PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate hit-n-run people!!!!

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Anywho another interesting story, i know there was a hit and run discusion last week, but you never think i'll happen to you and then it does!
Thursday last week in the shawnee area, my mothers said someone "dented her new car" haha so i got it washed and discovered it wasn't just a little dent!

Guess they got scared they hit a 2005 745Li

:guns: to the bastard who can't be responsible for their careless driving!

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 09:34 PM

t-im
12-05-2004, 09:35 PM
ouch...

that basically means a new door panel right?

or no?

goodluck with that!

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by t-im
ouch...

that basically means a new door panel right?

or no?

goodluck with that!

hahaha im guess so, i don't think those doors are cheap either!!! :thumbsdow

statick
12-05-2004, 09:40 PM
sucks to hear that man. hope the repairs are relatively cheap.

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by statick
sucks to hear that man. hope the repairs are relatively cheap.

i just don't understand, like if you hit someones car you stick around and i know lots of people said they would stay so i guess i take back my statement of thinking that most people are responsible, im really surprised the alarm didn't go off.

marq-jt
12-05-2004, 09:49 PM
ohh i know for sure this will cost you alot....those type of cars man hope ur insurance covers it... but good luck u shold get an estimate... im guessing you guys are but just saying...

benyl
12-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Somebody hit my mom's van at Church of all places and didn't stick around... I have no faith in people.

statick
12-05-2004, 09:50 PM
i guess no matter where u go, wut u do , and wut its concerning, u'll ahce irresponsible inconsiderate assholes.

frozenrice
12-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Somebody hit my mom's van at Church of all places and didn't stick around... I have no faith in people.

Probably the pastor's messed up teenage son that did it......

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by benyl

hahah you would think at church out of all places the person would stick around! thats BRUTAL, i know insurance will cover it! but it has american plates on it, so it needs to be repaired back in oregon :thumbsdow

when something like this happens you always wish that you were near the car only to see them try to drive off before you can do something!

GT2NV
12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
my ex's friend hit a car in the mrc parking lot and ran away:thumbsdow it pissed me the hell off when i heard that

finboy
12-05-2004, 10:34 PM
thats fucking weaksauce man, repairs won't be cheap either :thumbsdow

t-im
12-05-2004, 10:42 PM
have you seen half the type of people who are supposide "church" goer's?...

:rofl:

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 10:45 PM
that the funny part was my mom was like "jonny someone dented my car" that a freeking HUGE DENT!

either a young kid! orrr ya i would think that a older person would leave their #

the one time my e-brake came off, my car rolled into a sunfire, no damage, but i left a note and the girl called me the next day and told me there was 400 dollars damage and told me to pay her cash, yet when i talked to her father, he said their was nothing but a little scratch on the cheap unpainted saturn bumper, so didn't ever hear anything back!

it was that easy!

camero
12-05-2004, 11:40 PM
From the looks of it I can't really tell if the fender was hit too but if its just the door panel, it'll be around 2 grand. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, idiots these days.

Sorath
12-05-2004, 11:47 PM
fuck that sucks, i got rear ended too, fucking hit and runners, die!

NickGT
12-05-2004, 11:56 PM
Hit and Runners SUCK!

Then there's the fuckers that give false information.

2 weeks ago a cyclist came flying around a corner and smoked by my mom in her 4Runner (she was leaving a parking lot, not even going 5km/h)... Huge scratches all along the front bumper. Completely his fault, he admited. But he gave false information so now it seems she's stuck with the 400 dollar repair bill. (2004 4Runner).

People suck.:thumbsdow

lam-boy
12-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by NickGT
Hit and Runners SUCK!

2 weeks ago a cyclist came flying around a corner and smoked by my mom in her 4Runner (she was leaving a parking lot, not even going 5km/h)... Huge scratches all along the front bumper. Completely his fault, he admited. But he gave false information so now it seems she's stuck with the 400 dollar repair bill. (2004 4Runner).

yep right there, stupid bitch who backed up into me gave me false info.

she has no insurance and I see her dirving on the road..:thumbsdow

Z_Fan
12-06-2004, 12:22 AM
Well, I'm not surprised that the moron who hit your Mom's car didn't stick around.

I really can't see why people are so shocked or surprised. For the most part, people don't give a shit about your personal property. Especially if you are driving around in a BMW 745. Hell, that means you surely must have lots of money to fix it? That's what is going through their little brains. :dunno:

My Mother-In-Law had someone at the Superstore who hit her and caused $800 damage. Didn't fess up to it - just took off. And no one saw anything. I'm sure people saw it, but they just (for the most part) don't give a shit if it doesn't affect them directly.

I have absolutely zero faith that if someone hit my car they'd actually admit to it and leave valid insurance. Especially if no one saw it happen.

--- distinct split between opinion (above) and sarcastic reality (below) ---

Bottom line - if you hit someone's car - and no one saw you do it. Take off. That's the treatment you're going to get when someone whacks your car in the parking lot on or the street. You know this - and this thread is just more proof. Sure it is a risk, but it is a calculated risk - you get to decide at the moment based on the surroundings and situation.

If someone did see you do it - take out a pen and paper, walk over to the car you hit. And start writing:

"Dear unlucky person: I just hit your car and feel very bad about it - mostly because someone saw me do it and I couldn't just run off. So I am writing you this little note in hopes that the fucking witness will think I am fessing up to hitting your shiny new car. He probably thinks I am leaving my number and insurance! Yeah, as if!!! In any case, sorry about the dent. Sucks to be you. Have a better day!"

Slip that under the window wiper and take off.

dezmarez
12-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by NickGT
Hit and Runners SUCK!

happend to my buddy a month or so a go
was turning right on a red and a bike rider ran the red and slammed into the side of his pathfinder...and rode off... my friend was in shock and went about a block before stopping when he got out the rider was gone and a huge dent from the handle bars were in the side of the dooor...its still there today :thumbsdow

7thgenvic
12-06-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
Well, I'm not surprised that the moron who hit your Mom's car didn't stick around.

I really can't see why people are so shocked or surprised. For the most part, people don't give a shit about your personal property. Especially if you are driving around in a BMW 745. Hell, that means you surely must have lots of money to fix it? That's what is going through their little brains. :dunno:

My Mother-In-Law had someone at the Superstore who hit her and caused $800 damage. Didn't fess up to it - just took off. And no one saw anything. I'm sure people saw it, but they just (for the most part) don't give a shit if it doesn't affect them directly.

I have absolutely zero faith that if someone hit my car they'd actually admit to it and leave valid insurance. Especially if no one saw it happen.

Bottom line - if you hit someone's car - and no one saw you do it. Take off. That's the treatment you're going to get when someone whacks your car in the parking lot on or the street. You know this - and this thread is just more proof. Sure it is a risk, but it is a calculated risk - you get to decide at the moment based on the surroundings and situation.

If someone did see you do it - take out a pen and paper, walk over to the car you hit. And start writing:

"Dear unlucky person: I just hit your car and feel very bad about it - mostly because someone saw me do it and I couldn't just run off. So I am writing you this little note in hopes that the fucking witness will think I am fessing up to hitting your shiny new car. He probably thinks I am leaving my number and insurance! Yeah, as if!!! In any case, sorry about the dent. Sucks to be you. Have a better day!"

hahah and if that witness is the owner? and reads that note after you place it on the window!
i see where your comming from but GOD DAMMIT, i :cry: ed when i saw it! haha i would hate to say "god if i was there i would hit them with whatever i had in my trunk" which i wouldn't but it just pisses me off evertime i see a thread about Hit and runs and then it happens to my mom who is very particular where she parks her car! ooo well shit happens

Z_Fan
12-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

hahah and if that witness is the owner? and reads that note after you place it on the window!
i see where your comming from but GOD DAMMIT, i :cry: ed when i saw it! haha i would hate to say "god if i was there i would hit them with whatever i had in my trunk" which i wouldn't but it just pisses me off evertime i see a thread about Hit and runs and then it happens to my mom who is very particular where she parks her car! ooo well shit happens

If the witness is the owner, I suspect you'll be talking to them in a hurry - and won't have time to write a note! :rofl:

(Besides, the idea of the note ---> 'tis meant to be funny, not serious - but serious enough to have been done before - and funny enough to ensure it will be done again!)

