PDA

View Full Version : Amp Question: DVC?

Pete92SL
12-07-2002, 04:29 PM
How do I know if my amp is able to run a Dual Voice Coil sub? What should I be looking for on my amp. All I know is that the amp is a mono….I can’t find the manual for it. The model number is MRP-M200 and it is made by Alpine.

Thanks,

Pete

redline_13000
12-07-2002, 05:08 PM
it should be able to run it..when ur wiring the sub follow the manual though, theyre not wired like normal subs

Pete92SL
12-07-2002, 05:19 PM
hey, thanks..

I'm having future shop install it with the custom box and alarm and stuff.

Thanks again.

Pete

Big C
12-07-2002, 07:35 PM
any amp can run a DVC sub
to run that sub reliably(or at your amps full potential), it depends on the impedance of each of the voice coils, how low of a load your amp can support (in ohms), and how many subs you're running etc.

That.Guy.S30
12-08-2002, 06:24 PM
dont get it done at future shop
they do a real shitty job.. i got a custom box there and they liek drilled unnecessary holes in my car
and the box was shitty too.. looked like they did it in an hour

theken
12-08-2002, 06:48 PM
i never understand why people go to future shop for a custom install, future shop is a place for dvds and computers and shit not to get a custom install. If you want to get something like done you should go to a place that deals with that all the time like audio concepts, cause thats all they deal in. you dont go to safeway to buy shoes.

Weapon_R
12-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by theken
i never understand why people go to future shop for a custom install, future shop is a place for dvds and computers and shit not to get a custom install. If you want to get something like done you should go to a place that deals with that all the time like audio concepts, cause thats all they deal in. you dont go to safeway to buy shoes.

Actually, Future shop did one of the nicest installs I have ever seen for my friend. It looks incredible and it fits perfectly. I guess its just the luck of the draw

Big C
12-08-2002, 08:08 PM
you dont go to safeway to buy shoes.

whoa time out
you dont?
speak for yourself :D :tongue:

Thor
12-11-2002, 12:06 AM

well personally, I'm not a huge FS fan either... but that is also because I do all my own installing and that will not change.

but, does this look like a crappy install to you?
http://www.hucalmotorsports.com/iB_sjc/uploads/post-6-86907-dscf0027.jpg

Yup, future shop in S'toon did that one in the trunk of a lebaron belonging to a girl I know.

I think it's pretty damn good IMO

12V
12-18-2002, 11:22 PM
I'll do it