harsh. It was funny though watching people spin out. I just hope this winter is short

vietdood
12-05-2004, 01:02 PM
i put my 240 away back in october when it first snowed :thumbsup:

MM99lude
12-05-2004, 01:22 PM
ah shit jonny that sucks. So 2 rims pretty much done? Well at least you got an excuse now for some bigger rims:thumbsup:

BTW Post some pics of the new winter beater... I wanna see what our handy work finally looks like.

CRXguy
12-05-2004, 01:28 PM
i saw an idiot last in a civic last night pulling a "drift" by ogden. went sideways into the curb and was still able to drive after. :dunno: :rofl:

fast95pony
12-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
well as we all know, tonight has been a nasty night on the roads! TIME TO VENT!
the civic, well to say the least isn't the best with 15% left on summer tires..

i ended up sliding along the good old curb on 50 AVE by chinook!

Why vent ?? Driving in Calgary in December with bald summer tires is asking for trouble.

You owned yourself !!

I hope the damage isn't too expensive..:(

3G
12-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
This is why I changed to my winters teh first time it snowed like crazy in october.. november was nice but better safe than sorry right?

Winter tires are for pussies :angel:

lam-boy
12-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 3G

says the guy who slid in to the curb :burnout: :angel:

sexualbanana
12-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
i saw an idiot last in a civic last night pulling a "drift" by ogden. went sideways into the curb and was still able to drive after. :dunno: :rofl:

Hey man, it's still good. Tires are just a little wobbly. Gives my rims a psychadelic look when they spinnin yo. :rofl:

Really, it wasn't me.

camero
12-05-2004, 03:05 PM
I pulled an awesome drift in my wifes Civic last night when leaving from Chruch! Bunch of people saw me, it was so nice. Cop pulled me over couple mins later and gave me a $150 stunting ticket! Good to see CPS is doing their jobs! :thumbsup:

sexualbanana
12-05-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by camero
I pulled an awesome drift in my wifes Civic last night when leaving from Chruch! Bunch of people saw me, it was so nice. Cop pulled me over couple mins later and gave me a $150 stunting ticket! Good to see CPS is doing their jobs! :thumbsup:

PWNED!

ryder_23
12-05-2004, 03:15 PM

150$ for stunting? Musta lowered ticket prices for the xmas season :rofl:

Jynx
12-05-2004, 03:23 PM

Your the first person ive seen that isint pissed about getting a ticket?!?! :confused:

ryder_23
12-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Jynx

Your the first person ive seen that isint pissed about getting a ticket?!?! :confused:

My last ticket i got i wasnt pissed off...why? b/c i was speeding, so its my fault, and who am i gonna blame? the police, no, there just doing there job.

Jynx
12-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

My last ticket i got i wasnt pissed off...why? b/c i was speeding, so its my fault, and who am i gonna blame? the police, no, there just doing there job.

Which is true, however most people dont think like this...
Most people will say the cops have nothing better to do etc..
and/or come up wit some sort of excuse as to why they were doin something illegal and why they SHOULDNt have gotten the ticket.

camero
12-05-2004, 04:14 PM
The ticket should of been $500 big ones but the cop was nice, we ended up talking after. I was stunting, I deserved it. :dunno:

If you don't want to pay, don't do bad shit. Easy.

Seanith
12-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 3G

And people who prefer not to drift into curbs and larger objects. My buddy was running on bald tires and slide into a bus. Pretty much insurance has been too high for him to drive for the past 3 years. Something to think about when you don't want to be a pussy :rofl:

awd
12-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by 3G

We are laughing at you.

3G
12-05-2004, 06:17 PM
I was joking if you guys did't catch that by now. Haha

DJ Lazy
12-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Roads are still fucking horrid... decided I roll up to 7/11 for some Taquitos :drool: ... was that ever a bad Idea... put my life in my own hands just for some processed goodness... But damn were they ever good... :thumbsup:

Not looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow.. gonna have to leave like 45mins-1hr early i think... :thumbsdow

szw
12-05-2004, 07:04 PM
i didn't think it was that bad, if u drive carefully and were prepared for it.

Some idiot in a truck was tailgating me in the left lane, he goes into the right lane and its a red light, I stop, he slides out into the middle of the intersection and just misses all the cars going thru the intersection.

That.Guy.S30
12-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

yeah I'm still selling it...:cry:

wait...that reminds me...need to go and bump...hahahahaha

haha dude i saw you and that mazdaspeed on my way home. 68th and applewood dr. i was the silver subaru wagon turning in. lol nice hood scoop

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Dude, I thought u parked the civic a month ago?

i did, i was driving it from my mechanic shop to my dads warehouse because it had to be moved and i had to grab my jeep because it just got insured! What a bad day to move it!
totally didn't see the roads being that bad till i slid into the intersection! ooo well she's offically parked now!!!

-jonny

the funny thing is i gave away my winters to a friend for the time being and was going to put them on my car before leaving work, but wow he got into a fender bender and i wasn't able to put them on! ooo well damage isn't too bad, i went and looked at my car today! nothing that alberta wheel repair can't rix for 200 bux!
I was only going 15 KM if that! and still managed to slide onto meaclod trail. Thank god i didn't get hit,

while i waited for the tow truck, i saw 6 cars slide around at that intersection :thumbsdow

EK 2.0
12-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

haha dude i saw you and that mazdaspeed on my way home. 68th and applewood dr. i was the silver subaru wagon turning in. lol nice hood scoop

oh yeah I noticed you too...the horrid weather makes you notice other AWDvehicles on the road...

thanks for the compliments...

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

oh yeah I noticed you too...the horrid weather makes you notice other AWDvehicles on the road...

thanks for the compliments...

damn you AWD jerks! hahaha i only wish! One of these days!

i have to say i saw some stupid drivers yesterday! you would think people in calgary know how to drive after all this time!!!

Chester
12-05-2004, 08:49 PM
I almost slid into a intersection:eek: I was shittin my pants

1-Bar
12-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

lol...another spotted, gj Cyclone!!

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

lol...another spotted, gj Cyclone!!

who needs AWD when you got the newwwwwww winter mobile!!!

and now introducing my freshly painted! dirty jeep named "marshmallow"

i'll crush you arif! hahah

Kaos
12-05-2004, 10:43 PM
talk about your train of bad luck man.
Your car and your moms 7 series.

Good thing you got your Jeep out now.
:thumbsup:

7thgenvic
12-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
talk about your train of bad luck man.
Your car and your moms 7 series.

Good thing you got your Jeep out now.

hahaha yep, total bad weekend good thing it wasn't the weekend before finals! KNOCK on wood!!!

5.9 R/T
12-07-2004, 06:15 PM
I did a nice 180 while turning a corner down a hill. Back end just slid right out.

awd
12-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Watch out pedestrian hippies, I am coming for you.

http://icerace.shocauto.com/images/Andy-tires4.jpg

http://icerace.shocauto.com/images/Andy-tires2.jpg

7thgenvic
12-08-2004, 12:57 AM
HOLY GOD< your fucking kidding me!!!!!! hahahaha dem things are ssscccary!!!

finboy
12-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by awd

that is SO cool :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Phy
12-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Sweet mother of mercy, you could climb TREES with those tires.

CalgaryB5
12-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Can even climb up on a Hummer that parked on the side street.:hitit:

import_illusion
12-08-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by awd

:eek: where did u get those tires?!?

finboy
12-08-2004, 01:22 AM
i wonder how many people you would take out if you did a burnout with those tires

joseph
12-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Whoa :eek: those r sweet but how are u gonna drive on the parts that aren't icy?

ryder_23
12-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by joseph
Whoa :eek: those r sweet but how are u gonna drive on the parts that aren't icy?

you'd be sparking like crazy, that would be nuts :rofl:

take those tires up to shuswap lake this winter...stick like glue :thumbsup:

Kirbs17
12-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Those tires would make winter driving amazing, holy hell. Youd stick better than anything on the road. damn.

AcuraTl
12-08-2004, 06:58 PM
would it not be funny going over freshly paved asphalt with those tires?? lol

Kirbs17
12-08-2004, 10:31 PM
fresh asphalt on a warm day.. lol sink right in

Kirbs17
12-08-2004, 10:31 PM
fresh asphalt on a warm day.. lol sink right in

Foz
12-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by awd
HAR HAR HAR, thank god for awd.

you mean AWD and snow tires..

Foz
12-08-2004, 11:10 PM
The ticket should of been $500 big ones but the cop was nice, we ended up talking after. I was stunting, I deserved it. :dunno:

If you don't want to pay, don't do bad shit. Easy.

damnit, how are we suppose to do scoobnuts err doughnuts and drifting in empty parking lots..

need to brush up on safety winter driving .. that's what'd I'd say.