It's a shitty deal isn't it. :rolleyes:

Pisses me off that people have no respect for others property. I go out of my way to park away from other people - no matter which car I'm driving - and I still get assholes who feel the need to park really close and occasionally leave a nice impression of their door in mine.

Pricks. :guns:

IMO door dinging is no different than hit and run. Still massive damage done to the car by people who are irresponsible and show lack of respect for other peoples shit!

Makes me sick. :barf:

EK 2.0
12-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Jonny...sorry to hear bro...and I hope whoever did it gets theirs...

FiveFreshFish
12-06-2004, 02:50 AM
I go out of my way to park away from other people - no matter which car I'm driving

I do the same and consider it good exercise. However, it's tough at this time of year to find an empty section in any parking lot.

Tux10
12-06-2004, 08:38 AM
I was at my friends house on Saturday night and when some of our friends left they found that their car had been hit and run and a huge chunk of her civic was missing in the back. Then she noticed a car parked in my friends neighbors garage pad so she took a look and there was chunks of her car on the guys bumper.

So we called the cops and when they came they immediately knew it was the guy next door so they went to talk to him but he denied it and said "I was drinking earlier so I don't remember anything from before" so the cops took him out and showed him the tracks and the chunks of the civic in his bumper. LOL then they swore at him and told him to fill out the damn report.

GG, now he is gonna get charged with hit and run, drunk driving, lying to the cops. What a dumb ass... Can't believe he was dumb enough to park it on his garage pad too...

EK 2.0
12-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Tux10
I was at my friends house on Saturday night and when some of our friends left they found that their car had been hit and run and a huge chunk of her civic was missing in the back. Then she noticed a car parked in my friends neighbors garage pad so she took a look and there was chunks of her car on the guys bumper.

So we called the cops and when they came they immediately knew it was the guy next door so they went to talk to him but he denied it and said "I was drinking earlier so I don't remember anything from before" so the cops took him out and showed him the tracks and the chunks of the civic in his bumper. LOL then they swore at him and told him to fill out the damn report.

GG, now he is gonna get charged with hit and run, drunk driving, lying to the cops. What a dumb ass... Can't believe he was dumb enough to park it on his garage pad too...

if you were smart...edit out your last line loosah:rolleyes:

Tux10
12-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

if you were smart...edit out your last line loosah:rolleyes:

I'll do that, but maybe I am one too and just don't like the dumb crap that most of them do ;)

and my editing don't do much when you quoted it too smarty pants

camero
12-06-2004, 11:56 AM

I'll do that, but maybe I am one too and just don't like the dumb crap that most of them do ;)

CycloneAWD = OWNED! :rofl:

freakin
12-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Hit and runs really piss me off. Mostly because I almost got stuck with a pretty hefty bill last year. If it wasnt' for a couple of witnesses, I would've been fucked. Own up to your actions people.

I was sitting by a window having dinner downtown on Saturday night and watched a guy back in to another car trying to parallel park. He finishes up, gets out and looks at his car, then walks off his passenger. I went outside and yelled at him, "Don't worry about leaving a note. You look like you're in a rush. I'll take care of it for you." He looked at me for a second, said something to the girl with him, then kept on walking. Afterwards, I just made a quick note for the other car's owner. I can't stand people that pull that shit. I know feel compelled to take some action about it. :guns:

MenteL
12-06-2004, 06:44 PM
i got lucky the otherday. as my little sister and i were getting out of my prelude, my little sister swung thed oor open really hard to get out, and knocked the car beside us. I left a note saying "hi, i drive a red prelude liscense plate #- we accidentaly dinged your door and if our car is still out parked beside you, please wait to exchange info rm ation. if not call me at this number." well, i got out of the movie store, th e integra she smacked was gone and i had a note under my wiper sa ying 'don't worry about it, its not a big deal - merry christmas'........ I was shocked beyond belief.

