PDA

View Full Version : Water Fountains

Melinda
12-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Well I'm finally done all my xmas shopping EXCEPT my mom's gift. She wants one of those table top fountains. She used to have one but it broke and couldn't be fixed.

Unfortuneately, it is really hard to find them in the winter. The only place I know of to find them is Rafters and I don't really like any of the ones they have there. I dunno, for some reason the dry ice effect doesn't do it for me.

Sooo, I'm wondering if anyone here might have an idea of where I could look for some other water fountains? I have a pretty big budget for it so that's not a huge concern, I just want to find her something I know she'll like and wont be a cheap 30$ dissapointment that will just die on her a month after she gets it.

Any help is hugely appreciated!!!

nismodrifter
12-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Rafters has normal ones too don't they (ie: none of that dry ice BS)??? They always have a display on the wall with lots of different ones (unless of course those are all sold out).

Ummm try places like London Drugs, Michaels, Linen and Things, Home Outfitters, Sears...

I'm tryin to think where my mom got hers from but can't remember..I'll let you know if I do.

szw
12-05-2004, 11:09 PM
indoors?

T&T market, i think some of the "antique" stores have some chinese-style water things. Maybe in chinatown too.

Or burnco?

GTR Rob
12-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Hi Melinda, I found a great one at Home Outfitters.

Cheers!
Rob

t-im
12-05-2004, 11:19 PM
that art gallery in that strip mall with the viet rest. on 17th has water features..but I duno about table top fountains

ZorroAMG
12-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Melinda,

From what i've heard/seen they aren't too hard to make yourself, just get a water pump, some rocks, a really nice bowl and a waterproof light and you can custom design one to be any shape/size/color etc, plus it'll be cheaper and more "from you" y'know what I mean?

Melinda
12-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Melinda,

From what i've heard/seen they aren't too hard to make yourself, just get a water pump, some rocks, a really nice bowl and a waterproof light and you can custom design one to be any shape/size/color etc, plus it'll be cheaper and more "from you" y'know what I mean?
Hmm that's not a bad idea...i wouldnt have the slightest idea how to hook up a water pump or where to find one. Haha I'm a newbie to the fountains lol

Ben
12-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Melinda

Hmm that's not a bad idea...i wouldnt have the slightest idea how to hook up a water pump or where to find one. Haha I'm a newbie to the fountains lol

My aunt makes these fountains and sells them in galleries and art stores. It's more time and patience than anything.

If you mom enjoys a slice of the asian life, head to Chinook and check out the kiosk over by the TELUS store, it has all sorts of nice fountains.

Sorath
12-06-2004, 12:57 AM
what is a water fountain, someone enlighten me please

t-im
12-06-2004, 01:05 AM
something that can soothe and relax you, but also make you want to pee

Ben
12-06-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
what is a water fountain, someone enlighten me please

you're kidding...right?

Sorath
12-06-2004, 01:12 AM
:P

KELSTAR
12-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Check Pier One..
They might have some! I saw them there a while ago I believe

jaysas_63
12-06-2004, 02:11 AM
well i remeber seein some really cool fountains WAY back in this place called art of my heart or some shit like that...try checkin that place out ..

edit...oh yea it was in a mall...i think SC

Gspotracer
12-06-2004, 10:22 AM
I know Golden Acre in the NE used to carry lots of cool fountains when I used to work there 4-5 yrs ago.

ZorroAMG
12-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Go to Home depot and ask for a water pump to make a fountain and the people there should be able to help you use it/install it...

statick
12-06-2004, 01:06 PM
bombay is where my mom got hers...maybe homesense if ur on a lower budget.

bowring may have em:dunno: