PDA

View Full Version : What are YOU eyeing on Boxing day?

Neil4Speed
12-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey Guys,

Its that time of year again, Christmas, which inevitably means boxing day. What are you guys looking out for?

I am looking out for maybe

An HDTV
That Shaw PVR
Wireless Keyboard Mouse
A PC Case
A Video Card

Go nuts!

Singel
12-09-2004, 08:35 PM
I don't think Boxing Day is really a big deal up here in Canada as much as it would seem from the states. Last time I went, I didn't see any discounts at all on any electronics or anything, the only thing you'll really save on is Wrapping paper and cards...but I'm sure there are exceptions

nismodrifter
12-09-2004, 08:38 PM
hopin for some cheap parts at Concept 1 :D
datz about it...maybe some clothes??
Most of the stuff isn't crazy good deal anyways, if you keep an ee on sales durign the year you can usually pick up the same stuff for that price anyways..but SOMETIMES you catch a good deal which is always good.

D'z Nutz
12-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Singel
I don't think Boxing Day is really a big deal up here in Canada as much as it would seem from the states. Last time I went, I didn't see any discounts at all on any electronics or anything, the only thing you'll really save on is Wrapping paper and cards...but I'm sure there are exceptions

You'd be surprised. Some places in the US don't even know what the fuck Boxing Day is. But a lot of the states have a day after thanksgiving sale which is equivalent to our boxing day (only a month earlier).

Lately Boxing Day sales haven't been what they're hyped up to be. Many places don't seem to sell anything much cheaper than the rest of the year anymore.

t-im
12-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Boxing day for clothes isn't that hot...except one store. My day will start and end at Holt.

max_boost
12-09-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure! I hate Boxing Day. Parking and the crowds make me get angry!!

Although if I was to go out, I'd hit Holt for Burberry Earmuffs!

Lyndsi

habsfan
12-09-2004, 08:59 PM
i might look for an mp3 player, other than that, not much really. i dont have the patience to go shopping for long on boxing day
:banghead:

88CRX
12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
deck for car :thumbsup:

MenteL
12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
speakers for my car and an mp3 player!! :D

ricosuave
12-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Hey Guys,

Its that time of year again, Christmas, which inevitably means boxing day. What are you guys looking out for?

I am looking out for maybe

An HDTV
That Shaw PVR
Wireless Keyboard Mouse
A PC Case
A Video Card

Go nuts!

yeah, a hdtv and pvr would be sweet...

better stay outta my way... LOL

just kidding - the struggle isnt worth it to me.

rico

blinkme_210
12-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Probably look for a motorized in dash DVD or something for my car. Nothing else really. I find that BestBuy/Futureshop are the only places that actually have good deals come Boxing Day, some maybe even worth waiting for.

As for the girlfriend, she wants to go clothes shopping :rollseyes:. And when it comes to clothes, it's all the stuff that the store couldn't sell during the year that they try to unload for cheap.

Team_Mclaren
12-09-2004, 09:10 PM
clothes... thats all.. why dont performance shops have huge savings on boxing day.... ie: 50% off anything kidna thing...:D

Skylinelover
12-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Maybe get an ipod. I really want a psp though.

Neil4Speed
12-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah Clothing stores generally are pretty lame when it comes to boxing day.

AB sound, Visions, Best Buy, FS go crazy.

Great thing about BB/FS is that they have it online which makes stuff allot easier.

Skyline_Addict
12-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Lately Boxing Day sales haven't been what they're hyped up to be. Many places don't seem to sell anything much cheaper than the rest of the year anymore.

so true, you don't see any clothing stores going over 50% these days. you'd be lucky to find 30%.

t-im
12-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

so true, you don't see any clothing stores going over 50% these days. you'd be lucky to find 30%.

bwahahahaha

holt renfrew
50% off
and if you use your holt card on the first day, it's an additional 10% off

on tons of stuff..but not all

muahahahah

wildrice
12-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I'm not sure! I hate Boxing Day. Parking and the crowds make me get angry!!

