PDA

View Full Version : How to spot fake Diesel/Seven for all Mankind on eBay

Johnny@CustomAuto
12-05-2004, 10:38 PM
"Hi.. my name is Johnny. And I am a label whore."

Now that we got that over with. I want to help other people like me. I like the finers things in life. I always have. I can't help it. And there are others like me out there. But recently when I went surfing on eBay to look for Xmas gifts for family. I find myself looking really hard finding authentic clothes, particularly Diesel's and SFAM. A lot of these sellers have crazy high feedback. You'd never think they were selling fake jeans. I am tired of seeing people get scammed, because I was scammed once as well.

I found a few websites that are great for spotting fakes. If anyone is even thinking of buying jeans on eBay, you have to read this and educate yourself. My wife has a fake pair of SFAM and I didn't even know. I looked carefully at it and spotted all the clues when I compared them to a store bought pair.

www.fakeseven.com

www.no-fake-jeans.de.vu (need to translate from German to English) This site has amazing info I never knew.

There is probably only about 20% authentic stuff on eBay when it comes to SFAM. The biggest seller of fake 7's/juicy/Diesel is "denimkingdom". Do not buy from this guy, unless you don't mind having a fake.

For fakes Diesel it's pretty easy, much easier than SFAM.

www.fakediesel.com
http://www.djbocaj.com/diesel.html

The biggest one here is spotting those hard to see numbers above the Indian's head. It's there if you look hard enough. If it's not, you've been duped. I am glad to see all my Diesel jeans are real. I only bought 3 pairs online.

I found a wicked tool that help weed out negative feedback on sellers so you don't have to scroll through pages and pages to see their neg feedback.

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

Go ahead and type in denimkingdom. You will see there are a few that know a fake pair when they see it. Unfortunately it's only 67 people out of 7000+ that left feedback. Hardly enough to even dent his 99.1% rating.

Hope this helps everyone who have been wondering.

Johnny C
12-05-2004, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the informative post Johnny, but personally I just buy from local retailers and avoid having to investigate if my jeans are "real" or not.

iceburns288
12-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Reply by denimkingdom: Check you inbox it full, we email you 4 times!

haha! Those answers were pretty stupid, if I read these I would never buy from him. He always blames the customer, they sent their money wrong or they didn't get the right size or their email inbox is full. Bullshit.:thumbsdow

t-im
12-05-2004, 10:52 PM
screw ebay for that stuff, it's just soo much easier to buy it locally in stores you know sell authentic stuff

Johnny@CustomAuto
12-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by t-im
screw ebay for that stuff, it's just soo much easier to buy it locally in stores you know sell authentic stuff

I know, I agree with you. But there are people out there who just do not know. But with education and knowing what to look for, you can find real stuff and save money buying it off eBay. But you are right, no hassles in store. Buy where ever you are comfortable.

t-im
12-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Like i agree it looks tempting and shit on ebay..but alot of fakes are so good now that it's that much harder to weed through everything

imagine paying 200+ for a pair of sevens and not realizng they are fake....

no thanks!