PDA

View Full Version : quick/easy to prepare healthy meals

finboy
12-07-2004, 12:50 AM
okay, so since my dad's heart attack the house has been rid of a lot of unhealthy foods, which is probably in my best intrest as i'm trying to get into shape anyways.

the issue lies in the fact that all this healthy food seems like crap in comparrison to its unhealthy counterpart, or requires time to make a decent meal.

i'm an impatient person and think kraft dinner takes too long to make so i'm wondering if anyone here has good ideas for quick meals that can be made that still taste good and won't pump my arteries full of collesteral.

buh_buh
12-07-2004, 12:58 AM
if Kraft dinner already takes too long, then you may be in a bit of trouble. Most healthy food involves cooking, which in turn involves time. Sorry to hear about your dad though.

finboy
12-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
if Kraft dinner already takes too long, then you may be in a bit of trouble. Most healthy food involves cooking, which in turn involves time. Sorry to hear about your dad though.

thanks man, he's fine, happened a while ago, actually helped him get into shape and probably saved him in the long run (small heart attack)

why does healthy food take sooooo much work, i'm lazy damnit :(

Idratherbsidewayz
12-07-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by finboy

thanks man, he's fine, happened a while ago, actually helped him get into shape and probably saved him in the long run (small heart attack)

why does healthy food take sooooo much work, i'm lazy damnit :(

If you want quick, be prepared to pay out your arse. Go to community health store and check out some of the instant stuff. And if that isn't up your alley, get a slow cooker. Pretty much toss anything in there and let it sit all day. You'll have an amazing meal by dinner. It doesn't take more than 10-15 mins to prepare depending what you make, and no frying or anything like that...

djayz
12-07-2004, 01:11 AM
^^
try cooking yourself up a few meals once you get the hang off it youll find it fun to make new foods up by mixing up things.

finboy
12-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by djayz
^^
try cooking yourself up a few meals once you get the hang off it youll find it fun to make new foods up by mixing up things.

tried cooking, bores the hell out of me

i think i need to open a subway franchise in my house :rofl:

MM99lude
12-07-2004, 01:49 AM
there are many healthy meals that are quick and easy. I dont know what your definition of "unhealthy foods" is, but what i usually try and do is cook something early in the week and use that as a platform.

Ex. I usually cook 2-4 chicken breasts, these i do first with seasoning on a frying pan with minimal oil and then in the oven till they are cooked, they come out soft and tender and are great for making quick sandwhiches, or cook up some pasta and throw together with sauce for a bit more of a dinner feel. Other then that stick to a lot of fruits and veggies... granola with yogurt is an awsome quick healthy snack...

you could also buy a cook book or grab one from the library that has healthy easy/quick meals in it.

hope that helps some what

finboy
12-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by MM99lude
there are many healthy meals that are quick and easy. I dont know what your definition of "unhealthy foods" is, but what i usually try and do is cook something early in the week and use that as a platform.

Ex. I usually cook 2-4 chicken breasts, these i do first with seasoning on a frying pan with minimal oil and then in the oven till they are cooked, they come out soft and tender and are great for making quick sandwhiches, or cook up some pasta and throw together with sauce for a bit more of a dinner feel. Other then that stick to a lot of fruits and veggies... granola with yogurt is an awsome quick healthy snack...

you could also buy a cook book or grab one from the library that has healthy easy/quick meals in it.

hope that helps some what

sounds cool, there is always chicken breasts around here and bbq'ing them is pretty easy.

pasta works, but i have no clue about sauces.might have to check out some books.

as for fruits/viggies, ugh, i really don't like them but i have to eat them :(