PDA

View Full Version : Who likes painting? Need advice/ideas please!

GTR Rob
12-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. It seems pretty cool! I'm hoping some of you can help me out with buying a Christmas present for my girlfriend.

She is a newbie at painting, but she seems to enjoy it, ie. she makes water-color painted cards for peoples' birthdays or whatever.

I think it'd be a great present to buy her some sort of painting kit so she can do a bit more than kindergarden paintings haha. However, I have no idea what painting is about or anything. Any suggestions??

Thanks!!
Rob

jaysas_63
12-06-2004, 12:01 AM
well get her a kick ass set of brushes...possibly some paper..they come in blocks....and some nice water colors.....u can buy nice shit from a satore called, mona lisa ( i think) also if u go to the university they also have some good shit for sale (i kno we do here at u of a)......i don't paint myslef but its a hobby of my dads and thats the shit he uses, hope i was of any help

ohhh and a nice idea would be a good lookin isle, that would make as a good gift too....gl:thumbsup:

Melinda
12-06-2004, 12:11 AM
An easel is also a good gift, but not totally needed to do some kick ass stuff...maybe some supplies and a few art classes? then she can learn the basics and build from there.

t-im
12-06-2004, 12:23 AM
art supplies, canvas, woodframes for the canvas!!!!

BebeAphrodite
12-06-2004, 12:27 AM
I believe that the guy who paints on TV has a little kit. I don't remember the price but art supplies adds up sooo fast!!! Mona Lisa off of 17th carries the Ross guy's beginning painting kit. I think it's around $100 tho give or take.

jaysas_63
12-06-2004, 12:58 AM
wow i can't belive i actually spelt easel isle....lol well thats what cha get when u are typin up a soc 300 essay, and surfin beyond at the same time lol

Jacs
12-06-2004, 06:15 AM
good luck with it Rob (for her)

:burnout:

I was given oil paintings and canvas last Chrimbo and I never took up any art classes but thoroughly enjoy attempting landscapes my style, and u would laff if I posted them up like but two of them so far are small and not very fussy but Im kinda proud of them.

:D