PDA

View Full Version : Acura TSX?

liquid1010
12-06-2004, 12:46 AM
Just wondering what everyone here thinks of the TSX. I like the styling of the car, and the performance seems pretty decent with a 2.4l 200hp engine. I'm not sure about handling though, and other aspects of the the car since I've never driven one. Anyone have any experience or insight?

Thanks.

Sorath
12-06-2004, 12:47 AM
very nice, it looks way better than the accord. i thought the tsx's were 3.0 l?

liquid1010
12-06-2004, 12:53 AM
No they only come with a 4-cylinder 2.4l. So hopefully the mileage is pretty decent. I like the car, I'm just not crazy about the styling.

Sorath
12-06-2004, 12:56 AM
i think the v6 accord performs better and if im not wrong its cheaper. but the styling of the tsx is nice

max_boost
12-06-2004, 02:01 AM
For that price, hello WRX! AWD+Turbo is way better than FWD+NA! haha

5.9 R/T
12-06-2004, 02:13 AM
Old thread, but still relevant.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16615&highlight=TSX

statick
12-06-2004, 09:58 AM
TSX is nice, i'd prolly go with that if u just want a nice daily driver.

CRXguy
12-06-2004, 10:23 AM
I test drove a 6spd a while back. Very refined and the seats were damn comfy, compared to my WRX anyways. Controls were easy to use, and the car has good power which I thought it lacked. Too bad the dealer lowballed me on trade-in or I'd have one in the driveway now. haha

I know in the States they just released the A-Spec for 2005, not sure if we're getting that in Canada.

h22aseller
12-06-2004, 04:38 PM
The TSX is a very nice car, I don't personally own one, but many members of my family do. The styling as with any car is personal preferance, i like it, but many do not. It has decent performance, acceleration is decent and the handling is actually quite good.

and dude, this isn't the kind of car that you compare to a WRX. everyone on this damn site compares cars to the WRX. yes the WRX is a nice car, but shit guys, people that are looking at a TL or a TSX are not looking for a WRX necessarily. Performance is important when buying one of these cars, granted, but it is still secondary to the luxury factor. A WRX feels like a Kia when you are coming out of a Acura or Lexus. Hell, it even feels cheap when you are comparing it to the Legacy. Don't get me wrong, I love the Imprezza, and i would own one if i could, but don't compare cars that are not in the same catagory to it. Overall performance is not the end-all and be-all.

That was my rant for the week, thanks for listening.

Altezza
12-06-2004, 04:46 PM
White TSX with the factory kit looks pretty hot!

Police
12-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by h22aseller
The TSX is a very nice car, I don't personally own one, but many members of my family do. The styling as with any car is personal preferance, i like it, but many do not. It has decent performance, acceleration is decent and the handling is actually quite good.

and dude, this isn't the kind of car that you compare to a WRX. everyone on this damn site compares cars to the WRX. yes the WRX is a nice car, but shit guys, people that are looking at a TL or a TSX are not looking for a WRX necessarily. Performance is important when buying one of these cars, granted, but it is still secondary to the luxury factor. A WRX feels like a Kia when you are coming out of a Acura or Lexus. Hell, it even feels cheap when you are comparing it to the Legacy. Don't get me wrong, I love the Imprezza, and i would own one if i could, but don't compare cars that are not in the same catagory to it. Overall performance is not the end-all and be-all.

That was my rant for the week, thanks for listening.

:werd:

Xtrema
12-06-2004, 07:18 PM
TSX looks good and has decent performance. But don't expect it to win any red light races. Handling is good for its size and weight.

mucat
12-07-2004, 01:06 AM
While the Accord will win the red light race 10/10 times againsit the TSX. There are way more to performance than drag racing. The TSX is one of the best handling car of its class. The TSX finished 3rd in this years SCCA touring car.