PDA

View Full Version : More drama from Abcars

rage2
06-17-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by TRD
you didn't even start this, everyone is from albertacars, so why are you taking credit for something you didn't do? so why are you all bashing albertacars, you should be thankful for it, it's where it all started.

Nobody said we aren't thankful for abcars. I've been very vocal about abcars being a great site that introduced me to a lot of car enthusiasts.

Too bad the owner can't run their servers properly. Too bad the owner ran it to the ground with his shutdowns. Too bad the owner pissed everyone off by banning his top moderator for no reason.

We're mature here, and that's why it works. We never went out to abcars and told people to come here. They just showed up through word of mouth.

"If you build it they will come"

Originally posted by TRD
the only reason this site is successful is because of unlimited funds and not because of the creators hard work.

So that's a crime? It's bad that we spend our OWN money to launch a forum for people to get together and chat RELIABLY? If you want abcars to get better, go send the owner some $ to put the forum on a half decent server. Well if you think it's wrong for us to use our own money for the benefit of others, then be by guest and try and post on abcars. Enjoy your

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/na.bmp The page is currently unavailable

Due to current high demand, the page you are looking for cannot
be delivered right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/refresh.bmp Refresh button, or try again later.

HTTP Error 408 / 409 - Not acceptable / Resource conflict
Internet Explorer

CRXguy
06-17-2002, 01:37 PM
LOL.....

0wned!!:D :thumbsup:

bol
06-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by TRD
the only reason this site is successful is because of unlimited funds and not because of the creators hard work.

In addition to what rage said I'd like to add this:

We never started this site to compete, to start a war or to otherwise "steal" AlbertaCars users. If you can't provide a reliable forum, nevermind fast, people are not going to use it and are going to move on.

I myself am a paying member on AlbertaCars. I guess I am supporting the "competition" then.

Ben
06-17-2002, 02:03 PM
*Sigh* I dont have anything to say on this issue other than Beyond.Ca is a great site, as is Albertacars.Net. When Abcars is fast and works, it is a good site. Unfortunatly, shit happens and finance as well as personal problems happen. Either way, things are being considered and hopefully both can coexist perfectly...

Am I angry at Beyond.Ca having pretty much all of its members base Albertacars.Net members? Fuck no, its a free world, abcars doesn't have a leash on its members, they can explore other avenues.

Do I think Beyond.ca copied ABcars? No, these are all the same boards, made by the same company. Sure the theme of the forum is the same, and started by members of Abcars, but its a free world. They wanted a reliable means of talking about cars, which is something that ABCars currently but not perminantly have to offer.

In any case, I do wish this fucking queer issue would rest and it could all just settle out.

Its a car forum, not a Haterz forum.

Peace

Benny
Albertacars.Net Crew.

gpomp
06-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by bol
I myself am a paying member on AlbertaCars. I guess I am supporting the "competition" then.

Don't worry. I'm still paying to support a site that I'm not even a part of.

coolmody
06-18-2002, 01:22 AM
No worries.

I heard from someone the other day illegal money doesn't last forever.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer....

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by coolmody

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer....

That quote is from the famous Picasso!

You should put quotations on that sentence Wes; people might think your trying to use that as your own!

Received any kind of e-mail from 2advanced.com yet?

Peace

coolmody
06-18-2002, 01:30 AM
Yeah the creators like it.

Did you ever play follow the leader as a kid?

I never really liked the game. I see you have taken it up.

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 01:33 AM
Actually I did... and I got top marks for the only one in the class to notice when someone fucked up! :D :D :D

Peace

coolmody
06-18-2002, 01:35 AM
hmm? That doesn't make any sense. :dunno:

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 01:37 AM
Of course not, you told me that you never really liked playing it... thus you most likely didn't play it all that often!

Time to brush up on your skills there ole` Wes! :barf:

Peace

coolmody
06-18-2002, 01:38 AM
So you're agreeing with me? What??

