PDA

View Full Version : Insurance & Body shops

speedracer
12-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Not sure if anyone knows but is there anyway I can get body work done by not what the Insurance Co recommends? She said that they would like it if I choose one of their shops but when I asked about my own body shop she wanted me to steer towards the other shops. I want my entire bumper re painted not just masked and repainted and blended.

History: Someone rear ended my car - they were gonna pay $ but they've been difficult to deal with and now their phone number is discconected - wtf?
Be a nice person and you get steped on :(

TypeRgurl
12-06-2002, 06:09 PM
you are totally entitled to going to any body shop that you choose. i know that the insurance company i work for get's an appraiser to go out to look at your car and make and appraisal and then you can go to any body shop you want but they have to fix it according to the appraisal...they can't make you go to their body shops...you should have a choice

FiveFreshFish
12-06-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by TypeRgurl
you are totally entitled to going to any body shop that you choose. i know that the insurance company i work for get's an appraiser to go out to look at your car and make and appraisal and then you can go to any body shop you want but they have to fix it according to the appraisal...they can't make you go to their body shops...you should have a choice

Just want to add to this: any accredited body shop is okay, not just any place. At least that's how it is with Meloche-Monnex.

speedracer
12-06-2002, 07:52 PM
Cool, thats what I thought too. I'll talk to the adjuster about it. The body shop I go to is accredited so I don't see a problem there. I feel safer having the folks I know work on the car :)

ninspeed
12-08-2002, 10:14 PM
May i ask what shop you are usuing? But you are right.. you can use anyshop you wish, but the insurance will only pay what they apraise it at.. so if they say it just needs to be masked and then feathred, thats all they will pay for (set $ amount, as most body shops charge the same $/h for labor, and parts are the same price)

mwmhong
12-10-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by speedracer
History: Someone rear ended my car - they were gonna pay $ but they've been difficult to deal with and now their phone number is discconected - wtf?
Be a nice person and you get steped on :(

LOL, was this in Chinatown?
I just got rear-ended a few weeks ago, no damage though.

IT'S OPEN SEASON!!!!! Watch your back!!!!