PDA

View Full Version : i got another accident

Rockski
12-08-2004, 11:19 PM
well, as all you know, its damn icy out...

me and my buddy were going down the whitemud heading east, which is an 80 road... my buddy was defencivly driving in the fast lane and passing a car, when a red bimmer (fairly certain) comes barreling out of the slow lane accrossthe middle (which has a car in in that we're passing) and cuts infront of my buddy... this car is doing about 10 less then we were so buddy (pat) tapped/pumpped the brakes a couple of times, the car started to rotate clockwise, he then let up on the brakes, car righted itself... meanwhile red bimmer must not of seen him cut us off proceedes to SLOW DOWN MORE...:confused: ... pat has to nail the brakes to keep it from being a case of rearending the car, nails the 4 foot cement divider with his front fender and regains control... after this whole shinanigin, we catch up to the red bimmer, point at the damage and then make a "pull over" gesture to discuss what happened and exchange information... all three people in the car look at us shake thier heads NO and drive away... we got thier plate (could mods edit this out if it shouldnt be here) *UMF 339*

could anybody in this forumn up here in edmonton keep an eye out for the car

and what should we do in this case, it wasnt a hit and run, but there is damage to my buddies car...

oh yea, and does anybody have a driver side front fender for a 92 tercell DX?

Kirbs17
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I think your best bet would be to just keep an eye out for them, and confront them. Just tell them that their dumb ass driving fucked up your car. I highyl doubt that they'll give you their information or any money though. Shitty deal though :thumbsdow

ricosuave
12-08-2004, 11:44 PM
how about taking it to the cops?

djayz
12-08-2004, 11:49 PM
yah taking it to the cops would be a good idea
but it wouldnt be a case if they never hit you...i think

DelSoln
12-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Damn sorry to hear about that. Whitemud is such a bitch at times. You could report this to the police but I think you're not going to be able to go far with this.

2002civic
12-09-2004, 12:34 AM
what would the cops say? you were too close and going to fast for the conditions and should have been able to slowdown...even though they were assholes still your fault, at least thats what i got out of your jumble of words

Rockski
12-09-2004, 01:13 AM
sorry about the jumble
im just kinda a little pissed off and shaken up about today
i mean twice in one day...

GoChris
12-09-2004, 09:40 AM
someone cutting you off doesnt mean you where following to close! i would talk to the cops to see what they say.

Zero102
12-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Bad day, no? I think it's time to start taking a bus ;)

Perhaps the cops can follow up on it. I've seen several cases where somebody who was driving dangerously caused an accident, without acutally getting hit, and was still responsible for it.

Try giving them a shout.

Xtrema
12-09-2004, 11:31 AM
From your description, 80% of the chance that you're driving too fast for the condition.

import_illusion
12-09-2004, 04:38 PM
i don't think cops can really do anything because i learned that whoever's vehicle is behind, it's their fault and technically they didnt' hit you or anything

Skylinelover
12-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
From your description, 80% of the chance that you're driving too fast for the condition.

So your telling me I can drive 50 on the deerfoot because it is icy?

digitalshogun
12-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Skylinelover

So your telling me I can drive 50 on the deerfoot because it is icy?

Ummm ... yeah. Anywhere close to rushhour and you will be lucky to get over 10 most icy winter days lol.

However ... and this is a BIG problem in Alberta. No one clears the passing lane. No one. Americans drive better than Albertans lol. If you do not have a left turn to make in 100 - 50 meters, there is no reason for you to be in that lane. Traffic would be a lot less of a problem and traffic would flow quite nicely. Plus a lot less accidents; icy road conditions or not. Deerfoot, Crowchild and the #1 heading to Banff all have really bad problems with this. I have seen people becoming "road police" and changing into the lane to slow people down. Not to mention the people scared of merging traffic that get all the way over just to avoid it and then travel 10 under the limit. All you are doing is pissing people off. Use it to pass ... that's it.