PDA

View Full Version : Recent Pimp My Ride

eclipseqt
12-06-2004, 07:53 PM
Anyone see the 240sx pimp my ride? I thought it was a piece of junk. Take a look at this thread.

:barf:

http://www.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=92870

rage2
12-06-2004, 07:55 PM
yep, I saw it. I was hoping they'd do a drift car makeover, but instead they went and duplicated the NFSU2 car.

They did a good job doing it. Not my tastes though.

dkny_stylez
12-06-2004, 08:01 PM
im not feelin it:barf:

djayz
12-06-2004, 08:04 PM
looked better before west coast touched it
all it needed was a paint job
and i thought pimp my ride does cars that people dont have any money to fix up like beat down ford temppos and shit?

rage2
12-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by djayz
looked better before west coast touched it
all it needed was a paint job
If all it needed was a paint job, then the episode would last 5 mins.

Remember, MTV makes WCC do all sorts of crazy (and dumb) shit for the show. Their non Pimp my Ride cars that they turn out are really really nice.

sparkey_12
12-06-2004, 08:11 PM
yeah i just checked it out.. defintley not my taste, but meh could go in some shows with it

finboy
12-06-2004, 08:25 PM
they should have painted it, then done an sr20/5speed swap, that would have been the best episode yet :thumbsup:

GC84ever
12-06-2004, 08:35 PM
All the car need was a good paint job.
Could this car reach a new level of rice?
The car looks like a bad night of 2F2F after a whole lot of tequila. :barf:

GC84ever
12-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Before
http://www.gotbackend.com/240/bk-front.jpg
http://www.gotbackend.com/240/bk-side.jpg
http://www.gotbackend.com/240/mr-seats-03.jpg

After
http://www.gotbackend.com/240/pimp/car-01.jpg
http://www.gotbackend.com/240/pimp/car-02.jpg
http://www.gotbackend.com/240/pimp/int-03.jpg
http://www.gotbackend.com/240/pimp/me-car.jpg

And it's an Auto

djayz
12-06-2004, 08:45 PM
haha wow didnt notice the auto part, i guess its okay to have an auto but with a steering wheel which has nos buttons but no nos...thats kinda over doing rice.
the hood vents look fake too just looks like they are open but no air goes into them.

TypeS
12-06-2004, 08:48 PM
okay...imo, it would have looked SICK if he painted it in the BEFORE pics....what they did to it is absolutly VILE.:barf:

DJ Lazy
12-06-2004, 08:48 PM
-remove wing
-replace front bumper
-replace hood
-remove fugly decals.. wouldn't be to bad...

that wing HAS to go...

finboy
12-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
-remove wing
-replace front bumper
-replace hood
-remove fugly decals.. wouldn't be to bad...

that wing HAS to go...

you forgot tail lights, and colour

TypeS
12-06-2004, 08:53 PM
:werd:

A_3
12-06-2004, 08:55 PM
noooooooooooooo :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: , I liked it alot before, just needed a paint job and some tlc and it would have been a fine ride. It's too bad they have to make cars look ridiculous for that show, I don't like anything on the new ride. Well maybe the three x-box's... i'd take two out for home usage.

Dj_Stylz
12-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by finboy

you forgot tail lights, and colour

and the rims

BumpinTalon
12-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Pimp My Ride has never done a nice looking car. jesus, they go from ugly to uglier. If my parents signed me up for that show and pimp my ride fucked up my car, I would probably take a sledgehammer to it on TV.

Redlyne_mr2
12-06-2004, 09:12 PM
They ruined that car. Nothing like having an underpowered auto for drifting as well.

12-06-2004, 09:21 PM
They never do anything to the engine in that show am I right? Seems like they just work on the interior and exterior and leave the engine a peice of shit!

iceburns288
12-06-2004, 09:22 PM
It's not that bad, because like they said maybe he can take it to shows and get sponsored and get a little $$. 3 Xboxes? wtf?

He should part that sucker out and gets loadsa cash!

habsfan
12-06-2004, 09:24 PM
hey look, the neon green mx3 has a friend!

sabad66
12-06-2004, 09:37 PM
I don't mind the interior too much, but the rest is nasssssssssssstyy.

Redlyne_mr2
12-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Ive been reading that all these cars that are getting pimped are having all their items stolen. That old nissan stanza wagon had all its dj gear and stereo stuff stolen.

blinkme_210
12-06-2004, 11:06 PM
OMG, DOUBLE U TEE EFF!!!! That is just horrible. Can't even make a S13 that ugly in NFSU.

lam-boy
12-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Ive been reading that all these cars that are getting pimped are having all their items stolen. That old nissan stanza wagon had all its dj gear and stereo stuff stolen.

I wouldn't doubt it, they show off everything on TV.

take pictures infront of their house and blammo, next day I'm sure the car would be stripped clean

markymark
12-06-2004, 11:10 PM
why....

Marsh
12-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Don't like the colors very much, not appealing

Anybody seen that show on the Speed network? its sort of similiar except they actually turn the cars into something amazing! I forgot the name of the show though:banghead:

blinkme_210
12-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Marsh

Anybody seen that show on the Speed network? its sort of similiar except they actually turn the cars into something amazing! I forgot the name of the show though:banghead:

Whoops, sorry. Overhauled? That's on TLC.

jaysas_63
12-07-2004, 12:53 AM
yea overhaullin is pretty cool, but i would REALLY like to see an episode where they do up a benz, or bimmer, or even a jap import....u know, don't get me wrong i love the american muscle, but it would be a cool change

jaysas_63
12-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Marsh

i don't like that show.....that show is rice man...they put an exhaust on the car, and an intake, and they start with the rice arithmatic..."5 hp from the intake plus fiften from the exhaust = 15 more horses!!!" they only had one good episode, and that was the one were they turbod that 350z, and put that old school paint scheme on it, that was pretty cool

edit:seems like my rice math is a little rough lol

Idratherbsidewayz
12-07-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

i don't like that show.....that show is rice man...they put an exhaust on the car, and an intake, and they start with the rice arithmatic..."5 hp from the intake plus fiften from the exhaust = 15 more horses!!!" they only had one good episode, and that was the one were they turbod that 350z, and put that old school paint scheme on it, that was pretty cool

edit:seems like my rice math is a little rough lol

I think you're thinking of the wrong show. If Overhaulin is what I think it is, its damn awesome. I saw one where they turned a 60's mustang into a beast. Looked damn sexy and amazing interior. Best part was the Ford crate engine they had in there and a bunch of goodies on it...

jaysas_63
12-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

I think you're thinking of the wrong show. If Overhaulin is what I think it is, its damn awesome. I saw one where they turned a 60's mustang into a beast. Looked damn sexy and amazing interior. Best part was the Ford crate engine they had in there and a bunch of goodies on it...

lol no sorry for the confusion in my first post i was talkin about how overhaullin is cool, and in my second post i was talkin about that chessy show on speed

edit: damn sp..*cheesy

badseed
12-07-2004, 01:30 AM
:barf: , pure tacky :thumbsdow . It's so friggin flashy in such a bad way.

Zephyr
12-07-2004, 01:30 AM
eh...at least he got to experience the show...props to that

since im a fellow 240 owner..it brings a tear to my eye, especially that it is a coupe as well...why.. 240s are hard to get as it is down here and this one just makes a mockery...but still, the owner had no say in the modifications

CKY
12-07-2004, 01:42 AM
lol did they jack his racing seats? or just put leather over em?

Zephyr
12-07-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by CKY
lol did they jack his racing seats? or just put leather over em?

lol i hope they got jacked.. megan racing is cheap piece of made in taiwan shit (its okay i can say it, im taiwanese lol) then again.. i use a lot of megan racing crap cuz i get it for free or factory price haha

theken
12-07-2004, 01:46 AM
so megan racing stuff is no good?? not even the intercoolers

Zephyr
12-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by theken
so megan racing stuff is no good?? not even the intercoolers

it's getting up there... its all generic stuff.. im currently using their strut tower bars front and rear and their gauges...the gauges r really nice for generic.... dont ask me how much i got them for but i got them for free lol.... if u want megan racing crap for dirt cheap just message me ill see what i can do through my connections with megan racing employees

then again...if i can get the seats for free or cheap ill be sporting them too hahaha

turbo'dGSR
12-07-2004, 03:19 AM
aa not bad, spray the rims gunmetal, rip the wing off, rip the decals off, and its a nice ride. Considering he was talking in his thread about sellin parts and stuff later on. Probably still has his first bodykit at home! the X is gettin' scammed!

dieselpower91
12-07-2004, 03:29 AM
The rear seat or whatever the 3 xboxs are in looks like crap, same with the door panels... look at the material on the insert.. it isn't smoothed properly and looks like crap. and who the hell puts orange and green together! especially spoiler/mirrors orange. rest of the car green :barf::barf::barf:
love the ugly tail light covers... looks like something you'd see on a tempo or something.
I agree with the majority, way better before they touched it!

If that show ever got ahold of my Nova I would lose it!!! they would probaly put a fucking water fountain or something in it.

Overhaulin is good though! still wouldn't want them to do my car up without getting my plans/ideas for it!

BumpinTalon
12-07-2004, 02:17 PM
in my opinion, Chip Foose's taste in cars is so good I would turn my car over to him in a second, no questions asked. I like overhaulin because they spend like $70,000 on the cars and they turn them into show winners for free.

GQNammer
12-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I like how the rear bumper is about 3-4 inches higher than the sideskirt.

Pimp my ride is for ricers btw.

Overhaulin is where it's at

Johnny@CustomAuto
12-07-2004, 02:41 PM
That car looks :eek:

Don't forget your local Custom Auto is the Megan Racing Dealer for Calgary.

delsol_rockstar
12-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Ok why diddent he just get the car painted from before it would of looked way better. now its :barf:

86max
12-07-2004, 02:59 PM
There's threads in all the nissan/240 forums about this. Everyone is in uproar lol. I think one guy on 240sxforums.com actually made a death threat to one of the WCC guys:rofl:

Zephyr
12-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Johnny@CustomAuto
That car looks :eek:

Don't forget your local Custom Auto is the Megan Racing Dealer for Calgary.

u guys sell that bullshit too??? wow its reached canada tooo! :rofl: :rofl:

ninjak84
12-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Holy shit that car looks bad.

blueripper6
12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
HAHAHAHA... buddy got owned!
This better be one of those TV shoes where they do something really fucken stupid/ugly then tell u "u can now watch TV on ur 46" tv screen in ur steering wheel, u can watch your self ur on hidden camera show!":rofl:

finboy
12-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
in my opinion, Chip Foose's taste in cars is so good I would turn my car over to him in a second, no questions asked. I like overhaulin because they spend like $70,000 on the cars and they turn them into show winners for free.

some of the graphics he chooses aren't my taste, but they don't hack the cars on that show. in the mustang episode they PROPERLY repaired all the rust, they even installed a complete front clip :burnout:

jaysas_63
12-08-2004, 01:25 AM
i really think that most of the ppl that get there cars "pimped out" do it for the electronics they get for free.....like i would definatly give em a POS, get it back and sell the ugly rims/ stero system/ tv's, and make a cool 20 G's on the stuff....

BumpinTalon
12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
yeah right. 20Gs? fuck no. remember the mustang convertible they put the photo booth in?? how they said it had 5,000 watt amps?? those amps were maybe 500 watts a peice, and they were Coustics amps that are worthless anyway.

crazydave
12-08-2004, 05:18 PM
i personally think that cars like these give the sport compact scene a bad rap, but if the dude that got it likes it, than thats cool. its his car not ours. and thank god for that:thumbsup:

240droptop
12-09-2004, 11:05 AM
OMG!:barf: :barf: :barf: What the heck is that. MAn All that car needed was a bity of paint and some time. And what did pimp my ride do they put TOO much paint And spent to little of time! Man I'm boycoting X:whipped:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Well, I respect the attention to detail bestowed upon this car. Doing a car up like that is no easy task.

