View Full Version : Paint types

12-05-2004, 10:18 PM
What's that type of paint where it turns different colours depending on the angle you look at it? I've heard so many different terms. Iridescent, opalescent, pearl. Which one is the one I'm thinking about?

eeseen racing
12-06-2004, 04:20 AM
matters they are all diffrent
pearl is literally a additive into the paint which is easy and cheap many diff ways to do it what r u looking for or just wondering

12-06-2004, 04:42 PM
What I want to do it make little maple leafs on my car that have a base colour, but shifts to maybe a different shade of the base colour.

12-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Chameleon paint.

12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Sounds good. Where's a good place to get that stuff? And where can I find out how to do it?

eeseen racing
12-06-2004, 10:39 PM
k first off u dont think ur gonna be able to do it to be done right it should be done from the primer or base coat youw ill need base clear paint or multi stage paint and it is an additive you use not a paint and i would check with some local paint shops to do it i dont think you can do this one your self just what i think
good luck

12-07-2004, 02:49 AM
Iridescent.... this is the one your looking for! changes all different colors depending on angle your looking at the paint look out its $$$$

eeseen racing
12-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Iridescent.... wont give you the exact colors you want its more the set colours it will change