PDA

View Full Version : 997 cabrio

962 kid
12-05-2004, 02:18 AM
America’s Most Popular 911 to be Available in Both Carrera and Carrera S Models
ATLANTA, Dec. 6, 2004 --- Porsche today announced it will launch the latest versions of the 911 Cabriolet, traditionally the most popular 911 model sold in America, in the first quarter of 2005. Based on the 911 Carrera and Carrera S Coupes released earlier this year, the 2005 911 Carrera Cabriolet and Carrera S Cabriolet feature a wider range of standard equipment and offer higher levels of performance and safety than any previous standard open-top 911 model.

For open-air driving pleasure and convenience, both new 911 Cabriolet models are equipped with an electronic soft top that opens or closes in just 20 seconds and can be deployed or retracted with the car moving at up to 30 mph (50 km/h). To protect its heated glass window, the top retracts in a Z-configuration with its outer side facing up. To protect occupants from the rain, the top’s new sills above the doors guide water into a specially developed door seal duct in the A-pillar.

By incorporating such features as Porsche Stability Management (PSM), Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including the Porsche Sound Package Plus (CD radio with nine speakers), larger wheels, and a wind deflector, as standard equipment which were previously options, the new 911 Carrera Cabriolet represents greater value than its predecessor.

Exclusive to the new 911 Cabriolets is the greater extension of the rear spoiler. To minimize front and rear axle lift at high speeds resulting in greater driving safety, the speed-dependent rear spoiler extends 0.8 of an inch (20mm) further than the spoiler on the new 911 Coupes. At the same time, the drag coefficient on the new Cabriolets has been lowered to 0.29, making them leaders in their class for aerodynamic efficiency.

The 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is powered by the same 3.8-liter, 355 horsepower (SAE), flat-six cylinder engine as the new 911 Carrera S Coupe. It propels the car from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in just 4.9 seconds. For optimum handling, the Carrera S Cabriolet incorporates the same Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) system fitted on the Carrera S Coupe as standard equipment (the system is an option on the Carrera Cabriolet). PASM allows the driver to select between the comfort of a Grand Touring car and the track-ready precision of a genuine high performance sports car at the touch of a button. The 911 Carrera Cabriolet is equipped with the new Carrera Coupe’s 3.6-liter, 325 horsepower (SAE) flat-six engine that powers the car from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) in a quick 5.2 seconds. Both models achieve the same top track speed – 177 mph (285 km/h) for the Carrera Cabriolet and 182 mph (293 km/h) for the Carrera S Cabriolet – as their 911 Carrera Coupe counterparts despite a greater weight of more than 180 lbs. (85 kg.).

For optimum occupant safety, both new Carrera Cabriolets are equipped with the Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP) system comprising head and thorax airbags for both driver and front seat passenger. Also standard are two full-size frontal airbags and three-point seat belt latch tensioners and belt force limiters for the front seats. Rollover safety features include two ultra-strong steel tubes in the A pillars and two supplemental safety bars located behind the rear seats that automatically deploy in the event of a rollover.

The 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet and Carrera S Cabriolet will be introduced to the United States and Canada in mid March of 2005 at a price of $79,100 US and $115,650 CDN for the Carrera Cabriolet and $88,900 US and $129,900 CDN for the Carrera S Cabriolet. Both models will debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/997_cabriolet_01_r.jpg

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/997_cabriolet_02_r.jpg

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/997_cabriolet_03_r.jpg

C4S
12-05-2004, 02:29 AM
:drool: :drool:

Hash_man
12-05-2004, 04:40 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :clap: :clap:

hyperwhite
12-05-2004, 05:23 AM
for some reason i dont find it as sexy as the hardtop :confused:

habsfan
12-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by hyperwhite

:werd: same here, i think coupe looks so much hotter

badseed
12-05-2004, 11:10 AM
:werd: definetly the coupe

Redlyne_mr2
12-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
:werd: 911 cabs have never done it for me, doesnt matter what gen it is.Thats what the boxster is for

statick
12-05-2004, 09:45 PM
C4S =:drool:

i always loved these cars, good perofrmance, luxurious, awd for winter:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nismodrifter
12-05-2004, 10:19 PM
I'll take a hardtop plz.....never really liked the look of the cabrios...

ZorroAMG
12-05-2004, 10:39 PM
I agree wuth Redlyne, UNLESS it's a speedster...

max_boost
12-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

:werd: 911 cabs have never done it for me, doesnt matter what gen it is.Thats what the boxster is for :werd: I would buy a Boxster before the 911 Cab, not because that's all I can afford, probably people think it's a Boxster anyway! haha

911, coupe only please.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
12-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by statick
C4S =:drool:

i always loved these cars, good perofrmance, luxurious, awd for winter:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
997's are no longer available in AWD which IMo is awesome. RWD is so much more involved and exciting.

statick
12-06-2004, 11:25 PM
^this is tru, but awd version would work all year round with relatively no problems.