PDA

View Full Version : poor new car

sillyd
12-06-2002, 02:22 AM
Driving thru downtown with my gf tonight in my sister's civic lx. sold mine (long story). only 1300kms on it so far but i raced some guy in a precidia. At first i heard the rap music and whatever and didn't think this guy would go, but every light it was on. Of course i lost every time but not by much.
I'm impressed, i actually got some good races out of the guy.
A refreshing change from all the ( ) too scared to have a little fun pushing their car.

...but probably not the best way to break in my sisters new car...oops

Melinda
12-06-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by sillyd

...but probably not the best way to break in my sisters new car...oops

Haha, don't tell her, she'll kill you. I know I would! j/k :D

Melinda

boi-alien
12-06-2002, 02:28 AM
i've heard different stories about hard break ins. some people's cars seem to be more powerful with hard breakins... not 100% sure on this though

szw
12-06-2002, 02:41 AM
Everyone has a different theory. Some people like to break it in hard, so if something breaks, it'll likely happen during the warranty period.

Personally I just took it easy. Still taking it relatively easy since its almost winter, i'm at 2200km now

got M
12-06-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by crxboi
i've heard different stories about hard break ins. some people's cars seem to be more powerful with hard breakins... not 100% sure on this though
Yah wtf? thats what I heard 2. but arnt your rings being seated andisnt it bad for the walls??

N E 1 want to tuch this??:dunno:

MerfBall
12-06-2002, 09:21 AM
Think the manufacturers would know best. They do have the most experience with the cars after all. So I say follow the good book ;).

GTS Jeff
12-06-2002, 06:48 PM
theres no way an engine can get more powerful with more wear and tear...the only thing i can think of is that the ecu might be trained a bit more aggressively if u break it in hard..

[GaGe]
12-06-2002, 07:32 PM
hard breakins damage the engine.. hide it from your sister and pretend it never happened. :rofl: she's gonna kick your ass dude.