PDA

View Full Version : Share/critique workout routines!

Chim
12-07-2004, 03:30 PM
I'll start off, constructive criticisms welcome! :thumbsup:
(I'm going for mass and strength right now, exercises at the bottom with a space before are optional, of which i do 2-3 of)

Wildcat
12-07-2004, 04:54 PM
too much arms, not enough everything else, especially legs.

B17a
12-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Even though you're going for size, won't hurt to do some cardio in there, for tone if anything.

spike98
12-07-2004, 05:00 PM
I use www.freetrainers.com to plan out my routines. You just input what you want to acheive and they plan out something that works for you.

Chim
12-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
too much arms, not enough everything else, especially legs.

Hmm I already do 4-6 sets of squat/deadlifts (excluding warmup)

What else should I be doing for everything else?

Originally posted by B17a
Even though you're going for size, won't hurt to do some cardio in there, for tone if anything.

Nah, winter's coming up I need my insulation fat :D
Cardio basically goes against weight gain, I'd be making better muscle gains without it then trim off the fat later (won't be hard for me, I have skinny genes)

B17a
12-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Chim

Nah, winter's coming up I need my insulation fat :D
Cardio basically goes against weight gain, I'd be making better muscle gains without it then trim off the fat later (won't be hard for me, I have skinny genes)

Now I don't know what your body type is like and all. But I do know hardcore body builders do quite a bite of cardio too, however thats probably more to get ripped for shows. I still stand by my cardio comment, you don't want to be a huge muscle head who can't walk up 2 flights of stairs without getting winded!:D

Wildcat
12-07-2004, 05:36 PM
like, your doing 1 back exercise 2 shoulder and one ab exercise on sunday. your not even going to be sweating. then on tuesday your doing 7 exercises that involve the tricep and 5 that involve the chest :dunno: , thursday your doing the entire lower body in one day, i personally hate that. and friday is the worst all the exercises involve arms except for one and some feebly back exercises.

Chim
12-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
like, your doing 1 back exercise 2 shoulder and one ab exercise on sunday. your not even going to be sweating. then on tuesday your doing 7 exercises that involve the tricep and 5 that involve the chest :dunno: , thursday your doing the entire lower body in one day, i personally hate that. and friday is the worst all the exercises involve arms except for one and some feebly back exercises.

Err I mentioned in my original post that the exercises after the space are optional, depending what I'm feeling like that day. All my workouts are 40-50 minutes, so obviously I don't have time or energy to each and every optional exercise listed.

Deadlifts pretty much take everything out of me, thats why I just about have them on their own day. I do some rotator cuff exercises on Sunday too but I decided not to include them because not everyone agrees on their usefulness (even though I think they should be part of any exercise routine)

And I'm not sure whats wrong with legs all on the same day, isnt that how you're supposed to do it? :dunno:

Anyways keep the criticisms coming, I haven't plateau'ed for a while and I intend on keeping it that way :D

Wildcat
12-07-2004, 06:43 PM
40-50 mins is pretty short imo, im usually in the gym 1.5-2hrs every time i go. i think you should try considering the types of motions you are doing in your exercises to the types of muscles being exercised.