As far as styling goes, no I don't like it one bit. However, I'm willing to bet that someone does.
Everyone that's played Need for Speed: Underground knows that they've made a custom car on there and thought, "Man, that car would look awesome in my driveway. "

But take it out of the game and put it in the real world, and a lot of things you added in the game (ie roof scoops, spinners, massive CF hood scoops, crazy ground effects) would make the car look way overdone and bloated in the real world.

Sure, the flames are hideous.
Sure, the body kit is outrageous compared to the old one.
Sure, the three XBOX's look they'll fall out of the seat under hard braking.

But that's not the real point of the show. I'd love to see them do a mad engine swap, suspension, etc, but that's not what Pimp My Ride is about at all. It's about good cutsom shops like WCC (Who do fantastic work, just check out that 300C) taking a POS and making it look good on TV. I like to think that most Beyonders know that this car would probably get its ass handed to it on the track, but car enthusiasts like us aren't the target audience here.

We see the "before" pic and think, "Wow, with a little work, that car could look good and be fast enough to peel the paint off of its opponents!" We see the after pics, and think "WHY? What have they done to that car? Why didn't they do something worthwhile?" I know I certainly do.

Unfortunately, The target audience is people who see the "before" pics and think "Ewww, what a POS beater." Then the car gets finished, and they think, "WOW! Shiny!!!"

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that this show, while it is about cars,per se, is not made for car enthusiasts. Me, I'd much rather watch Overhaulin', because I think it's a nice mix of style and performance that they put into the cars. But I'm not going to bash WCC for doing what they do.

22inBaLLeR
12-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Hey Guys, Trust me, that car is all MTV producers. We have no say in color, graphics, interior, etc. NO say at all. Remember we build badass cars all day long...do you see us hyping this one or any other PMR cars? never have, never will. MTV does shows that pull in ratings and cheesball gimmicks that they have us pull off are for the people that arent so much into the industry and dont know shit about cars. keep checking in out site and see the new installs and custom mods we are doing to our own cars and customers cars...thats where its at. The site is updated fairly often.

Later,

Chad@WCC

CryoCarnage
12-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Man if i were him, i would remove the decals, change the trans to auto and get a new paint job. Better yet, get a new car.

22inBaLLeR
12-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Trans is auto

-C@WCC

/////AMG
12-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer
Pimp my ride is for ricers btw.

Overhaulin is where it's at

:werd:

crazydave
12-11-2004, 02:44 PM
chips my hero:drool: :clap:

240droptop
12-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by CryoCarnage
Man if i were him, i would remove the decals, change the trans to auto and get a new paint job. Better yet, get a new car.

I'd change it to 5 spd rip decals of paint it and get a new hood

schmooot
12-13-2004, 03:54 PM
anybody seen the latest pimp my ride with the landcruiser? I was about to turn it off cuz I thought they were gona ghey rice out that beauty. They actually made it up really nice

sputnik
12-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Pimp My Ride is all about comedy.

Anyone who takes it seriously needs to be taken out back and beaten for a while.

fcuk_it
12-13-2004, 05:34 PM
haha im watching the episode on mtv rite now...

Sean@WCC
12-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Pimp My Ride is all about comedy.

Anyone who takes it seriously needs to be taken out back and beaten for a while.

Exactly!!!! MTV wanted a show about people , not cars. It justed happened to involve cars. You should have seen are reactions when we saw the car. Paint it the right color and do an engine and trans swap and the car would have been great. In MTV's eyes, all car people love the "fast and furious" look. I tryed to make them under stand the differance between Fast and furious, and JDM. They didn't get it. :banghead:

Sean

TracerFx
12-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

I wouldn't doubt it, they show off everything on TV.

take pictures infront of their house and blammo, next day I'm sure the car would be stripped clean

man...the show is so pimpin that they never show you the footage of the guy/girl in the middle of the highway crying while her car's being jacked.

I wonder why they don't put any security system in the so called "pimped" out cars...hmm...maybe cuz they spent the budget on 2 useless xbox or other useless crap?

