PDA

View Full Version : Sticking up the wipers...

Heep
12-06-2002, 07:25 PM
Every time I see a picture of a car lot in Japan, all the cars have their wipers sticking straight up in the air. Anybody have any idea why they do this?

Example:

Dope Dealer
12-06-2002, 07:26 PM
I saw this today in a Parking Lot in Calgary, this guy had his wipers straight up. Not sure....

But that MR2 is sweet! :)

exr90
12-06-2002, 08:11 PM
i seen it in Calgary too, i think its so your wipers dont freeze to the windsheild......

not sure Y it would be done in that pic tho........:dunno:

szw
12-06-2002, 11:18 PM
When I wash my car (cold or not) I stick up the windshield washers like that until i get everything clean and dry.

Maybe they just washed the cars.

D'z Nutz
12-06-2002, 11:53 PM
Ask M68KACIA. He was doing it to everyone's wipers....

.... that was until I stole his! :rofl: Hahaha!!

treg50
12-07-2002, 08:27 AM
Maybe they just got done washing them like mentioned above. It is a car sale lot so maybe its just to get attention. It got yours didn't it?

That's a nice lot there: 944, MR2, Mini Cooper, CRX!!!!
:burnout:

mwmhong
12-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Yeah it probably catches more attention than if the wipers are down.

It's like the car has both arms up saying "Pick me, pick me!" :clap:

SI-vic
12-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong

It's like the car has both arms up saying "Pick me, pick me!" :clap:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

B18C
12-07-2002, 03:42 PM
i used to do it to all my friends and told them it looked sporty

boi-alien
12-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by B18C
i used to do it to all my friends and told them it looked sporty

it's even better when u do it to their back ones. they don't really notice, but when they're driving down the road everyone points and laughs at thme :D

GTS Jeff
12-07-2002, 08:08 PM
hehe has anyone ever tried turning on the wipers when theyre up? funniest thing to watch...

Heep
12-07-2002, 10:54 PM
Haha, yeah, the wipers on my car squeak real bad for some reason, so I got new wipers thinking it would fix the problem, but it didn't. So I ran the wipers with them sticking up to see if it was the motors that were squeaking (which it wasn't). It looked so funny, they just kinda rotate and move a little :D

BTW, what would be causing the squeaking? Only thing left I can think of would be some coating on the windshield...

szw
08-04-2003, 11:52 PM
to bring back this old thread and answer the question:

To prevent the wipers from getting too hot all the tim. It is believed to harden the rubber and ruin the wipers faster if you never put them up.

Many people put them up everyday at work or at the mall (in hot climates)

Redlyne_mr2
08-05-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by treg50
Maybe they just got done washing them like mentioned above. It is a car sale lot so maybe its just to get attention. It got yours didn't it?

That's a nice lot there: 944, MR2, Mini Cooper, CRX!!!!
:burnout:
Haha that looks like my driveway

Melinda
08-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Hehe we (Rolland, Becky and I) do it to fellow Beyond members to leave our mark...malls are great places to hit them...haha sometimes they find us though ;) then its war

tommy1223
08-05-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by szw
to bring back this old thread and answer the question:

To prevent the wipers from getting too hot all the tim. It is believed to harden the rubber and ruin the wipers faster if you never put them up.

Many people put them up everyday at work or at the mall (in hot climates)

Never knew they get hard if u dotn put them up in hot weathers....

hampstor
08-05-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
hehe has anyone ever tried turning on the wipers when theyre up? funniest thing to watch...

HAHA me and some friends used to do that when leaving the saddledome parking lot or during any traffic jams for entertainment. Everyone who sees it laughs!

Davetronz
08-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Hehe we (Rolland, Becky and I) do it to fellow Beyond members to leave our mark...malls are great places to hit them...haha sometimes they find us though ;) then its war
Thats it Mel, your car is getting peed on...

Firecracker
08-06-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

Thats it Mel, your car is getting peed on...
muhaha muuuuhahahaha MUUUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :angel: :rofl: :clap:

Melinda
08-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Haha go for it, it isn't going anywhere any time soon :( LOL I have cobwebs that I've had to clean off of it already