I dissed you. You're not supposed to agree with me :banghead:

max_boost
06-18-2002, 01:38 AM
EDIT: IMO

Beyond.ca
- Fast Server
- Very knowledgeable enthusiasts
- Almost everyone has their own car
- Nicer cars
- Everyone gets along
- No flame wars
- More mature crowd
- Who has left the site?
- More Funds

Albertacars.net
- Slow Server
- Not enough knowledge
- Not as nice cars
- Alot of people talk about their parents car
- Not everyone gets along
- Lots of drama
- Younger crowd
- People leaving the site
- Limited Funds

Looks like the edge goes to beyond.ca

I don't have anything against albertacars.net but after awhile I couldn't stand all the drama. I wanted to be able to log into a site and talk about cars.

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 01:39 AM
Nicely put Sam!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So... when do you get your Bimmer??

Peter

rage2
06-18-2002, 01:39 AM
I heard from someone the other day illegal money doesn't last forever.

Yea, that's why I stopped selling drugs. Cops getting too close...

coolmody
06-18-2002, 01:40 AM
Beyond.ca

- Unlimited funds to an extent (I give it 2 years)

Ben
06-18-2002, 01:41 AM
http://members.albertacars.net/benny/stfu.jpg

Fuck, cant everyone just get along!

max_boost
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
Nicely put Sam!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So... when do you get your Bimmer??

Peter

I'm flying down to Vancouver on the 24th/monday! Going to be picking it up and driving it back!:clap:

I can't wait, so excited man!

coolmody
Originally posted by rage2

:rofl: :rofl:

coolmody
06-18-2002, 01:43 AM
I hope it comes from those photo stores. Maybe I'll get a chance tomorrow to see if I can finally get me M5.

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

I'm flying down to Vancouver on the 24th/monday! Going to be picking it up and driving it back!:clap:

I can't wait, so excited man!

Oh dude... I am so driving down there to meet up with you... just so I can drive back with you!!

Wadda yah` say??!!!! :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Peter

coolmody
06-18-2002, 01:45 AM

Oh dude... I am so driving down there to meet up with you... just so I can drive back with you!!

Peter

Like TOTALLY!! :nut:

rage2
06-18-2002, 01:46 AM
Beyond.ca

- Unlimited funds to an extent (I give it 2 years)

I dunno where this unlimited funds thing comes from. The site's hosted at where I work, and it costs me a measly $50 a month off my paycheck. At 2 years it's only $1200, less than a set of tires for my car. If you run a site, you better be able to back it up with your own time and money.

max_boost
06-18-2002, 01:46 AM

Peter

You serious?
I'm actually flying down there hehe and driving back

Ben
06-18-2002, 01:47 AM
Beyond.ca
- Fast Server
- Very knowledgeable enthusiasts
- Almost everyone has their own car
- Nicer cars
- Everyone gets along
- No flame wars
- More mature crowd
- Who has left the site?
- Unlimited Funds!

Albertacars.net
- Slow Server
- Not enough knowledge
- Not as nice cars
- Alot of people talk about their parents car
- Not everyone gets along
- Lots of drama
- Younger crowd
- People leaving the site
- Limited Funds

Looks like the edge goes to beyond.ca

I don't have anything against albertacars.net but after awhile I couldn't stand all the drama. I wanted to be able to log into a site and talk about cars.

What the fuck do you expect...it was pretty much the first site like it, of course its going to have a mix. the reason this site is so sucessfull is because all the mature (in context that is) enthusiasts left and all coagulated...no little yos, its new, it has the new car smell still...Remember abcars.net when it started, it was EXACTLY the same as this now...shit happens over time...it always does the more members you add.

ANYWAYS! I think this is getting blown WAY OUT OF CONTEXT!!!

Lets just leave the issue as it stands, we all have our opinions, lets leave it at that.

Its going nowhere FAST!

max_boost
06-18-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Benny

What the fuck do you expect...it was pretty much the first site like it, of course its going to have a mix. the reason this site is so sucessfull is because all the mature (in context that is) enthusiasts left and all coagulated...no little yos, its new, it has the new car smell still...Remember abcars.net when it started, it was EXACTLY the same as this now...shit happens over time...it always does the more members you add.

ANYWAYS! I think this is getting blown WAY OUT OF CONTEXT!!!

Lets just leave the issue as it stands, we all have our opinions, lets leave it at that.

Its going nowhere FAST!

Let me edit my post
In my own fcuking opinion!!

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 01:49 AM

You serious?
I'm actually flying down there hehe and driving back

I am very serious!! Screw the plane ticket dude... save money... spend some time with a friend...!!

I am super serious... I'm not doing anything those days! :D :D

Peter

GTS Jeff
06-18-2002, 01:50 AM
Man, I wish I could go to ABcars...I try and try and try to log in...but I've given up after all those 408/409s.

Oh yea, there's also the issue of 15 year old jackass "stuntaz" with their parents grocery getters. :thumbsdow

Ben
06-18-2002, 01:50 AM
its actually cheaper to fly...LOL Damn seat prices right now are great!:thumbsup:

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 01:52 AM
Oh.... well.... umm.... I like too.... drive.... places!! LOL

Well still... driving down will be more fun... and would create some killer photos (looking at Bol)! LOL

Peter

max_boost
06-18-2002, 01:52 AM
I paid my dues to albertacars.net but its not my fault or any other members fault when that site went downhill. What are we suppose to do? So Rage2 creates a faster/better site and we all jump on the bandwagon. That is just a fact of life.

Ben
06-18-2002, 01:54 AM
I paid my dues to albertacars.net but its not my fault or any other members fault when that site went downhill. What are we suppose to do? So Rage2 creates a faster/better site and we all jump on the bandwagon. That is just a fact of life.

I never said there was anything wrong with that, but what is so different about this site than Abcars was when it was first started? NOTHING...its just abcars is a year older...

max_boost
06-18-2002, 01:54 AM

I am very serious!! Screw the plane ticket dude... save money... spend some time with a friend...!!

I am super serious... I'm not doing anything those days! :D :D

Peter

Well I already bought the plane ticket. I have one extra one because Lindz is no longer coming along.

If you are willing to drive I might seriously consider that offer.....

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 01:55 AM
You have an ICQ: "oh-oh"!! :D

Peter

coolmody
If you run a site, you better be able to back it up with your own time and money.

Well then I'm hooped aren't I? Sorry guys for trying. It was fun while it lasted.....good luck to everyone in the future. May the car gods bring blessings to all your rides.

My last post.

Thanks to everyone I've met, you guys are all chilling. Thanks for the support for albertacars.net.

Now for Fluidic, excuse my language. A big FUCK YOU. I never did anything to you, I got your company started, gave you publicity, let you moderatate when abcars was growing, let you meet a lot of new people. And everytime you just screw me. What's your problem with me? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!!! Is it just me or have you pissed a lot of people off and left and followed some other people. I don't get you, but it's your life.

And for Duncan. I thought u were a friend, but I find out more everyday that you aren't. I dunno what your problem is, but until you tell me, it won't be solved.

max_boost: Good guy, good food. Can't go wrong!! :)

Peace guys.

Wes

PS: I don't have a problem with rage2. I don't think I can. Known each other since I was born through parents. I want to work for his dad too. kenny also.

Would you come on this site if you were me? Seems like everyone here hates me. That's why I'm leaving to stay ahead.

max_boost

I never said there was anything wrong with that, but what is so different about this site than Abcars was when it was first started? NOTHING...its just abcars is a year older...

I wasn't on albertacars.net when it first started so I don't know

What I don't get is why mody is on here starting wars with rage?

max_boost
06-18-2002, 01:56 AM
max_boost: Good guy, good food. Can't go wrong!! :)

Peace guys.

Wes

Good luck with your website dude

bol
06-18-2002, 01:57 AM
I'll take the plane ticket off your hands :D

max_boost
06-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by bol

What do I do? Just call up the company and say I want to cancel one ticket? What is the service charge?

Ben
06-18-2002, 01:59 AM
usually 20 to cancel

Fluidic
Now for Fluidic, excuse my language. A big FUCK YOU. I never did anything to you, I got your company started, gave you publicity, let you moderatate when abcars was growing, let you meet a lot of new people. And everytime you just screw me. What's your problem with me? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU!!! Is it just me or have you pissed a lot of people off and left and followed some other people. I don't get you, but it's your life.

Yes

Good-Bye

Peace

bol
who's it through? some companies let you cancel and get a refund, etc, etc as long as its not like the week before the flight

Ben
06-18-2002, 02:02 AM

Yes

Good-Bye

Peace

LOL, you have to give abcars some credit...you did get a hell of alot of exposure...though i'm not sure if your "business has grown any"

Either way, Lets just keep the insults and trash talk in our heads...this sort of shit is what causes bad things to happen...we dont need to fuck up another site...

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by bol

Actually... Sam and I were going to ask you to come with in the car. That way you could see Greg, and well... we would have someone to talk to... and yes... you know Bimmers... so you could lend your expertise to Sam once he takes acquisition of his new "Max_Boost BMW"! LOL

Peace

max_boost
06-18-2002, 02:03 AM
WEll I bought the ticket at Tomas Cook Travel in Chinook Center
Its Westjet tickets

I haven't traveled since I was like 8 years old so this whole process is so new to me lol

bol
06-18-2002, 02:06 AM

Actually... Sam and I were going to ask you to come with in the car.

heh I'd probably go
don't have any money though so I would be a dirty free loader haha

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 02:07 AM
Shelton... can you seperate the "to BC road trip" posts into another thread so Sam and I can still discuss this issue?!

Please and Thanks! :bigpimp:

rage2
06-18-2002, 02:07 AM
PS: I don't have a problem with rage2. I don't think I can. Known each other since I was born through parents. I want to work for his dad too. kenny also.

I don't have a problem with you either. I'm just a bit upset that you feel we stole from you or something. Seriously, if it wasn't for abcars, I would not have met the people that are on here and abcars. All I did was invest some of my own money into a hobby, which had a conflict of interest with you and your site. I shouldn't be punished for that by you should I?

I don't think anyone here hates you (ok maybe except Fludic Digital hehe) but I know some of us are sick of the whining between the both of us. So it's time to stay back on topic. =)

bol
06-18-2002, 02:08 AM
WEll I bought the ticket at Tomas Cook Travel in Chinook Center
Its Westjet tickets

I haven't traveled since I was like 8 years old so this whole process is so new to me lol

i've flown with westjet a lot but have always bought tickets directly through them...

but since you got it through a travel agency your chances of being able to cancel it might be greater, since they can turn around it sell it to someone else quickly

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Shelton... can you seperate the "to BC road trip" posts into another thread so Sam and I can still discuss this issue?!

Please and Thanks! :bigpimp:

Nevermind!

Peace

kenny
06-18-2002, 02:40 AM
In my own fcuking opinion

Beyond.ca
- Unlimited Funds!

That annoys me when people say that. It doesn't take an arm and a leg to build a half decent server to host the forums. Go check pricing on computer parts, its really not that much. I no longer had a use for the server, so I left it at the office. If you want to run a forum and don't have the cash, then get someone to sponsor you. Slap on a banner and get some coin to fund the site. If we actually had unlimited funds, let me tell you, we wouldn't be sitting on our computers talking about cars, we'd be out on our private road course driving all our cars and probably donating a server so albertacars.net wouldn't be so slow.

This whole thing needs to stop, its getting out of hand. TRD (you changed your name when you signed up on here, so I guess I wont say who you are, even though I know), don't come on here starting stuff. We built this forum through hard work, sure lots of people heard about us because albertacars already had a tight knit community, but that doesn't mean we didnt spend time modifying the software to our needs and setting up the servers that host it. Its not like we don't give credit to Albertacars, its where most of us met. We started this site because abcars was being shut down because of some childish soap opera like crap. What good is a site when one doesn't know if it'll be up in the next hour?