Sean@WCC
12-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Actually we do put alarms in all of the cars. Remember it is only a half hour show. We do alot of stuff to the cars that never make it to air.

Sean

hollywood_35
02-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I think Pimp My Ride makes WCC look like dummies. They know how to fix cars and do wicked lowriders, with the outrageous paint jobs and crazy electronics. I just think that they pick the wrong cars to pimp out for the show. Like the Trans Am they did, that wasn't too nice in my opinion... huge dubs and a chadelier... it's a muscle car. The 240sx just pushes it even more, it's just a bad execution of a nice car. And ever time I watch the show it makes me wonder, what do these cars end up looking like a few years down the road. They couldn't take care of it before, how could they take care of it now? I agree the show is comedy, but other people must think they're stupid for doing this to cars. I on the other hand know that the cars they do as a business are some of the sickest vehciles on the road.

/////AMG
02-06-2005, 06:05 PM
It's not wasted talent. They do a lot of other things to private customers. Like they sa dMTV is gay and they want everything to look like rice. Period.

Sean@WCC
02-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Well, we start filming season 3 on monday!!! Hopefully this season will be better. I think the MTV guys are learning to listen to us a bit more.

Xtina,

right now I think its just me and Chad around here.

Sean

hollywood_35
02-07-2005, 11:06 PM
If I were you I'd tell MTV that you want to make the cars suitable to their style. Like make muscle cars look tough, make lowriders look low, and make fast cars look fast. You guys should also try and do some engine mods too. :whipped:

schurchill39
02-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I think you should stop adding gay personal things in the cars like that chandelier. and DO PERFORMANCE MODS! Believe it or not people actually tune in to learn stuff. Please do your part in minimizing ricers

ex1z7
02-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Hahaha.. I wait to see what the chrome rims look like on the hurting cars in the end.. I don't think theres been an episode I've seen that hasn't had chrome and something that shouldn't be there :| Like the lava lamps in the beatle ? Chandalier in the Trans? What the hell :|..

Some performance mods would be sweet - but if they were to start doing that sort've thing there would be another big bitch-fest on the type of brands they use, or the things they do.. I/H/E wouldn't be good enough unless it was HKS.. Turbo wouldn't be good enough unless it's Garrett..

:dunno:

I think they do some really nice work, like the inserts they do in seats and such - the flowers on that Baja beatle or the flames on that truck .. That was pretty cool.. For what they have to work with, WCC does a good job IMO.

ZorroAMG
02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Ahahaha, all you people postin "do this, don't do that" blah blah, did you not read that WCC has no say over what really gets done to the car? It's called ignorant producers barking orders to raise ratings cause it's mostly 15-24 yr olds watching the show and they love the long grain.

240droptop
02-08-2005, 01:48 PM
I stiil think that you guys sould whow the praducers this thread to ssee what people really think and not what there numbers tell them

abyss
02-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 240droptop
I stiil think that you guys sould whow the praducers this thread to ssee what people really think and not what there numbers tell them

:eek: holy spelling!

RWD
02-08-2005, 04:25 PM
can someone post the pictures ic ant even see it...

finboy
02-08-2005, 05:41 PM
i want to see PMR take on a lada niva, and put some spinners on it :bigpimp: :rofl:

Sean@WCC
02-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Ahahaha, all you people postin "do this, don't do that" blah blah, did you not read that WCC has no say over what really gets done to the car? It's called ignorant producers barking orders to raise ratings cause it's mostly 15-24 yr olds watching the show and they love the long grain.

Well......I couldn't have put it better my self!!!!!

The producers run the show, look at it like there the customer. They pay us to build the cars, we do what they say. We add in our opinion and sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't .

Look at our Convertable 300C, and the HHR. Thats the kind of stuff we really build. And even those cars were built in a month or less. Just wait until you see our next big car, i'm building a 2 door hard top 300C. Picture our convertable one with the roof still on it put chop topped 3 inches.

Sean

habsfan
02-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Sean@WCC
Picture our convertable one with the roof still on it put chop topped 3 inches.

hawt:drool: :hitit: