PDA

View Full Version : fuking pedestrians

vietdood
12-05-2004, 10:19 PM
i just got home from driving and on the way this fuking lady decides to walk off the curb at a pedestrian crossing then walk along parked cars making it look like she wanted to cross. I had to brake hard and there was some patches of ice and i was worried the car behind me was gonna hit me. sorry to the driver to the white prelude behind me, stupid pedestrian biatch

statick
12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
good thing u didnt crash:thumbsup:

7thgenvic
12-05-2004, 10:27 PM
espeically in these conditions! NOT COOL
good thing you didn't crash!

MenteL
12-05-2004, 10:32 PM
ugh, shitty broly.

I hate it when these pedastrean fuckers cross out onto the road without waiting for someone to stop. Swear to god if someone does that to me, if I dont kill them with the first impact, I'm putting it in reverse.

ZorroAMG
12-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah especially when road conditions don't exactly allow for stop-on-a-dime action....

Use your head when crossing the road morons.

MenteL
12-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Yeah especially when road conditions don't exactly allow for stop-on-a-dime action....

Use your head when crossing the road morons. downtown is the worst. haunchos in their business suits think their briefcases will protect them.

Sorath
12-05-2004, 11:04 PM
fuck that sucks, shit happens all the time, my friends truck got rear ended last night, stupid snow!

GTR Rob
12-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Man, you think that's bad? I just got my R32 a couple weeks ago and just this morning I mowed right into a family of pedestrians at a crosswalk! The stupid kid left a dent in my FMIC!

hockeybronx
12-05-2004, 11:22 PM
A similar thing happened to me down in Shawnessy the other day. I was pulling up to a green light and this lady jumps on the road in front of me, stares me down, and then starts running across the road.

The simple truth is that pedestrians run the roads, if I would have hit her I probably would have went to jail:thumbsdow

camero
12-05-2004, 11:25 PM
It sucks but they do have priority once you step into any car.

rio_rex
12-06-2004, 12:11 AM
A few days ago i almost hit some chick walking across 58th street nw right beside dalhousie station. The thing is there is a crosswalk at the intersection where dalhouse drive is...but nooo, she has to cut across the middle of the street just like 20 meters away from it. It was around 10:00pm and was dark of course. I was making a right turn onto 58th from dalhousie drive, and i just saw here at the last second when i was changing lanes and missed her by like 2 feet. The thing is she knew i was comming and just kept on walked like she was on a freeking sidewalk or something! Good thing i was going slow...but jeez some ppl are so dam lazy, epecially when the crosswalk is like less than a block away!!:thumbsdow

t-im
12-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Question;

So even if you were not speeding, you weren't doing anything stupid, and a person jumps off the curb and starts to cross the street when you're meters away..super close or whatever..(the person is blatantly jay walking or something) and you hit the person

similar scenario..say in downtown and someone darts out between parked cars and you hit the person..

your fault or their fault?

GoChris
12-06-2004, 12:29 AM
theirs

hockeybronx
12-06-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by t-im
Question;

So even if you were not speeding, you weren't doing anything stupid, and a person jumps off the curb and starts to cross the street when you're meters away..super close or whatever..(the person is blatantly jay walking or something) and you hit the person

similar scenario..say in downtown and someone darts out between parked cars and you hit the person..

I think it would be yours because you are driving a vehicle which can be considered a weapon. However I do not know for sure.

camero
12-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Question;

Its actually your fault because you are ALWAYS suppose to be aware of pedestrians when in your vehicle. You will be able to fight it better though if that were the case.

finboy
12-06-2004, 12:33 AM
Question;

i believe if they are j-walking then you are in the clear, but if they are in a cross walk, you are fucked. even if its bad weather, you would probably be found at fault for not driving to the conditions.

Zero102
12-06-2004, 12:36 AM
I saw a guy get hit by a car this afternoon. It was on westbound 16th Ave, at 19th st. The car was running the red making a right-hand turn, and the pedestrian stepped out on a don't walk light, about 10 feet infront of the car. A combination of stupid people.

GTS Jeff
12-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by camero

Its actually your fault because you are ALWAYS suppose to be aware of pedestrians when in your vehicle. You will be able to fight it better though if that were the case. u aint not be knowin no shiet boi...

pedestrians only have the right of way when they have the right of way...ie. marked crosswalk or walk signal lit up. otherwise, they are potential roadkill :thumbsup:

finboy
12-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
u aint not be knowin no shiet boi...

pedestrians only have the right of way when they have the right of way...ie. marked crosswalk or walk signal lit up. otherwise, they are potential roadkill :thumbsup:

correct me if i'm wrong, but the only way you have to stop for a person on a bike is if they are walking it across a sidewalk? my sister's friend rode her bike across a cross walk and got hit, she would have been SOL, if the guy that hit her didn't feel bad for her and let his insurance take care of her medical bills anyways.

CKY
12-06-2004, 02:50 AM
i'm sorry if this comment sounds racist but don't you guys notice most of the time these dangerous pedestrians are mostly either teenagers or caucasian females? aside from the usual jaywalkers around downtown

t-im
12-06-2004, 02:58 AM
^ not at all?

H4LFY2nR
12-06-2004, 05:18 AM
Ya its only your fault for hitting them if they are walking in a marked or implied crosswalk. I remember my driving instructor jokingly(i hope) said if you hit a jaywalker you can sue them for the damages to your car!:nut: Hopefully there will be less vehicle-pedestrian accidents with the new add campaign asking both drivers to be more aware and pedestrians to be more responsible.

Khyron
12-06-2004, 10:32 AM
I've hit 2, and the cops gave them tickets while they were being hauled away in ambulances.

You can't hit them intentionally though - even if the guy is running across on a red light, if you make no attempt to stop you will get nailed hard. And yah, the only way to get your car fixed is to claim it under your own insurance or sue them. A porsche owner in BC won a huge award to pay for his car after hitting someone.

One of the few cases where our system works.

Khyron

B17a
12-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by CKY
i'm sorry if this comment sounds racist but don't you guys notice most of the time these dangerous pedestrians are mostly either teenagers or caucasian females? aside from the usual jaywalkers around downtown

You haven't ever seen Chinatown have you?

ZorroAMG
12-06-2004, 11:07 AM
There doesn't need to be a marked sidewalk. According to CPS any sidewalk that ends at any street is a corsswalk, lines or no lines.

Faggots on bikes are the worst. They are considered vehicles when riding and HAVE to obey all automobile traffic laws. I LOVE to scare the shite outta them riding their bikes on the side walk on the wrong side as they try to cross in front of me by rolling into their path. Funny shit seeing them almost head over handle-bar it! They never do end up crossing in front :D

3G
12-06-2004, 12:00 PM
I hate it when you pull up to a crosswalk, push the button and people don't stop. I usually step 1 or 2 feet into the road to make them stop.

Khyron
12-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 3G
I hate it when you pull up to a crosswalk, push the button and people don't stop. I usually step 1 or 2 feet into the road to make them stop.

As long as you're not hitting the button and immediately expecting everything to stop (I see it all the time).

Also never forget, you might be right and the car might be wrong in hitting you, but you'll still be the dead one.

Khyron

GingeRRRBeef
12-06-2004, 12:27 PM
This morning right by the Art parkade, some broad just buck crossed the street like cars could stop on a dime. A van almost smoked her. You would think that someone that goes to uiversity would have a little more sense.

Primer_Drift
12-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
I've hit 2, and the cops gave them tickets while they were being hauled away in ambulances.

:rofl: 10 points!

:guns: pedestrians females are definetly the worst. I've seen some really stupid things (like J walking across mcleod) that nearly resulted in their deaths, and they usually have the nerve to get angry at the drivers..

tsi_neal
12-06-2004, 02:51 PM
want a system that will work
take all the rights away from pedestrains. if a person gets hit it is their fault, period. (exceptions being crossing at a marked spot, or if the car goes out of their way to hit the people)
but also take away J-walking tickets. people can cross when and where they want but have to understand they have to be aware of the cars on the road.

maybe a bit extreme but it can work

finboy
12-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by tsi_neal
take all the rights away from pedestrains. if a person gets hit it is their fault, period. (exceptions being crossing at a marked spot, or if the car goes out of their way to hit the people)
but also take away J-walking tickets. people can cross when and where they want but have to understand they have to be aware of the cars on the road.

i concur, then i can track down a cow catcher for my car, such as this...
http://home.earthlink.net/~busterktn/images/gen-cowcatcher.jpg

bspot
12-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
This morning right by the Art parkade, some broad just buck crossed the street like cars could stop on a dime. A van almost smoked her. You would think that someone that goes to uiversity would have a little more sense.

University students are the worst.. the attitude at the university is that you don't look for cars, because the cars will be looking out for you. I know it would sure screw me up going to the U and then going downtown the same day.. 2 different worlds for pedestrians.

B17a
12-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by bspot

University students are the worst.. the attitude at the university is that you don't look for cars, because the cars will be looking out for you. I know it would sure screw me up going to the U and then going downtown the same day.. 2 different worlds for pedestrians.

You're one step in life too far, high school kids are the worst. Especially in big groups, they just don't give a fuck, they'll jaywalk and give you attitude!

gorillam
12-06-2004, 04:04 PM
Screw cow catcher just get one of these :>
Have fun running me over :thumbsup:

http://bunkered.gotdns.org/main.php?g2_view=core:DownloadItem&g2_itemId=151

3G
12-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

As long as you're not hitting the button and immediately expecting everything to stop (I see it all the time).

Also never forget, you might be right and the car might be wrong in hitting you, but you'll still be the dead one.

Khyron

No, a car would be like 5-10 metres away (dry pavement) doing like 50ish. I don't step in front of them, just step like barely into the road to make them think im gonna run out. like if u see the lights flashing and someone standing there, of course they're crossing the street, you should stop. im gonna start carrying rocks in my pocket, if u dont stop for me, say good bye to ur rear windshield!

GTS Jeff
12-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by tsi_neal

yea that is the system most developing countries use...

Originally posted by finboy
http://home.earthlink.net/~busterktn/images/gen-cowcatcher.jpg that was a fuckin good film!

ZorroAMG
12-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 3G

im gonna start carrying rocks in my pocket, if u dont stop for me, say good bye to ur rear windshield!

That's a fuckin retarded attitude, one day your rock carrying pedestrian ass'll meet an angry pipe/bat/hockey stick carrying driver. There are times when drivers actually have to pay attention to other cars or distractions on the road and cannot always see the PROUD TO BE PEDESTRIAN brigade, you know. If I miss stopping for a pedestrian, I wave and apologize, an honest mistake. You throw a rock at me for that and you better be able to RUN.

forkdork
12-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 3G

No, a car would be like 5-10 metres away (dry pavement) doing like 50ish. I don't step in front of them, just step like barely into the road to make them think im gonna run out. like if u see the lights flashing and someone standing there, of course they're crossing the street, you should stop. im gonna start carrying rocks in my pocket, if u dont stop for me, say good bye to ur rear windshield!

Retard, thats no better than throwing shit off bridges. GROW UP

3G
12-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Well if the guy didn't notice me but yah, i always see them do it on purpose, those are the ones who will get a flying rock

pr0
12-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by B17a

You're one step in life too far, high school kids are the worst. Especially in big groups, they just don't give a fuck, they'll jaywalk and give you attitude!

This brings back good memories, I was driving home from school (it was raining) and a group of fags were heading to the C-train station across the street cutting me off. Then all of a sudden one of them fingered me.

When they finished crossing I floored it beside them and splashed a huge puddle of water on them. :rofl: haha. Good stuff.

2.0turbo
12-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by CKY

Not racist at all, they are the ones who don't have cars.

tsi_neal
12-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by CKY

id have accepted and possibly preferred the term "white chicks"

Seanith
12-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by pr0

When they finished crossing I floored it beside them and splashed a huge puddle of water on them. :rofl: haha. Good stuff.

LOL poetic justice

dkny_stylez
12-06-2004, 08:02 PM
pedestrians have the right away dummy

GTS Jeff
12-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by 3G
Well if the guy didn't notice me but yah, i always see them do it on purpose, those are the ones who will get a flying rock cavemen throw rocks.

lam-boy
12-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 3G
Well if the guy didn't notice me but yah, i always see them do it on purpose, those are the ones who will get a flying rock

how would you know if they did it on purpose?:rolleyes:

3G
12-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
cavemen throw rocks.

im a caveman :D

GTS Jeff
12-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by 3G

im a caveman :D yes, a neanderthal.

Seanith
12-07-2004, 01:00 AM