PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Legacy 2.5gt, and Subaru questions???

Hollywood
12-10-2004, 01:23 PM
How much mark up is there on subaru's?

Can you get deals at dealerships? Or is it like inifinity where the price is the price?

Is there any complaints about the 2.5gt?

Are there any changes happening soon to it that would make this years less desireable than the newer model? Ie: better engine, or fixed transmision from a flaky first year one?

CRXguy
12-10-2004, 03:10 PM
PM'd, y0! :D

benyl
12-10-2004, 03:24 PM
shitty gas mileage, especially if you have a heavy foot.

Other than that it is cool. I am sure there is room to negotiate... there was room when I bought my car.

Hollywood
12-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Well I heard the STI's are getting different engines?? for 05?

benyl
12-10-2004, 04:31 PM
You mean '06. I have an '05.

People are talking about the H6. ~350hp

who knows... it is all rumour.

CRXguy
12-10-2004, 04:45 PM
If the new STi looks anything like the concept photos..... :barf:

Fuji
12-11-2004, 04:35 PM
I am pretty sure the STi will get the new H6, because they may be intorducing the new legacy next year with the twin turbo H6. 400+hp yo!

Thing about subies is you still can't really beat the shit outta them like you could to your old RWD 240. AWD drivetrains are typically still plauged with problems if you like to bag on them and do launches etc.

/////AMG
12-11-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm sure they're getting a new engine, especially to go against the new Mistu's which will have 400HP.

buh_buh
12-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

Thing about subies is you still can't really beat the shit outta them like you could to your old RWD 240. no worries there he drives like a pussy!!:poosie:

benyl
12-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
I'm sure they're getting a new engine, especially to go against the new Mistu's which will have 400HP.

I doubt that we will see that mitsu here... It would cost nearly $100,000 CDN

That.Guy.S30
12-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by benyl

I doubt that we will see that mitsu here... It would cost nearly $100,000 CDN

^ no doubt hey.

the 2.5gt is a PIG on gas man. but there is room to move.. possibly 3-4g's.. ive even seen some ppl who have gotten it BELOW invoice

Hollywood
12-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

^ no doubt hey.

the 2.5gt is a PIG on gas man. but there is room to move.. possibly 3-4g's.. ive even seen some ppl who have gotten it BELOW invoice

hmmm, which dealership?

For the record, I care nothing for gas mileage, never have. You have to pay to play. I used to drive a hot rod in the past, so it would be nothing compaired to that.

That.Guy.S30
12-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

hmmm, which dealership?

For the record, I care nothing for gas mileage, never have. You have to pay to play. I used to drive a hot rod in the past, so it would be nothing compaired to that.

buddy of mine got his lgt 2.5 at rally subaru in edmonton below invoice. but those guys up there are super nice compared to the lil bitches down here. my dads 05 outback, we got for invoice. and my subie we got for $100 below invoice. i guess it depends on which salesman you deal with. my car i got at centaur, my dads at SoC. same salesman tho.

benyl
12-12-2004, 08:09 PM
When I got my subby, I asked both dealers in edmonton if they could beat the offer.

They said I should take it and run. I guess it is all in the negotiation.

Fuji
12-12-2004, 09:15 PM
lol you wont get a deal on that. If you are spending 40K to get a legacy I would say spend a bit more and check out the Audi A4... Its nice!!! or wait until the new IS300 comes out which is due out in the near future. It's suppose dto be AWD and gotten new style and more ponies!

CRXguy
12-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Honestly, for 40k, I'd buy the TL w/Dynamic package. I would, but I can't afford it. haha

Hollywood
12-12-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm exploring my options and have npot decided on what to get.

Fuji
12-14-2004, 11:15 AM
OHHHHHH I agree with CRXguy there the TL is sooooo nice. The boss at wokr has one an it is very nice. Its got bluetooth and voice recognition etc...

benyl
12-14-2004, 01:17 PM
The one big problem with the TL... FWD.

Also, at least with the Autotragic, it definetly doesn't feel like it has 30hp less than my car... more like 100 less hp.

I would save some cash and buy an Accord V6 6-speed coupe.

For 40K, I would be looking at a 300C. Hemi powa.

I have also heard that Rx-8 are going for $33K...

Hash_man
12-14-2004, 02:10 PM
I think those new legacy's are very nice cars, but for the money, I wouldn't buy a subaru.

My mom has an '01 Outback H6 3.0 and has had tons of problems. The thing barely ever starts up properly if the weather is anywhere between -10 and +10, and SoC even told her this was the case when she took it in for service. Finally after contacting Subaru of Canada the problem will apparently be fixed, so we'll see.

Also, it's a super pig on gas, I would way rather buy an A4 for the price.

Fuji
12-14-2004, 02:50 PM
see I told you Subaru service sucks!

Hollywood
12-14-2004, 03:26 PM
see I told you Subaru service sucks!

All service sucks at any dealership trust me. They are all asshole money greedy fuckers.

Fuji
12-14-2004, 04:15 PM
no dood. Subaru will not do any warranty work, even tho they get paid for it. Even if you found out something was obviously wrong they wont do shat.

awd
12-14-2004, 05:32 PM
Don't take Fuji's opinion as gospel -- my experience with Subaru over the last couple years has been great.

Hell, my window was squeaking on Sunday from some dirt that got in there. I took it to SoC yesterday, Paul M. took my door apart, cleaned it out, replaced some slider pads and I was on my way -- free of charge, no questions. That is one of MANY examples from my experience.

Fuji if you hate Subaru service so much, sell your car and move on to a Honda -- not of all us have your shitty luck.

benyl
12-14-2004, 06:28 PM
oooo, dems fightin' words... :drama:

Fuji
12-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by awd
Don't take Fuji's opinion as gospel -- my experience with Subaru over the last couple years has been great.

Hell, my window was squeaking on Sunday from some dirt that got in there. I took it to SoC yesterday, Paul M. took my door apart, cleaned it out, replaced some slider pads and I was on my way -- free of charge, no questions. That is one of MANY examples from my experience.

Fuji if you hate Subaru service so much, sell your car and move on to a Honda -- not of all us have your shitty luck.

:whocares: Let's defend Subaru and Paul M. for somethign they are not. Just cuz you are in love with him, doesn't amke it all good.

All I was trying to do is make Hollywood aware of the BS. Point is they do shitty work not luck from my personal experience and he asked.

Mine is not the only case of this happening. I have a number of friends who have at least the same problems as mine.

If you got ripped off multiple times for valid warranty work you would know how it felt. Obviously you don't so STFU.

I like my car and I service my own car Subaru does not touch it now.

GME
12-14-2004, 08:29 PM
I've had good and bad experiences with the subaru dealers here, but I have had them repair things under warranty. I would rather do the work myself than take it to them though.

But back to the Legacy, here's a pic to get everyone back on topic.

http://members.roadfly.org/jbgotm/Legacy_STi.jpg

Hollywood
12-14-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by GME
But back to the Legacy, here's a pic to get everyone back on topic.

http://members.roadfly.org/jbgotm/Legacy_STi.jpg

That's pretty pimp!!:thumbsup:

awd
12-14-2004, 09:01 PM

:whocares: Let's defend Subaru and Paul M. for somethign they are not. Just cuz you are in love with him, doesn't amke it all good.

All I was trying to do is make Hollywood aware of the BS. Point is they do shitty work not luck from my personal experience and he asked.

Mine is not the only case of this happening. I have a number of friends who have at least the same problems as mine.

If you got ripped off multiple times for valid warranty work you would know how it felt. Obviously you don't so STFU.

I like my car and I service my own car Subaru does not touch it now.

I don't care, thats the thing -- but it seems all you do is complain about your car and the shitty service you get, so rather than let you speak for every Subaru owner I gave my experience.

And no, I am not sucking anyone's dick but I have no problem saying they treat me well -- because they do.

STFU? Thats mature -- I can see why you receive such great service.

Fuji
12-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by awd

I don't care, thats the thing -- but it seems all you do is complain about your car and the shitty service you get, so rather than let you speak for every Subaru owner I gave my experience.

And no, I am not sucking anyone's dick but I have no problem saying they treat me well -- because they do.

STFU? Thats mature -- I can see why you receive such great service.

hahha. :cry:

I complain about their service. BFD. fixing a window and replacing an engine are not even the same. So yay. They fixed a few of your minor problems... they have for me too. When it really mattered they never came through. End of story. I am sure you don't complain when you get shitty service ...

:drama:

benyl
12-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Again, I say :drama:

Hollywood
12-14-2004, 11:18 PM

hahha. :cry:

I complain about their service. BFD. fixing a window and replacing an engine are not even the same. So yay. They fixed a few of your minor problems... they have for me too. When it really mattered they never came through. End of story. I am sure you don't complain when you get shitty service ...

:drama:

didnt your motor have a leak in the block and they did not warenty even though they had no excuse or something??

Seanith
12-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Those new Legacys are really sexy.. so they will be selling for $40k?

Hash_man
12-15-2004, 02:12 AM
no dood. Subaru will not do any warranty work, even tho they get paid for it. Even if you found out something was obviously wrong they wont do shat.

This is very true... and I guess we'll find out how well subaru of canada represents themselves through their dealerships when my mom gets her car back tommorow... or so they say.:drama:

Those new Legacys are really sexy.. so they will be selling for $40k?

The base legacy starts at $30k, jumps to $35k from there with added leather and sunroof, and I'm pretty sure it skyrockets to above 40 for the gt.

That.Guy.S30
12-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man

This is very true... and I guess we'll find out how well subaru of canada represents themselves through their dealerships when my mom gets her car back tommorow... or so they say.:drama:

The base legacy starts at $30k, jumps to $35k from there with added leather and sunroof, and I'm pretty sure it skyrockets to above 40 for the gt.

29k for the base n/a legacy, 35k for the the 2.5gt. for the lgt limited add 3-5k for leather, sunroof, and some extras.