PDA

View Full Version : is it true what they say about Bran/ Bran Flakes?

Jacs
12-08-2004, 06:04 AM
that if you are a nervous person, eating a bowlful a day or whenever of Bran Flakes, or I dunno, maybe adding Bran to your brekkie, will help strengthen the nerves?

:dunno:

jaysas_63
12-08-2004, 08:46 AM
well there is no doubt that bran flakes are good for ya, u got plenty of fibre, with almost no sugar....but ive never heard that it strenthens ur nerves...besides nerves, and u being nervous do not have anything to do with each other, nevers control ur motor movement, ans senstations of touch, and electric pathways in tha brain....but nervousness is just a pshycological problem u kno.....but i suppose if u eat enough of it and are like...i think it wrks, i think it wrks, i think it wrks, u'll have some self-fulfilling prohicey shit goin down lol

Jacs
12-08-2004, 09:42 AM
yeah dude, ur talking about 'convincing the mind' waht u want to believe.

I suppose......but hey, just askin

its what they put down............

to get

'Nerves of Steel':bigpimp:

statick
12-08-2004, 01:20 PM
i duno bout this nervousness thing...but it helps ur bowel regularity:thumbsup:

1badPT
12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
I dunno... I've never heard of bran affecting you mentally.

Omega fatty acids on the other hand have very well documented positive affects on mood - Omega 3, 6 and 9 especially. Fish oils and primrose oils are especially rich in Omega fatty acids if you like taking supplements or if you prefer to supply it through diet, fresh fish and eggs are your best bets.

xrayvsn
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
If by nerves, you mean irritable bowel, then increasing fibre in your diet has been shown to be beneficial. Usually the reccomendation is to limit caffeine intake, and increase your fibre intake, which is in high quantity in bran/bran flakes.

Wildcat
12-09-2004, 02:21 AM
bran is good for pooping.

JeremyD
12-09-2004, 08:35 AM
I am not sure if it is Bran specifically or just the fact that by eating healthy your brain will function better and as a result you will find clarity of thought, probably less nervousness, greater awareness and the like.

2.0turbo
12-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by statick
i duno bout this nervousness thing...but it helps ur bowel regularity:thumbsup:

Anytime I'm in need of a good crap, I just get in the talon, step really hard on the gas and because I'm so scared something will break, I shit my pants. Maybe I should buy some bran...

1badPT
12-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo

Anytime I'm in need of a good crap, I just get in the talon, step really hard on the gas and because I'm so scared something will break, I shit my pants. Maybe I should buy some bran...
... and a new car seat.

Tyler883
12-11-2004, 05:41 PM
beer strengthens my nerves, :burnout: