PDA

View Full Version : Wintertime.. that means skiing and boarding time

no_joke
12-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Okay guys even though I was born here, I never did get into the whole skiing and snowboarding thing but I'm older and wiser (and can afford to go now) so I wanna start now. I just wanna head up somewhere for a weekend or something. Just wondering about what's a good place to go just to have fun? I'm sure there's beginners everywhere but is there a place (are they called resorts?) that's better to start out at? I'm open to going anywhere except COP.

Happy skiing and boarding! :thumbsup:

t-im
12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
why don't you want to goto cop to learn? it's better then going to a resort and paying big bucks when you can't even take advantage of what the resort has to offer
(as in you won't be on 90% of the runs)

Kobe
12-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Any place with a bunny hill will be good, and some nice long easy runs, Lake louise is good, but far. Nakiska is a good place aswell, lots of easy runs, I would honestly recommend for you to go to cop and use the bunny hill if your snowboarding, so you can get up and atleast ride down, But after you get the fell for the board, go to nakiska or lake louise, Panorama is also nice and relaxing, some easy runs as well.

And they are called resorts :)

www.skircr.com

check the website out :)

sillyd
12-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Learn at cop and then when you go to the mountains you'll be ready.

civicrider
12-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Fernie kicks ass for riding, to early in the season though.

Singel
12-06-2004, 06:33 PM
If Wintergreen is still open it would be a great place to go to learn, shouldn't be very crowded at all...Is anybody else choked about Fortress? It had such better terrain and snow than Nakiska, but just didn't get the people. If they put in the $$$ for better lifts it would be just one hell of a nice, little close mountain

98type_r
12-09-2004, 03:17 AM
wintergreen got shut down too

turbo'dGSR
12-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Singel
If Wintergreen is still open it would be a great place to go to learn, shouldn't be very crowded at all...Is anybody else choked about Fortress? It had such better terrain and snow than Nakiska, but just didn't get the people. If they put in the $$$ for better lifts it would be just one hell of a nice, little close mountain

definately choked about fortress, the farside of that mountain had greeat riding. its all good that wintergreen is shut down though! Now Im hoping fernie has huge dumps this year... :drool:

no_joke
12-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Maybe I will consider COP since it's so damn close anyways. And I don't wanna look like a poseur if I go up to the mountains to ski for the first time...

Thanks guys!