sparkey_12
12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
well thats good to hear that SOME ppl have some decenct to leave a note sayin its no biggie, especially that they wished you merry xmas. at my school, this greasy looking guy backed right into my friends car with his cube van, and when he noticed that me and some others were watching he wrote a note and stuck it on the window. but then when the note was looked at, all he left was a scribble where his ame would or should be, and a phone number was left with only 6 numbers.. cheep bastard

EK 2.0
12-06-2004, 11:41 PM

oh yeah....haahaha sorry...I will edited it out as well...sorry once again...:D

eb0i
12-07-2004, 12:42 AM
That's too bad to hear about your mom's car. Looks like a SUV or Truck door hit it? I had someone do a hit and run on my car when I was parked in the parking lot in front of Craigie Hall at the Uni. It was a huge and deep scrape on my bumper from what looks like a bike pedal going across it or something. Who ever did it is such a bitch, I was only parked there for 10 minutes as well, what bad luck. Anyways can't you get that fixed under your comprehensive part of your insurance?

7thgenvic
12-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by eb0i
That's too bad to hear about your mom's car. Looks like a SUV or Truck door hit it? I had someone do a hit and run on my car when I was parked in the parking lot in front of Craigie Hall at the Uni. It was a huge and deep scrape on my bumper from what looks like a bike pedal going across it or something. Who ever did it is such a bitch, I was only parked there for 10 minutes as well, what bad luck. Anyways can't you get that fixed under your comprehensive part of your insurance?

we'll see how it goes, my pops wasn't too impressed when he came home this morning! and now the car can't really be driven back to the us because of this great weather! :thumbsdow

This was the worst hit and run storry i have ever heard>

My friend cliff was driving in the country when it was a bad snow fall his truck has slid into the ditch with the nose partially sticking out, as another truck approched he tried to wave it down, but the guy didnt' want to stop, as he drove by he nailed the front of cliffs truck, kept driving, 300m ahead, got out of his truck, walked to the other side looked at his truck, and got back in and drove away! hahahah now thats a asshole thing to do!!!!!

just shows you how people have no respect for other peoples property! and it reallys kills me to look at that dent, and think that that asshole is probably telling the rest of his friends how he got away with smashing a new 745! :whipped:

googe
12-07-2004, 03:16 AM

Man hearing this shit makes me want to destroy every panel on your car with an axe and leave you a sweet little note and "take off". Grow up.

Z_Fan
12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by googe

Man hearing this shit makes me want to destroy every panel on your car with an axe and leave you a sweet little note and "take off". Grow up.

First, you need to understand that message is not my personal opinion. However, it is a very serious reality that apparently you can not accept. But people hitting cars and leaving is happening day in and day out in your little world. Sorry I had to be the one to give you the newsflash about people actually not giving a fuck and leaving.

People do leave notes that are incomplete, or simply just scribbles and then take off. My little story is a sarcastic rendition based on those realities - actually supported further by comments in this thread!

ANYHOW...

The message I wrote is tainted with sarcasm. (I guess you missed that part?) It is intended as a joke (hahah - funny!) based on what most people do in real life. I guess I wrote it so well, you couldn't figure that out. :confused: Also I figure you didn't read the entire thread. LOL.

In any case, for the record - I'm responsible enough to accept the results of my actions. So, yeah, I'm gonna stop - although to be fair, I suspect it is nearly impossible to hit a parked car. So if I did ever do that, it would be an accident by its very definition! Anyhow that is why I have insurance in the first place - and god knows I want to use it!!! Hell, I've paid thousands and thousands in to insurance that I have *NEVER* used, so I figure they owe me! I also have a great deal of respect for peoples personal property - and am very annoyed by those who do not feel the same way.

Anyhow, taking an axe to a persons car? Anger management courses in your future? :rolleyes: