PDA

View Full Version : Favorite university class

smokedog
12-07-2004, 09:54 PM
i know university is diffcult but there so courses i really enjoy...i took a class this semester antropology 150 dealing with race and racism in the world..very intersting discussion in class..i know there are some course that are interesting..just wanna know which is ur favorite(s)?

custommx
12-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Cree 151 slack class, today we sang christmas songs lol, have a lot more respect for aboriginal people now, and plus I bet nobdoy else can sing little drummer boy in northern plains cree :thumbsup:

Gondi Stylez
12-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Sociology 2213 - Marriages and Families! Awsome class and EXTREMLY interesting!

D'z Nutz
12-07-2004, 11:53 PM
CNST 333 - A comparison of Canadian and American Cultures with Stoltz. Class was so interesting. I STILL talk about things discussed in that class.

V6-BoI
12-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Hmm... all the classes in engg kinda suck.
But I guess I would go with engg 251/253 cuz they were easy, haha

kiwi
12-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Anth 201 - I thought it was interesting, & we got to watch videos every class... lol, there was a LOT to memorize for the exmas, but the interesting topics kept me motivated :thumbsup:

Then went on to take Anth 311... still interesting, but got the worst prof ever! :thumbsdow :banghead: :whipped:

Math 211 - easiest math course you can take!

GTS Jeff
12-08-2004, 01:09 AM
RELIG 274 - Witchcraft and the Occult

i know how to cast spells now fuckers.

Marsh
12-08-2004, 01:12 AM
Anth 201 and Poli213

I never shutup about those classes haha

A_3
12-08-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
CNST 333 - A comparison of Canadian and American Cultures with Stortz. Class was so interesting. I STILL talk about things discussed in that class.

I just had Stortz for csnt201, I was thinking about going on and doing 333 later. He's a pretty interesting prof, has some great idea's. We've touched on the comparisons a couple times and they've been highlights. :thumbsup:

D'z Nutz
12-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by A_3

I just had Stortz for csnt201, I was thinking about going on and doing 333 later. He's a pretty interesting prof, has some great idea's. We've touched on the comparisons a couple times and they've been highlights. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the guy's freakin' awesome. I really like how he doesn't try to impose his beliefs and ideas onto people like some profs (and people in general) do. He tries to keep things as neutral as possible and is open to other arguments as long as you can back them up.

CNST 333 was a good class on its own, but if you could take it with Stortz, I'd highly recommend it, especially if you've already taken a class with him. I took it during the summer when it was just like a month long and I feel so cheated, cause the class discussions were so involved we seriously only did probably 2 or 3 days worth of actual planned lecture material. I'm not sure how he organizes it during the regular semesters, but when I took it during the summer the classes were 3 hours. Each day two people were supposed to start and present a class discussion 40 minutes each: 20 minutes for the presentation and 20 minutes for class discussion (and the rest of the class time being lecture time). In some of the cases the discussions got so involved they easily took over an hour and spilled over to the next day. Like this one guy in the class, Brock, always had something to say and would never shut up! :D Hahaha! (Just kidding man!)

Some really cool topics discussed in that class. I had actually planned on showing up for some of the lectures we missed, but he was only teaching the course this semester on Saturdays. I think he teaches another course on Women's Rights as well. At first it sounds like a class about Women's liberation related topics, but he said it actually covers other topics as well that followed after the women's rights movements which introduced a whole different train of thought (ie: Black/minority/civil rights). I'm considering taking that if I can fit it into my schedule.

WhiteNikes
12-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Provided you were awake in high school science classes geology 209 is pretty easy. I have had to go to all the lectures but I stopped reading the book after the 3rd chapter. 3 multiple chioce tests.

Ajay
12-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
CNST 333 - A comparison of Canadian and American Cultures with Stortz. Class was so interesting. I STILL talk about things discussed in that class.

:werd:

I did that class as well and it was quite interesting. As long as you take it with Felske. Heard the other guy that teaches it is just brutal and packs on the assignments.

A friend of mine wrote his paper on drug policy (which we dubbed the weed paper) in that class and ended up learning ALOT in comparison of the two countries.

Kremlin
12-11-2004, 12:12 AM
GRST211 is the easiest course ever. In fact, I hear they're talking about removing it from the curriculum soon because it's too easy. All online, no lectures. Online quizzes once in a while. If you're smart, you can figure out a way to get all of the questions and answers to the quizzes ahead of time...

EDM
12-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Kremlin
GRST211 is the easiest course ever. In fact, I hear they're talking about removing it from the curriculum soon because it's too easy. All online, no lectures. Online quizzes once in a while. If you're smart, you can figure out a way to get all of the questions and answers to the quizzes ahead of time...

cool, im going to be taking it in the winter ;)

my favorite courses are:

psyc 205, sgma395, biol233

Stratus_Power
12-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Econ 101 at UofA w/ Dr. Gordon Lee. Best prof i've had in the last 2.5 years, really really enjoyed it

Singel
12-11-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by WhiteNikes
Provided you were awake in high school science classes geology 209 is pretty easy. I have had to go to all the lectures but I stopped reading the book after the 3rd chapter. 3 multiple chioce tests.

Are you taking it this semester?

Out of my whole 5 course experience at uni I guess I'd take Glgy 209, its atleast have decently interesting.

YCB
12-11-2004, 03:15 AM
everyone's favorite course is gonna be for sure the ones they got A's in.. hahaha

who likes a course that they failed??

20incheyes
12-11-2004, 01:09 PM
the best course I took at the Ü was MGST 571 or something like that, Managemnet of International trade iwth Ray Joyce

highly recomended

130R
12-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Kremlin

actually the final is now in-class to prevent everyone from cheating in the course.

glgy209 was hella easy, i didn't even show up to class except to write the exams and i got A+, but i won't say it was my favourite class.

i'm not sure i have a favourite class so far

Mckenzie
12-14-2004, 09:44 AM
MUHL 309.11 The History of the Rolling Stones.....I dont think it can get any better than that.:thumbsup:

I found Astronomy 205, History of the Cold War 383 and SGMA 395 cool as well.

idriveabox
12-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Mt Royal courses:

Econ 1160 super easy and good discussions!!

Rels 2205 "nature of religion" great overview with an awesome prof. that made sure it was good!

Chim
12-14-2004, 10:16 PM
So far for me, its been Marketing 317. By no means easy, but my most enjoyable class (some people are going to call me crazy for this haha)

pints
12-17-2004, 01:38 AM
ARHI 201 with Stocking. The guy was hilarious, He hated everything: Liberals, Conservatives, Hippies, the University...
Just waited for the class when he would cough up his lung.

eblend
12-21-2004, 09:02 AM
dapends on what faculty you are in, but these some of the easiest classes i took

Econ 201
econ 203
cpsc 203(program requirement for me so bug off)
psyc205

and these are the most enjoyable ones
Marketing 317
SGMA 395
Psych345
Acct317

and if u are in business and u take psych 345.....in all your business classes you will be talking about all the stuff you learned in there, so its really useful

eblend
12-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Chim
So far for me, its been Marketing 317. By no means easy, but my most enjoyable class (some people are going to call me crazy for this haha)

don't feel bad, look at my reply a few replies under urs

Weapon_R
12-21-2004, 11:47 AM
By far, the most interesting class i've taken at the University was Poli 437 with Dr. Barry.

The class material is interesting. The class is titled "Canada-U.S. relations", and you see a lot of interesting topics.

The most interesting aspect, however, is the prof. himself. He does everything to make sure that his students do well. He is pretty funny. Each day, we'd do a different topic and he'd dress up for it. For example, he would speak about a certain prime minister who always wore bow ties, and he would come to class wearing a suit much like that.

He was also hilarious in class. He always would tease students for going to the washroom or coming late, but not in a negative way. It would be funny, even for the person going to the washroom. He would always crack jokes or comments, and most of the class really respected this guy. He even helped one of my friends, who had failed the midterm, by giving him the chance to place a greater emphasis on the paper and the final exam so he'd still have a chance to do well.

He would give the students "examples" of what would be on the midterm, and surprise surprise, guess what was on the midterm ;).

He gave us the questions to our final exam. We just had to write down what we prepared for earlier while in the exam.

Very fun professor. Worth going to class just to see his antics haha.

cycosis
12-21-2004, 11:55 AM
ANTH 201 with Dr. Keating from the calgary zoo. such an interesting course.. well, the human evolution part sucked but the primatology was sweet

abyss
12-21-2004, 03:22 PM
I liked Japanese 2205 and 2207 at Mt. royal same stuff I took in High school! I also liked bio there too. Can't remember the # though.

erun2990
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
soci201 with dumas.

dirtsniffer
09-11-2013, 08:44 AM
holy shit bump from the dead.

Manhattan
09-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Does anyone remember Econ 201 or 203 with Holden? The Jerry Springer lecture ... :rofl:

Lex350
09-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Don't remember the course number (way too long ago) but the class I enjoyed the most was a Philosophy course on metaphysics. You basically went to class to argue for the entire time. :D

xnvy
09-11-2013, 03:53 PM
JPNS 205 with Sharp