Hope this is the last of it, I tried to just let this post go w/o replying to it.. but I just had to say what was on my mind.

Fluidic
06-18-2002, 02:51 AM
Nicely put...

Now lock this thread!! :angel:

Peter

shadowz
06-18-2002, 03:24 AM
Umm.... man you guys need to chill out, its all about the cars, I dont get what all the comotion is about, relax we are all here for the same thing, but when another site had people bashing other peoples hard work or another shop it gets frustrating some people need to realize this may be a lifestyle but also this is supposed to be fun not an arugment to the death, I have great respect for the people on this site and hopfully I have theirs, but there is a handful of people in this industry that make me sick. Remeber its not like we are about different things, we are all here for the same thing so treat each other good

max_boost
06-18-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by kenny

That annoys me when people say that.

Holy Fcuk relax man
Didn't mean it literally

Only CoolMody thinks you guys have some sort of illegal operation brewing around here. Ahh who cares what others think:guns:

B18C
06-18-2002, 04:37 AM
Well put Shadowz.

I can see where Mody is coming from. It seems like everyone here was from ABcars (myself included) and it does seem like much of this site's success can be attributed to ABcars bringing the people together. When stuff started to go a bit sour over there, many people migrated over here and started bad mouthing ABcars. That said, not everyone here badmouthed them, the most important of which were the moderators here. Heck most of the trashing of ABcars here was stopped by the moderators. :thumbsup:

Besides, it's not like Rage isn't giving ABcars some credit for this site success. And it's not like Rage is making a profit from this site off ABcar's back. He set up this site out of the kindness of his heart (like CoolMody), and we should all thank him for that.

Personally, I haven't given up on ABcars. There are a lot of interesting people there. I don't get this bitching about people on there not owning there own cars or whatever. These sites are for car ENTHUSIASTS not car owners and people have to start somewhere. If people already knew everything, then both these sites would be dead.

I'm also not sure what the problem is between Fluidic Digital and Mody. Frankly I don't care. I know FD has some big problems over at ABcars. Some deserved and some not. If you don't have anything good to say about each other then just don't say anything. I don't think people here care.

Sorry for the rant. It's like quarter to five in the morning and I can't get to sleep. :madred:

redline
06-18-2002, 08:36 AM
:dunno: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
06-18-2002, 09:32 AM
http://members.albertacars.net/benny/stfu.jpg

Fuck, cant everyone just get along!
hahaha I will never ever get tired of seeing that, we shoudl send that to TRD....
abcars.net just got bunk, everyone knows it...the people on this forum are the people involved with the scene, there at the shows, the track, the events

redline
06-18-2002, 09:37 AM

Is that why your gangsta roll was so small last week?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damn i thought you said when you got the drug operation up that you were going to buy everyone SC NSXs??? :bigpimp: I want my SC NSX! :madred:

rage2
06-18-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by redline
Is that why your gangsta roll was so small last week?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's right! I saw your gangsta roll, you must be taking over the turf I left behind! :rofl:

redline
06-18-2002, 09:53 AM

That's right! I saw your gangsta roll, you must be taking over the turf I left behind! :rofl:

daddy needs a new M3 :thumbsup:

max_boost
06-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by B18C
Well put Shadowz.

I can see where Mody is coming from. It seems like everyone here was from ABcars (myself included) and it does seem like much of this site's success can be attributed to ABcars bringing the people together. When stuff started to go a bit sour over there, many people migrated over here and started bad mouthing ABcars. That said, not everyone here badmouthed them, the most important of which were the moderators here. Heck most of the trashing of ABcars here was stopped by the moderators. :thumbsup:

Besides, it's not like Rage isn't giving ABcars some credit for this site success. And it's not like Rage is making a profit from this site off ABcar's back. He set up this site out of the kindness of his heart (like CoolMody), and we should all thank him for that.

Personally, I haven't given up on ABcars. There are a lot of interesting people there. I don't get this bitching about people on there not owning there own cars or whatever. These sites are for car ENTHUSIASTS not car owners and people have to start somewhere. If people already knew everything, then both these sites would be dead.

I'm also not sure what the problem is between Fluidic Digital and Mody. Frankly I don't care. I know FD has some big problems over at ABcars. Some deserved and some not. If you don't have anything good to say about each other then just don't say anything. I don't think people here care.

Sorry for the rant. It's like quarter to five in the morning and I can't get to sleep. :madred:

Everyone already has acknowledge the fact that Albertacars.net was what initially brought everyone together.

Its cool that you still have hope in albertacars. But think about this, that website screwed up and in the real world its the people who is running the show that has to earn that respect back. Until Mody upgrades his server or whatever he needs to do, Albertacars will still go down hill and not everyone has the patience like you to wait and surf that forum.

If I lost all my customers to Jade Buddha by Safeway, what am I suppose to do? Go to Jade Buddha and complain? I don't think so man, when Mody shows up on this site and starts yapping I don't know what good things I really have to say about his site(abcars).

B18C
06-18-2002, 11:00 AM

Everyone already has acknowledge the fact that Albertacars.net was what initially brought everyone together.

Its cool that you still have hope in albertacars. But think about this, that website screwed up and in the real world its the people who is running the show that has to earn that respect back. Until Mody upgrades his server or whatever he needs to do, Albertacars will still go down hill and not everyone has the patience like you to wait and surf that forum.

If I lost all my customers to Jade Buddha by Safeway, what am I suppose to do? Go to Jade Buddha and complain? I don't think so man, when Mody shows up on this site and starts yapping I don't know what good things I really have to say about his site(abcars).

Point taken. I'm not saying that everyone here should bow down and pay hommage to Mody or anything. I agree that the onus is on ABcars to bring people back to it, if they so wish. People are going to go to where the action is.

And while people are giving Mody a hard time for showing up here and yapping let's not forget who started this thread (hint; it wasn't Mody).

Ben
06-18-2002, 11:03 AM
The thread was started by rage, so what...it was a few "Other" individuals who decided to bring back an old topic and bumfuck it around the block a few more times...thats what his post was a reply to.

This thread we are in now was a part of "Happy Birthday Beyond" if you folks were not aware, but was since sorted out and moved to this one to keep the other on topic...

ninspeed
06-18-2002, 11:06 AM
First off thanks to all the people who have spent all the time and money on getting all the sites started. Over a year ago dscr calgary chapter and albertacars.net open up in calgary. abcars grew, and so did dscr calgary (also knowen as themaxonline.net). Abcars was big... a little to big becuase it cuased alot of problems (we had the same thing with dscr toronto with over 3000 registred users). Beyond.ca has done a great job at keeping these boards under control, good job guys. ABCars did too, but it got out of hand.

I really enjoy comming on here and reading the posts about cars and such.. not reading flaming crap.

Keep your hatered for the track... you wanna get back at somebody.. you line him up

sexualbanana
06-18-2002, 11:07 AM

no worries about that man. they're gross

rage2
06-18-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by B18C
And while people are giving Mody a hard time for showing up here and yapping let's not forget who started this thread (hint; it wasn't Mody).

If you followed our little Soap Opera here, it was actually TRD (aka Celica_Girl_19) who decided to bitch me out =). I'm just trying to defend myself hehe.

B18C
06-18-2002, 12:00 PM

If you followed our little Soap Opera here, it was actually TRD (aka Celica_Girl_19) who decided to bitch me out =). I'm just trying to defend myself hehe.

Oh, I haven't really been following this thing. Sorry Rage. I just wrote to what I saw here :dunno:

kenny
06-18-2002, 12:14 PM
I think enough has been said on this topic, lets all try to get along, and go out for some ice cream or something!

ScCab
06-18-2002, 12:23 PM
:bigpimp:

just testing if I can post after it has been closed