Although if I was to go out, I'd hit Holt for Burberry Earmuffs!

Lyndsi

does holt really have good deals on b-day?

i'm expecting urben men to have good deals

i mean they already have pretty good deals on normal days
so yea..

Neil4Speed
12-09-2004, 09:44 PM
T-im I can't believe that holt is 50% on boxing day I don't think their markups are that high.. fuck too bad I have to work if I get my job at FS.

badseed
12-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Ipod Mini!!

CRXguy
12-09-2004, 09:51 PM

You'd be surprised. Some places in the US don't even know what the fuck Boxing Day is. But a lot of the states have a day after thanksgiving sale which is equivalent to our boxing day (only a month earlier).

I think it's Black Friday or something right? It's friggin nuts! The lineups are 10x worse. Some of the prices they have are insanely low! :D

Altezza
12-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

I think it's Black Friday or something right? It's friggin nuts! The lineups are 10x worse. Some of the prices they have are insanely low! :D

Black friday, you got that right!! It's 10x better than our boxing day.

crazyning
12-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Is everything at Holt Renfrew 50% off on boxing day?
Most of the stuff is pretty nice, and at 50% off, definitely worth checking out.

t-im
12-09-2004, 10:06 PM
^ no

but alot of stuff is on sale

On boxing day, I pick up the stuff I was unsure about buying over the last few months

it's a pretty good sale if their is stuff you've wanted for awhile

statick
12-09-2004, 10:07 PM
a nice white gold ring and/or bracelet.

and any dvds/cds i mite want.

max_boost
12-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by t-im

bwahahahaha

holt renfrew
50% off
and if you use your holt card on the first day, it's an additional 10% off

on tons of stuff..but not all

muahahahah

Too bad what I want won't be on sale. It never is. :cry:

Lyndsi

Ajay
12-09-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm eyeing a parking spot at Chinook cause I work EVERY Boxing Day.

Ah well there isn't anything I really want or need right now so it's all good.

t-im
12-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Too bad what I want won't be on sale. It never is. :cry:

Lyndsi

I have 2 guesses to what you want!!!!!!~!~!~!

both of my guesses - counters are right across from each other

Bonka
12-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Boxing Day sucks ass.

I'd rather pay full price than get stampeded over by people trying to get that 13" Magnavox.

I'm going to see if I can pick up some stuff online :D

Shaolin
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
probably a new HD or a new vid card.. don't really have much I want this year.. I already got my first christmas present... will get the rest on the 24th.

CKY
12-09-2004, 10:39 PM
nothing thats in my sight currently right now, proberly just gonna go out with my family in the morning and then with a few buddies in the evening and pick up w/e comes across.

the best time to buy cloths is actually a week or so after boxing day/ new years IMO

Kamen
12-10-2004, 02:42 AM
I just walk around Robson and Pacific Center for boxing day and then check out Metrotown for the rest of boxing week...nothing big really usually just some clothes...last year I got a digicam though :D

cityhunter2501
12-10-2004, 02:54 AM
i would flip if the canon eos 300D will be 50% off

Kaos
12-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
I just walk around Robson and Pacific Center for boxing day and then check out Metrotown for the rest of boxing week...nothing big really usually just some clothes...last year I got a digicam though :D

Im gonna be up in Van that day.
Havent been there for boxing day.
Is it gonna be PACKED everywhere????

t-im
12-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Kamen

metrotown is ghetto and far!!! :rofl: :rofl:

szw
12-10-2004, 05:29 AM
haircut

frostyda9
12-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I'll be lined up to get into A&B in Nanaimo...I don't even know what for yet, but I know it'll be worth it :)

Speed_Dreams
12-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
I'll be lined up to get into A&B in Nanaimo...I don't even know what for yet, but I know it'll be worth it :)
you and I both know that you can't afford anything on boxing day. well i know i can't Xmas this year is really streaching the budget

roopi
12-11-2004, 06:36 PM

Black Friday. I here it is insane.

Fusion
12-11-2004, 06:42 PM
MP3 Player
wireless keyboard and mouse
thats it . just bought a jacket for 550 bucks out of money now..;)

Kamen
12-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

Im gonna be up in Van that day.
Havent been there for boxing day.
Is it gonna be PACKED everywhere????

Yea...last year I saw guys line up for Futureshop starting 9pm on Dec 25th...
And Robson is crazy packed as with the malls...but lots of girls though :D

Originally posted by t-im

metrotown is ghetto and far!!! :rofl: :rofl:

How is it ghetto? It's a big mall to me...
And it's not far if you live in Burnaby....or if you park the car at a lot neat the skytrain and skytrain everywhere...

EK 2.0
12-11-2004, 08:20 PM
what will I be eyeing come boxing day...

Suckers with fat wallets...*CHING, CHING*

Seanith
12-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Boxing day?! I don't even know what I want for christmas :(

blinkme_210
12-11-2004, 11:42 PM
Change of plans!! Gonna get myself some new snowboard gear!!! If there are good enough deals, perhaps might even go with BURTON!!

Chester
12-12-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Black Friday. I here it is insane.

Yah it is insane. People will line up for hours waiting for stores to open, and when they do it's literally a stampede. If you fall, your gonna get hurt.

blinkme_210
12-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Chester

Yah it is insane. People will line up for hours waiting for stores to open, and when they do it's literally a stampede. If you fall, your gonna get hurt.

It's not so much getting into the store that's insane. It's when everyone that picks up what they want, and rushes to the cash register to pay so they can leave.

frostyda9
12-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

you and I both know that you can't afford anything on boxing day. well i know i can't Xmas this year is really streaching the budget

haha :werd: I have $ put away for my ps2 stuff, but the trip to B.C. is going to murder my bank account :(

jdmakkord
12-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
what will I be eyeing come boxing day...

Suckers with fat wallets...*CHING, CHING*

Hell, yeah!!! Boxing day will be my xmas present to my self. Working 5am-8pm, raking it in.......

marq-jt
12-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Do they have boxing day at Australia???:dunno:

EK 2.0
12-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Hell, yeah!!! Boxing day will be my xmas present to my self. Working 5am-8pm, raking it in.......

Been working almost 60 hours a week but it's so very worth it...and I cannot wait until boxing week...

I wanna get "Money" as my ring tone...:D

iceburns288
12-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by blinkme_210

It's not so much getting into the store that's insane. It's when everyone that picks up what they want, and rushes to the cash register to pay so they can leave.

Nah some lady got trampled to death tryin to get into WalMart last year!:eek:

wtf is Boxing Day anyways...

hampstor
12-12-2004, 11:47 PM
I just want boxing day off so I can relax :D

EK 2.0
12-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288

Nah some lady got trampled to death tryin to get into WalMart last year!:eek:

wtf is Boxing Day anyways...

it's the day right after X-Mas...December 26th.

a day where cosumers believe the best deals in retail are to be had...but as was mentioned in the thread already, most of these AMAZING deals can be had abot a week prior...as well as the week after...

Superesc
12-12-2004, 11:59 PM
eyeing for a new Fridge :D

EK 2.0
12-13-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
eyeing for a new Fridge :D

ask Kenny now...he might be able to swing a good deal from F.S. man...

Sorath
12-13-2004, 12:10 AM
clothes

eb0i
12-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by marq-jt
Do they have boxing day at Australia???:dunno:

I think so. I believe its a Common wealth holiday.

Altezza
12-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Nothing... If I wanted something that bad, I would have had it by now. I've come home empty-handed from Boxing day sales 3 years in a row now. :zzz:

How much so you sales guys typically rake in over Christmas and boxing day? $$$$$$$$$$

EK 2.0
12-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Altezza
Nothing... If I wanted something that bad, I would have had it by now. I've come home empty-handed from Boxing day sales 3 years in a row now. :zzz:

How much so you sales guys typically rake in over Christmas and boxing day? $$$$$$$$$$

my car audio days @ FS...boxing day would pull in between 700-1300 in my various years there...and Decembers cheques would be around the 4,500 - 6 grand mark...this is my first year at Sony...so I will have to see what it offers me...

Superesc
12-13-2004, 12:31 AM

ask Kenny now...he might be able to swing a good deal from F.S. man...

I thought he only deals TV????

EK 2.0
12-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Superesc

I thought he only deals TV????

he works in Home Theatre Calvin, BUT...when I worked at F.S. I could sell from any Dept., and they do sell appliances there...won't hurt to ask right??

Superesc
12-13-2004, 12:36 AM
true hehe Fridge is very important to Home Entertainments!! Beers gotta be kept cold during hockey games !! :D

GTS Jeff
12-13-2004, 12:38 AM
im not holding my breath for good sales on boxing day. ill be working and laughing as sales increase by 20 times even tho most things are regular price.

our company, like all the other companies out there, is unloading our excess stock of low-end models on b-day. it seems like there are good deals everywhere, but u get what u pay for. in any case, the entire store will have a few good deals, with everything else at regular price. but that doesnt stop ppl from going nuts anyway.

ive witnessed 2 boxing days (1 at future shop, 1 at best buy) and at 6am there is seriously a stampede of ppl RUNNING thru the store to get their shit. last year there were ppl camped out in the parking lot, opening presents and stuff with the kids too...

kenny
12-13-2004, 01:45 AM
I don't understand why people don't see that "boxing day" prices are really around all year. If you look at the prices TVs are selling for right now, they wont go any lower on boxing day--it might be cheaper when its on clearance and a sales manager wants that stuff out of there fast tho.

Best time to shop in terms of electronics is beginning of December because:

1. Things are in stock
2. Managers will do anything to close business cuz its slower
3. Sales people will spend more time with you

On another note:

superesc, I'll get you a good price on a fridge right now, no need to wait until Boxing Day :D

EK 2.0
12-13-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by kenny
I don't understand why people don't see that "boxing day" prices are really around all year. If you look at the prices TVs are selling for right now, they wont go any lower on boxing day--it might be cheaper when its on clearance and a sales manager wants that stuff out of there fast tho.

Best time to shop in terms of electronics is beginning of December because:

1. Things are in stock
2. Managers will do anything to close business cuz its slower
3. Sales people will spend more time with you

On another note:

superesc, I'll get you a good price on a fridge right now, no need to wait until Boxing Day :D

so very, very true...

and told you Calvin...:D

jdmakkord
12-13-2004, 11:23 AM

he works in Home Theatre Calvin, BUT...when I worked at F.S. I could sell from any Dept., and they do sell appliances there...won't hurt to ask right??

At FS, I''m zoned in HT, appliances, mobile, and car audio. Mind you, I'm at the smallest location in town.

sputnik
12-13-2004, 11:28 AM
I am looking to sleep in on Boxing Day. All of the "sale prices" will still be available long after anyways.

Superesc
12-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Sweet will Ask Kenny about some models hehehe

awd
12-13-2004, 12:16 PM
I will be hunting for a 42" flat.

frostyda9
12-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by awd
I will be hunting for a 42" flat.

What about the 61" you had HL2 running on :dunno:

DarkDream
12-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Not everything is cheap on boxing day..... Most stores just put one or two things really cheap just to bring people in the store.... And when those items are sold out people will just buy something because they didn't want to wait for 5 hours and end up buying nothing...

Last boxing day was pretty good i got a digicam for 5 bucks
but this year i am looking for any deals on laptops....

ryder_23
12-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9

What about the 61" you had HL2 running on :dunno:

one for his shitter?? :rofl:

girlRACER
12-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Ryan is going to teach me how to ski so I hope to get a good deal on some beginner skis, ski boots, and some ski gear. And then maybe I can come to the Beyond ski meet :)